Announcement

Collapse

Downtime Report: Wednesday Night

We had an abrupt and unannounced downtime for all games and services starting sometime after 9pm PT on Wednesday evening. This was due to a massive power outage at our cloud computing facility of the sort that redundant systems are supposed to ensure never happen. After about an hour they were able to diagnose that the power was out. It took a few more hours for them to start restoring service.

At this moment, everything is back up except for Ironclaw and TEC. At the rate they're restoring things, I hope those will be back up in the next 15-30 minutes, but it's entirely in their hands.

As is typically the case with a sudden reboot, TEC and GR have to be rolled back. This is already done with GR. The TEC rollback should be just a few hours due to the more recent backups recently instituted, but I need to get the machine back before I can verify that.

Update: Ironclaw and TEC are now back too. The TEC rollback was 2.5 hours, from 9.30pm PT (when everything crashed) to 7.00 pm PT.
See more
See less

New Skotos Client - TEC Beta Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get like a /clear command for the text buffer on the Orchil client? If you do a lot of traveling, combat, or looking after a while it really starts to lag and has to be closed and reopened to be bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by herdias View Post
      Can we get like a /clear command for the text buffer on the Orchil client? If you do a lot of traveling, combat, or looking after a while it really starts to lag and has to be closed and reopened to be bearable.
      Hey, if they don't do this fast enough for you let me know. I'll send you some javascript to clear it out since this new client makes it super easy to inject javascript into your browser

Comment

genuine question... does that mean super easy for other people to hack you, or for you to hack yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by herdias View Post
          At least now I know why I have to refresh the client every so often!
          Originally posted by Dyro
          Good RP is consistency.
          Originally posted by Cloudy
          Shiloboy wins.
          Fatality.
          Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
            I've found that after hours of playing, my client bogs down when I had a lot of stuff...
            I found that clientpref scrollback_count 1000 seems to prevent that bog down... for anyone else finding that at higher numbers it get slower eventually.
            try this first?

Comment

Be aware you can turn your scroll count down using the CLIENTPREF command within the client to not hold so much scroll. This should help with this issue.
              Game Master Sceadu

Comment

Didn't even know half these preferences existed. Thanks that seems to do wonders! I think my only complaint about the client now is that you A) can't refresh it directly without closing window if you time out B) if skotos logs you out of their account you have to log off and log back in and clicking orchil client link in play now doesnt route you to login screen

Comment

Right click the top of the window, outside the gameplay area, and click, reload.

Comment

Working...
                  X