X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domus Promotion

"Each Domus costs 500 story points, and are first come - first serve."

Are IG costs required as well?
    Are these Domii pre-designed or do we get to customize?
    Are they furnished at all?
    Will there be a notice when Domii have run out (or near running out)? Would hate to drop $250 for SP just to find out they're all gone
    If the Domii aren't completely bought out this month will the be available next month and thereafter at the same cost?

Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post
    "Each Domus costs 500 story points, and are first come - first serve."

Are IG costs required as well?
    Are these Domii pre-designed or do we get to customize?
    Are they furnished at all?
    Will there be a notice when Domii have run out (or near running out)? Would hate to drop $250 for SP just to find out they're all gone
    If the Domii aren't completely bought out this month will the be available next month and thereafter at the same cost?
    When they sold these before:
    There are the IG maintenance fees or taxes.
    Pre-designed, room makeovers are a separate cost.
    Some immovable decorative stuff and a bed for sure.
    No.
    Yes.

Comment

I am not a huge fan of "promotions" like this that are not purchasable with the existing OOC currency you accrue through the game (rolepoints).

Comment

Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post
        When they sold these before:
        There are the IG maintenance fees or taxes.
        Pre-designed, room makeovers are a separate cost.
        Some immovable decorative stuff and a bed for sure.
        No.
        Yes.
        Correct.

Originally posted by NewPatriot View Post
        I am not a huge fan of "promotions" like this that are not purchasable with the existing OOC currency you accrue through the game (rolepoints).
        Every month each premium subscriber receives 50 Story Points.

Currently you gain 1 point for referring a user, 20 points for referring a user who becomes a paying subscribers, and 50 points for mentoring a user who becomes a paying subscriber.

No, you don't accrue it within the game, but it's still possible to earn it (Referrals - If you refer someone to Skotos, or mentor someone in-game, you should tell them your account name or registered email address, so that they'll be able to give you StoryPoints when they become a registered user.), or accrue it every month (Premium accounts).
        Game Master Tale
        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

I don't really like that you are earning a TEC specific benefit through solely OOC currency. I was under the impression there were no plans to introduce "pay to win" incentives, only "play to win."

Comment

I don't think being able to buy a domus with story points quite equates to pay to win.
            Don't tread on me.

Comment

I don't really like that you are earning a TEC specific benefit through solely OOC currency. I was under the impression there were no plans to introduce "pay to win" incentives, only "play to win."
              Owning a home is not really that different than renting an inn-room, mechanically. It's just more prestigious because most everyone just agrees that it is. And you can obtain a domus completely IG by buying it from another player at any time. I would hardly call buying one with Story Points instead "paying to win" in any sense.

And you're not earning a TEC specific anything. You're earning Skotos currently, that can be converted to TEC currency (RPs), or spent as-is on premium goods and services (currently domii and course-bypassing stat increases).
              Game Master Tale
              Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

This cost is not significantly reduced (if at all) from normal domus availability. Any restrictions on second homes during or outside the promotion?

Comment

This cost is not significantly reduced (if at all) from normal domus availability. Any restrictions on second homes during or outside the promotion?
                  500 story points is the same it has always been. I think this was more of a Hey, we have domii again if you guys want them since they ran out for awhile. I don't think it was meant to be considered an actual promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh
                    Bring on the property tycoons! Can you rent out a Domus?
                    Would absolutely do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran View Post
                      500 story points is the same it has always been. I think this was more of a Hey, we have domii again if you guys want them since they ran out for awhile. I don't think it was meant to be considered an actual promotion.
                      It was posted in the 'Special Promotions' thread. Usually reserved for deals, not announcements. I understand this is a limited offer type and all so sure, it could fit. If it was half price I'd understand a one per person type thing too. At full price, not so much.

Comment

Can you still buy a Domus Credit with RPs?
                        Don't tread on me.

Comment

It was posted in the 'Special Promotions' thread. Usually reserved for deals, not announcements. I understand this is a limited offer type and all so sure, it could fit. If it was half price I'd understand a one per person type thing too. At full price, not so much.
                          Yeah, I think its more because of the limited time part of it+limited domii that makes it a promotion.

Comment

Honest question, are people happy with the direction TEC took? Are people happy that they can spend a few hundred bucks (or use an outdated referral pyramid scheme) to get something others took years to get ?

I am just trying to wrap my head around what the people in this game want. It just seems dramatically different than anything I ever wanted years ago and anything I would want today (I paid 13 bucks and basically have not logged in).

The people who have blatantly botted for years on end just dropped crazy amounts of money (one guy in the WA just said he spent 450 bucks, after he has been busted for botting multiple times) to finally get their grand finale. I seriously don't get it.

The funniest part is it made me sad when I saw Shizdain think while I was logged in as Hurrok. The best showdown I ever got into. I thought to myself, "I could probably idle for some serious time and try to KO him in the steps." Literally, the only thing I thought of was, "Did he drop money to just dump stats into his character? Did his friends? If his friends cheated could he stop them? If his friends completely played by the rules and just bought dozens of stat points could I stop them? Did they pay for crazy insta-KO emotes like the rats that would hog-tie a person and stun them?"

(Trust me, if I wanted to describe some cheating mechanics in the game right here, I could)

Whew, talk about a letdown of anything I'd ever want to come back to TEC for. If this isn't a crazy cash grab, then I wouldn't really know what is. This is where the thread is locked for negativity.

Comment

I would be surprised if anyone that plays TEC is happy with Skotos. They charge way too much money to play a text based game with a low playerbase. I basically see it as extortion of a crack addict - minimal exaggeration here. Especially since they have not been using virtually any of the money to improve services, or pay GM's. The only improvement I've seen since we went to Skotos is the server move a year or two ago that drastically reduced lag and backup times... but quite frankly we've probably paid over $100,000 in sub fees between all of us for an at-most $5,000 server and and a couple one-time clients (meaning no support since to make them work after issues arising)

Skotos = Reduced player base, costs money, minimal improvements
                              GM's= Volunteers improving the game, free, massive improvements

The game would be much better off owned by an individual using small subscription fees to pay for cloud server hosting and modest profit margin. Is that ever gonna happen? Nope, to buy rights I'm sure Skotos would charge a million dollars....

Comment

Working...
                              X