X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vladmir
    replied
    Originally posted by ThaJuggla View Post
    I have this issue as well. Sometimes it even bugs out and starts adding inventory bullet circles next to every line it prints.
    Indeed, same here.

Leave a comment:

• Corb
    replied
    As minor as it is, I'm most excited for the option to have a black background with white text.
    I can't wait to try it out. Thanks Wyrhtan!

Leave a comment:

• ThaJuggla
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilippeCP
    Negative. That changes the font size. My font actually changes. There is no option to change the font in the Flash client.
    I have this issue as well. Sometimes it even bugs out and starts adding inventory bullet circles next to every line it prints.

Leave a comment:

• ArchMagi
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilippeCP
    What's the deal with the Flash client randomly changing fonts? I know I'm not alone on this.
    Is there a way to fix it once it's happened? I mean... you may as well refresh because it's the flash client. Even so... it sucks.

PCP.
    just go to file, preferences and change your font size back.

Leave a comment:

• Ilkilyn
    replied
    I think this effort is an excellent show that Skotos wants to actually give its players value for the money they pay. Any idea of when this will start to be beta tested/released?

Leave a comment:

• HotMoltenLava
    replied
    Originally posted by Metharus View Post
    I really enjoy the look of the Java Client toolbar. I wish that it could be implemented into any future clients.
    I second that.

Leave a comment:

• Metharus
    replied
    I really enjoy the look of the Java Client toolbar. I wish that it could be implemented into any future clients.

Leave a comment:

• mikeand
    replied
    Turning off all sidebars and images is one thing I'd wish for. Though it sounds like that isn't going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• isgrimnur
    replied
    Wyrhtan, not sure if this will help, but I use Java. I have a Windows 7 machine and have to use Version 7 Update 67 (build 1.7.0_67-b01) of Java to make it work for TEC, as well as adding TEC to the whiteboard and lowering my security in Java to High

Leave a comment:

• felisin01
    replied
    This sounds great, cheers for all your work so far mate

Leave a comment:

• Wyrhtan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jubey View Post
    as you've made it so you can flip the interaction stuffs on the left or right-side, how much of a pain in the arse would it be to have the option to flip it to the bottom, so the layout could be similar to Java?
    I really wanted to do this, but optional bars on both the sides and the top/bottom pushed the limit of how complicated I could make the layout system while still developing the client. I plan to return to this at some point, but I don't expect it to make the initial release.
    Originally posted by Jubey View Post
    That weather/lighting window really helped my immersion and 'feel' the environment, funny what a picture of a torch, rainy clouds, sunny day or starry night can do to the mind.

I wonder what it'd be like if that weather/lighting window could be expanded to the background/sidebar areas, oooooooh.... lol
    Being able to add things like this helped get me interested in clients in the first place. That said, while I have my own ideas planned, I'd like to learn more about how the Java client did things. So far I've not been able to get it to run on my (fairly locked down) machines. I've seen a few screenshots, but it's not quite the same as seeing it in action.

Leave a comment:

• Wyrhtan
    replied
    Originally posted by Syden View Post
    Can we get a round time bar like GR?
    Sounds reasonable. Will depend on how the TEC server handles roundtimes; if there's no problems getting the server to to send the info to the client, I'll add that in. No promises until I research that, though.

Leave a comment:

• Jubey
    replied
    Well this is great news, massive thanks to you Wyrhtan and Sceadu for pushing this!

As you've already touched on the Java's weather window (We were avid users of the Java client up until our very recent return last month), and as you've made it so you can flip the interaction stuffs on the left or right-side, how much of a pain in the arse would it be to have the option to flip it to the bottom, so the layout could be similar to Java? (But with the live mini-map added)

I love the mini-map of Flash/Zealotry, the cleanliness and sharpness of Flash but the lagginess of it made me switch it for Zealotry.
    I just used Java for so long, that every other layout seems weird, haha.

That weather/lighting window really helped my immersion and 'feel' the environment, funny what a picture of a torch, rainy clouds, sunny day or starry night can do to the mind.

I wonder what it'd be like if that weather/lighting window could be expanded to the background/sidebar areas, oooooooh.... lol

Great ideas, and thanks for trying to implement people's needs and wants, it's real thoughtful and awesome of you.

Leave a comment:

• Syden
    replied
    Can we get a round time bar like GR?

Leave a comment:

• Wyrhtan
    replied
    A few updates:

Hotkeys:
    Hotkeys are now working in the new client. They'll default to off, so as to not interfere with any existing macros that make use of the number pad. When hotkeys are turned on, they can be set to either "always work" (so you can hit a quick hotkey in the middle of typing something) or "only when the input area is blank" (so you can use the number pad as a part of entering commands).

The hotkeys are set with 5 to look, and + and - to go up/down. The number pad has more keys, however, and I'm pondering if we should use them, and for what. Perhaps inventory, examine here, and exits (the last one being useful for those with walking look turned off)? I want these to be commands that work across all games, so nothing TEC-specific like ss (though maybe I'll add a way to customize what the hotkeys do sometime after release).

Bar Accuracy:
    It took a bit of doing, but I understand what's going on now - Irisa's description is pretty much how I'd describe it. I'm used to the GR bars, which are more accurate, so it caught me off guard.

I've gotten the go-ahead from Sceadu to try to bump up the accuracy for TEC, and I've found a way to do it that should work for all clients. However, I need someone who uses the Java client to help me test, to make sure the change doesn't have any negative effects on it.

Additional upgrades related to the info in the bars are still planned, but getting the baseline bars more useful is a good place to start.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X