Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Zealotry Add-on unsigned, Firefox automatically disables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zealotry Add-on unsigned, Firefox automatically disables

Has anybody had this issue using the Zealotry client? Are there any workarounds? I will be sending an email to Skotos support.

Wont work for me either this morning. Worked fine last night

Comment

Worked for me last night too, but not so much today. I suggest everyone who has issues send emails, maybe something will get done.

Comment

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

But yeah, this should do:

Load about:config in Firefox's address bar and hit enter.
        Confirm you will be careful if a warning message is displayed.
        Search for xpinstall.signatures.required.
        Double-click on the preference name so that its value is set to false.

Comment

I've had the same issue since I returned. The only clients that will work for me at all are Firefox and Flash. Flash bogs down after about 20 minutes of play and begins to lag (or less than 20 depending on activity). Firefox has random crashes, usually involving bringing up personal inventory. Doesn't always happen, but often enough to be annoying.

I emailed Skotos about this months ago to no avail.
          Wombat responds from afar, "Allupindat Booty is probably less acceptable than President Clinton."
          Tale responds from afar, "Downs Endrum? Really?"
          Arconn9 in "Best gladiators of all time project" thread - Wehttam (for beating Rizer,Drexus and like 5 other characters with a bow in the first Gladiator fights I ever been too and when we were are all newbie characters, just for that time lol)

Comment

Lets hope someone does something soon. We're running out of client options here.

Comment

All the clients need to be updated and/or upgraded. I still manage to use java, though I can't update it anymore without loosing the ability to play TEC with it. Nor can I upgrade to free Windows 10...which probably isn't all that bad to be honest..
              I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
              Steven Hawkings

Comment

I'm going to do my best to look at the Zealotry issue before the holidays (amidst several other before-the-holiday priorities). I *think* signing it should be relatively easy.

Comment

All of the TEC clients need updated badly. Most of them can't even be used. I've been stuck using flash since I returned which bogs down and has to be reloaded quite often. The Alice client I can't get to work at all, and the java clients can only be used if you have an old version of java. Its awful.
                  VOTE!!! TMS

http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vo...e+Eternal+City

Originally posted by xiaozh
                  There, I saw Neptune himself demonstrating Hypnoticus Pirate Style.
                  Originally posted by SirLocke
                  Hypnoticus and I remember a time when those that wield tridents were gods among mere mortal men.

Comment

Is there a fix to Zealotry?

Comment

There is a workaround, but ShannonA is still working on the fix. See earlier posts in this thread.

Comment

I've looked into the Zealotry problem. Basically, we have to submit a version of the code to Mozilla so that they can sign it. Unfortunately, there's a minor issue with the code having a higher Mozilla version number than Mozilla wants, and that needs to be corrected prior to their signing it. I've asked our Zealotry guy if he can quickly resolve that for me. I'll dig into it myself tomorrow afternoon if he's too busy at the moment.

There is a workaround, as suggested by Druceo:
                        Load about:config in Firefox's address bar and hit enter.
                        Confirm you will be careful if a warning message is displayed.
                        Search for xpinstall.signatures.required.
                        Double-click on the preference name so that its value is set to false.
                        This will revert things to working as they did with Firefox 42. Firefox 43 is also the only version of the software that will accept this variable, so your security will automatically revert to the higher level with Firefox 44.

Comment

This should now be working again. You *may* need to redownload the Zealotry client:
                          http://www.skotos.net/Zealotry/

Comment

PM me if you want a simple working Java client.

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
                              This should now be working again. You *may* need to redownload the Zealotry client:
                              http://www.skotos.net/Zealotry/
                              When I attempt to download it I first get a message telling me 'Firefox prevented the site from asking to install software on my computer'. When I hit the 'allow' button, I then receive 'the add-on couldn't be downloaded due to a connection failure'.
                              Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                              Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                              Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                              Ravenlark pats you.
                              Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information