Flash Client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Client

Anyone else notice that the flash client slows down as you use it longer, and needs to be reloaded to every hour or so to keep it playable? Is there a fix?
    Spectatum veniunt, veniunt spectentur ut ipsae.

-- Ovid

<Iason thinks aloud: HELP!>

It's been like that for as long as I've been using it (2 years?). No fix that I'm aware of. There is (was?) a new client being worked on, but I haven't heard an update on that in months, so not sure what the status is. Every hour sounds about what I experience, too.
    Top Mud Sites - http://bit.ly/VoteTEC
    Mud Connector - http://bit.ly/TECMudCon
    Vote daily!

Comment

it's faster if you do a lot of stuff that causes a lot of scroll, like combat, or walking all over the place, it's a flash memory leak, more shit you do, larger the lag spike, I've once sat around for 13 hours, not doing much, and the lag never hit me.

Comment

Is there a client that actually works properly? Flash lags up after use, and Zealotry seems to hang every so often, usually when scrolling through the 'skills' or 'inv' command.

-- Ovid

Comment

I always use Zealotry.

Flash seems to randomly decrease its font size/face on my computer, and it seems to lag after only 15 minutes. Zealotry does freeze and hang on occasion, especially with INV as you noted. I don't even use the INV command anymore because of it - I just use IW (inventory weight) to see what my characters are wearing, then manually look in whatever containers they have. Sometimes I find that Zealotry lags until I LOOK - for some reason that seems to free it up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Red431 View Post
            Is there a client that actually works properly? Flash lags up after use, and Zealotry seems to hang every so often, usually when scrolling through the 'skills' or 'inv' command.
            To be perfectly honest...not really. They all have their little "quirks". There was/is that other client being worked on, and it was in beta (I think?) last update that I'm aware of. Just have to find the one you can work with the most.
            Last edited by raven3517; 12-03-2016, 04:54 AM.
            Top Mud Sites - http://bit.ly/VoteTEC
            Mud Connector - http://bit.ly/TECMudCon
            Vote daily!

Comment

Alice worked great before Microsoft dumped IE32x, Zealotry is decent and took a while to get used to and most of the issues are minor.
              Originally Posted by Herdias86
              [Success: 5, Roll: 58] You step forward, grasping your retalq axe in one hand tightly and lifting it above your head, before striking downwards in a powerful blow aimed at a gladiator! Critical Hit! Thrust to the face leaves a gladiator bleeding profusely from the cheek!
              Originally posted by ArchMagi
              your chopping motion turned into a straight thrust, cool trick that.
              Troll Fail level OVER 9000!

Originally posted by glenh
              True, and i guess it could kill my character if i argue too much with you.
              Sooooo much win!

Comment

Perhaps ironing out a proper client should be a priority for GMs. Having to deal with 'quirks' or employ loopholes might be OK for us who've been around for a while, but if there is any sort of attempt to attract new players, having a stable platform should be something to strive for.

-- Ovid

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post
                  Alice worked great before Microsoft dumped IE32x, Zealotry is decent and took a while to get used to and most of the issues are minor.
                  Alice was/is slower with inputs. At least for me.
                  Flamboyant

Comment

If a new client is designed, I'd like to suggest a way to adjust the background colour or at least a "dark mode".

Comment

Originally posted by Dysis View Post
                      If a new client is designed, I'd like to suggest a way to adjust the background colour or at least a "dark mode".
                      I like the idea.. thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                      X