New Skotos Client - TEC Beta Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Skotos Client - TEC Beta Release

The new Skotos client is now open for beta testing at http://test.skotos.net/orchil/

This client works in all modern, up-to-date browsers, and while it's not yet fully optimized for mobile devices, it generally works on them as well (though you'll likely want to turn off the left sidebar for mobile use).
    It is also Skotos's most customizeable client yet, with many options exposed through the CLIENTPREF command (currently with a placeholder UI).

The client is still under development, but it should be useable without issue for most players. If you encounter any issues with the client, please report them here, or ingame under 'Client bugs'. I'll also be in the welcome area and available through the PROCLAIM command for a few hours this evening.

I hope you find the new client an improved way to experience The Eternal City, and the rest of the Skotos games as the beta progresses. Thanks for playing!
    Wyrhtan, Grendel's Revenge GameMaster

So far, I really enjoy the new client, been connected for over two hours, with zero signs of memory leaks, or overflow, resulting in huge amounts of lag, as time goes by, with more stuff going on. Would like the macro buttons to echo like entering a command, and to have the command echo not be bold, but italics.

Comment

Wyrhtan, right now you are my hero, I've not had to restart due to lag once im three hours in. #superherostatus
      The Brotherhood of Traevant-Medivh Server

Traevant Militia First Speaker

Jerkface

Comment

Completely agree with Kered, as this is probably the best thing to happen for this game in a long time. We can now refer friends without having to go through a very long explanation as to why none of the clients work.

Things I LOVE:
        Client Prefs - Ability to remove sidebars (Great for phones), change font size, change echo type for entered commands, force word wrap
        Zero Lag - As with the others, haven't had any slowdown issues, regardless of time spent which is a HUGE deal
        Compatibility - So far works with my Phone, Tablet, PC and Laptop

The client has been working great on my Note 5, with the only issue being my spotty signal causing disconnects often without any notification that you've lost connection. Also I noticed that while TEC the game submits to force word wrap, the displayed options under client prefs does not word wrap and you need to horizontally scroll to see the options.

Only other thing I can think of that I've noticed on android is that when you try to scroll up in the output box, if you hit the top where you first log in, instead of just stopping there the entire page gets pulled down and causes android to reload the page (I think this is an intentional android feature that's accidentally invoked). Any way to restrict swipe scrolling in the output box to only move the output box and not the page would fix that if possible.

I'll try to get these in bug reports when I get a bit

Comment

I've found that after hours of playing, my client bogs down when I had a lot of stuff...
          I found that clientpref scrollback_count 1000 seems to prevent that bog down... for anyone else finding that at higher numbers it get slower eventually.

Comment

How do you increase the font size?

Comment

Cecil78 Type clientpref into the input area, or click the three green horizontal lines in the top-right of the client to see all your setting options. Because it is browser-based, you can also adjust the font size within your browser too.

Comment

The client doesn't load anymore, stays stuck on loading client preferences. Doesn't enter the game.

Comment

Once in a while (not all the time) I get a giant lag spike where no commands get through, the screen kinda whites but corrects itself, i would say it could be my connection but i stream wow and have zero lag time

Jerkface

Comment

It's been on and off laggy for me, I stream wow and have no lag, and when i mean lag i mean enter command nothing happens,you see the command a couple times white screen then it catches up

Jerkface

Comment

Let's try for the third time, anyone else getting a bit of lag and commands going through but kinda stuck there?

Jerkface

Comment

if it works, then it's a problem with your scrollback count being too high, put it to a lower number, like 1000, 0 is unlimited.
                        if it doesn't work, then it's a good thing this is a beta, not a final release. And as such I don't know how to help with it not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
                          Let's try for the third time, anyone else getting a bit of lag and commands going through but kinda stuck there?
                          I think I've experienced that, but not commonly. Like every great once in a while I have to type something in twice, or it seems to take a second.
                          Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                          Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                          Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                          Ravenlark pats you.
                          Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Could anyone post the command you use to get it to log? I seem to have misplaced it

Comment

Originally posted by amface View Post
                              Could anyone post the command you use to get it to log? I seem to have misplaced it
                              You have to manually click the save button on the top right. If you use "clientpref" to get the menu you should be able to turn it so that it prompts you when closing too.

Comment

Working...
                              X