Announcement

Collapse

Grendel's Revenge Free Accounts

On December 15th of 2012, Grendel's Revenge enabled free accounts for play. This announcement is following in the suit of TEC's own free account announcement, serving as a reminder to any new or returning players that are browsing the forums.

For all the details about what free accounts are, look no further than here: http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=95655

In order to log into GR for free, simply visit this page to sign into your Skotos account (ignoring any subscription notices it may give): https://www.skotos.net/user/login.php

Then click the following link for Zealotry/Firefox: zealotry:@GrendelsRevenge.skotos.net...login/Zealotry

Or this link for Alice/Internet Explorer: http://grendelsrevenge.skotos.net/mo...in/alice.shtml

Problems? Questions? You can email the GR staff group at grendel.staff@gmail.com
See more
See less

Age of Reptiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Reptiles

Age of Reptiles

This game is neat. If any of you had read any of Ricardo Delgado's comic novels of Age of Reptiles, this is based off of it. Mainly the second book, Tribal Warfare. You are a Deinonychus, surviving in the world of Pangaea. Here's what it says in topmudsites.com:

"I bring to you the Age of Reptiles mud.
    Unlike any other mud currently available, AoR takes place in
    prehistoric times in a quasi-factual setting and enables players
    to portray Deinonychus characters. AoR is role-playing enforced
    and fully player-killing capable, in fact, the setting is
    outright deadly. Players may form packs to better enable their
    survival and, in time, might become a pack's alpha or perhaps an
    outcast from it. Characters can also mate and sire fully playable
    hatchlings. As a whole, the goal for all players is survival and
    character development through pack/mate interraction."

There's no OOC in the game, if you like enforced RP, and once you get used to the commands and gameplay, it's very cool. To play, click 'stormhaven.genesismuds.com:5500' on the link given above, and start creating your character. Best of all, it's free!

And also a week old, so it'll be improving.

Only thing that's confusing is the place in the tutourial where you practice your skills. So see a list of skills you can train, type 'practice'--the words won't show up on the telenet screen, but they're there--and then 'practice <skill name>' to train it. You can train as many skills as you want, up to 30%. Then you need to train them on your own in the wilds.
    <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Achaea is better, though it can seem overwhelming at first.
    Current Monster: Nadriel the Hydra

-----------------
    "It's easy to criticize someone who generates an idea, assumes the risk."

Comment

Very cool game. Confusing at first, but give it a chance. And practice your skills in the beginning area with the glowy green light!

Fear my little bloody claws.
      ~In this world there are predators and there are prey; only the former survive.~

Lividium the Mummy moans to you, "I am so boiling you after this fane"
      Zeku: Sheesh, stupid me trying to role play in an rpg.
      A knight margrave exclaims to you, "I've caught you red-feathered!"

Comment

Originally posted by DrakeWurrum
        Acahaea is better, though it can seem overwhelming at first.
        Just be quiet. This thread isn't about Acahaea or whatever.
        <Zetsu the Vampire grumbles: [ GR's like meth... you try it once and for the next 10 years you're still hooked to it no matter how bad it gets ]>

Comment

*snaps his fingers*

-----------------

Comment

No advertising other games... You WILL play Grendel's Revenge and you WILL like it.
            acepius0@gmail.com

Comment

Oh, I do that anyways. I would be playing Achaea, but Grendel's Revenge is in my blood now.

-----------------

Comment

Meh, I'm too far behind in my GR levels to think about another game, heh

Maybe after its more established I'll take a look.

["Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." -Thomas Paine]

Comment

*bump, eyeshift*

Comment

By the way, I'm Zipolote. If you have any questions, ask.

Comment

Redjaw here.
                      ~In this world there are predators and there are prey; only the former survive.~

Lividium the Mummy moans to you, "I am so boiling you after this fane"
                      Zeku: Sheesh, stupid me trying to role play in an rpg.
                      A knight margrave exclaims to you, "I've caught you red-feathered!"

Comment

I've found this very interesting. The ic idea is very good. The mechanics need a little help, and the timing it still off, but it /is/ a game in development, and it seems to have that 'pull' like GR for being away from the normal hack and slash muds and mmorpgs.

Right now, I'm playing Haika, I will play others in time I'm sure.
                        Haika Unekaru, Master Jeweler
                        ~~ "Camaraderie. Adventure. and Steel on Steel. The stuff of legend, right Boo?" -Minsc the derenged Ranger ~~

Comment

*bump* This game is starting to get a bit popular, more and more players every day, and good updates recently.

Comment

Vliss may be sleepy, but he's always around..

Comment

Working...
                            X