Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

best rpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fangor
    replied
    Odd...sounds very susceptible to uhh...fire breakouts :P

Leave a comment:

• Blackhand
    replied
    Arr! (for those who missed it)

Leave a comment:

• Flea
    replied
    *Now also sees him with a waterwheel driven computer, with a small windmill in front of his box. The keyboard is an old typewriter wired up with frankenstein bolt screws on the side. Most of it seems to have been hand carved from wood.*

"That there's a solid oak motherboard, m'boy!"

Leave a comment:

• Fangor
    replied
    *Vision of Blackhand shifts to a link on a piece of paper with a cursor stuck on with blue tac*

Leave a comment:

• Blackhand
    replied
    Heh.

Not broke, just cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Flea
    replied
    *Vision of blackhand as modern day computer techie orc in a business suit shifts to a crazy stubbly bearded orc who lives in a cardboard box, with a bunch of wires coming from the side to a electrical outlet.*

Leave a comment:

• Blackhand
    replied
    Very, very much worth the price, for the right audience.

That coming from someone who, until GR came along, spent a grand total of about $80/year on all purchases that were not food, clothing, shelter, or education-related.

Leave a comment:

• Fangor
    replied
    Blah it must be bought. *was hoping it was an online game*

Leave a comment:

• Acerbus
    replied
    Hehehhe thats an awesome game.

Leave a comment:

• Blackhand
    replied
    Originally posted by Fangor
    Need linky, Blackhand master of links.
    Munchkin - a card game best played by gaming groups that have been together a while.

Leave a comment:

• DrakeWurrum
    replied
    If it were computers, I would have to say Grendel's Revenge, because I have managed to play it for more than a month (and don't know any others *coughs*)

However, if I could vote for a non-PC RPG....I would have to say Kingdom Hearts. I like Final Fantasy, but I love the Kingdom Hearts story-line and the combat system. Plus, I dislike that there's an online Final Fantasy...totally bad idea, cause the game will be ruined by all those no-life-nerds out there who never get out of their chair and have uber-powerful-god-chars. But that's just me ranting *coughs*

Leave a comment:

• Norin
    replied
    Ah, the SCA... how fondly I remember it. Too bad the people I used to go with moved away. Never got to fight, but I always had a blast there.

Leave a comment:

• seta
    replied
    bah where are your pointy sticks

Leave a comment:

• Asmod
    replied
    PS:

Here's a picture of a couple of members of my unit fighting in a small skirmish war. (The guys in the red and black tunics, Alexander and Galen)

At least if you're gonna be nerds, beat the !#@(% out of each other while you're doing it.

(yes its full contact bruise-em-up combat)

Leave a comment:

• Asmod
    replied
    When you put it that way, LARPing is technichally all forms of acting.

However, i think of it mostly in the game sense. Such as when some idiot in plastic armor runs at you with a whiffle bat with a 3x5 card taped to it that says "Maulslayer, +3 vorpal guardian sword" screaming that he's "flying".

I prefer my own version of "larp".

Society for Creative Anachronism

I guess its a lot like LARP. Only there aren't any friggin fairies, the armor is real, and (while blunt and padded) those are real arrows coming at you.

I much prefer pulling off the perfect feint-wrap shot to slot my blade across thigh and make them limp for a few days and then brag about my own bruises during the revel afterwords, than spend an hour playing paper-rock-scissors and arguing over who's 3x5 spell card went off first.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X