Item alteration policy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Item alteration policy.

Recently I @requested a few items to be altered for a themed 'uniform' look for an armor setup. I was told by the responding GM that only 1 item can be altered per month. However, when looking in the help files there is no rule stated saying one item per month and I don't really see how we should only be limited to 1 item per month as we are paying customers (barring any blaring abuses like maybe stolen faceplates or weapons). I could understand if maybe there was a 'special' for the month on it where it's half price or something but, really? 1 item per month?

I asked for clarification from the GM that replied to the tickets and they stated it's always been the policy, which may be true I never really asked for much to get dressed up in the neary 20 years ive been playing this game.

So, after several bell ringings in the WA I'm now asking for clarification, publicly from Sceadu since he's top dog of TEC for clarification on the policies of alterations, and maybe on character makeovers and custom items to.
    Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
    Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

It wasn't always like that, but once it changed, the loop hole was to just have a friend get it altered for you and just pay them.

Comment

As listed here under The Eternal City Premium:

Premium subscribers may request one RP-based feature or service that requires GM attention every month (base is one every two months for non-premium subscribers). Any requested service will be guaranteed completed in 30 days. Requests may be made in TEC through "@request".

So technically, it's one a month for premium accounts, and one every two for basic. Some of the listed prices have changed but the base rules did not. Hope that helps, though not the answer you would have liked.
      Amatoria crams a fist full of biscuits in her mouth.
      You pick out a biscuit from some biscuits.
      You consume the last of a biscuit.
      Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
      Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Comment

For those of us without a combat char thats usualy what i spend my rps on is alteraitons/customs. I have a list that grows by the day of stuff id love to get done.But yeah one a month so the list will go on forever.

Comment

i still don't see how as paying customers, we should actually be punished in the fact that we're not allowed to spend an ooc currency that's already not overly easy to obtain (meaning we cant farm rps it takes hours and hours with some rp awards and kudos here and there) i'd still like to hear from sceadu on this but, we'll see how this goes. and to clarify, im not asking for multiple covers or weapons to be altered, im requesting a legitimate matching armor set
          Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
          Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

My guess would be staff availability. I've noticed item requests have been pretty quick for a while now but there are bound to be times where the staff member(s) in charge of filling requests have other obligations. I personally wouldn't want to have to create or alter hundreds of items in one go on top of other administrative roles that a GM would encounter. We're a pain in the ass to deal with already.

Comment

Working...
            X