Hiding Welcome Area Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding Welcome Area Names

Could we please have to option to hide our Welcome Area users from the welcome are and from the Who list please. I don't enjoy having my account information compromised, and I don't feel like I should have to spend role points on a WA cover for security.

Thank you,

Originally posted by The_thief View Post
    Could we please have to option to hide our Welcome Area users from the welcome are and from the Who list please. I don't enjoy having my account information compromised, and I don't feel like I should have to spend role points on a WA cover for security.

Thank you,
    Could not agree more with this statement. They claim they added the one minute annoyance roundtime to prevent people who spamming to discover alts but force everyone to show they're in the WA allowing people to find alts that way.

Comment

I don't even know who plays half the people why would I care who plays what alt, unless someone wants to tell me it doesnt matter? But im with you guys if its not cool and impacting then maybe we should block it and just show x amount of people in the WA and not names
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran View Post

Could not agree more with this statement. They claim they added the one minute annoyance roundtime to prevent people who spamming to discover alts but force everyone to show they're in the WA allowing people to find alts that way.
        It is pretty obvious who is playing what character when there are only a few people shown on who list and you happen to play a character who isn't hidden from who

I'd even go for a 2.5 minute round time on the who list. I very rarely use Who. I think I check it when I first log in and that is about it.

Originally posted by Kered View Post
        I don't even know who plays half the people why would I care who plays what alt, unless someone wants to tell me it doesnt matter? But im with you guys if its not cool and impacting then maybe we should block it and just show x amount of people in the WA and not names
        I agree with this also. I can count the number of people I know who plays what on one hand, but mostly because I asked and they decided to answer.

Are people treating alts differently because of someone's main character? That is not cool if that is what is being implied or is actually happening.
        TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
        "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
        "Shiloboy wins.
        Fatality.
        Keep up the good work."

Comment

People treat people differently based on who the player is, regardless of how people roleplay their character. Not everyone can separate fantasy from reality and choose to take the behaviors of a character, and transfer it to the player, and then prejudge all that player's characters as that player.

Comment

Maybe make it so who can't be used in the WA?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyril View Post
              Maybe make it so who can't be used in the WA?
              This isn't really the issue we're talking about.

For example, imagine you're doing the Ludus for training on a newer alt and logging off between hunts or swap characters or just don't want to idle in game. Now imagine, you're back in the WA heading back toward said character. Well, you just logged into someone idling in the Ludus cots because populated offline resting place in a semi inactive game.

Likeihood is, unless you move like a ninja and logged into the WA and then back into the alt with almost no delay. If they guy you just logged into happen to be watching who because they have nothing better to do. They likely saw your WA name and your character wake up to give 90% accuracy of your WA identify.

Yes: In this example you can rest somewhere else among other things to prevent this from happening, but, most noobs can't afraid an inn room without being a VC. (Believe it or not some people do go none VC alts.) On top of that, you shouldn't have to. The game shouldnt be built in a way where this can happen. There was no reason for staff to make it where you have to be on who in the WA. For the longest time it wasn't like that.

Comment

There are players that may hold OOC grudges, especially when you're involved in heavy PVP and Pk's.
                But, more than the security of our characters/account identities, is the compromise of our account log in information. If someone wanted to hack into your account they're half way there.

I specifically hide my WA character and spend as minimal time in there as possible, but still don't enjoy having my account name blasted on Who

Comment

Reading that The_thief makes me sad, that feels like people are being lame

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
                    Reading that The_thief makes me sad, that feels like people are being lame
                    The grudges are real. There were a few people years ago that didn't like the characters I played and would think for all of them back to back and then continue the nonsense in the WA. Got so bad that Bact changed my WA name to something else to help. But it seems that messed up the mail system and was eventually changed back.

It's sad how quickly folks forget this is a game....and supposed to be fun.
                    <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                    Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

Back when I was first starting Doot I used to get yelled at till Scott spammed Doot over global think network for two days

Comment

Originally posted by The_thief View Post
                        There are players that may hold OOC grudges, especially when you're involved in heavy PVP and Pk's.
                        Yeah this happens a fair bit, also entertaining when one person has a character die and another character with the same personality shows up a day later.

An alternative is to keep your character off the who list when logging in and out.. or just don't instantly announce yourself in game.

At the end of the day the people spamming who to find your alt are just going to ask there friends on Skype. So you are sunk either way.

Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Originally posted by Felisin View Post

Yeah this happens a fair bit, also entertaining when one person has a character die and another character with the same personality shows up a day later.

An alternative is to keep your character off the who list when logging in and out.. or just don't instantly announce yourself in game.

At the end of the day the people spamming who to find your alt are just going to ask there friends on Skype. So you are sunk either way.
                          I used to have a problem with this sort of thing until I realized that TEC is a living world. It is highly possible that one person died off and there just so happens to be another one of them running around. Do I think it is pretty lame? Oh yeah.

People are going to do whatever they want to do. If they are heavy into PvP and feel like holding a grudge - well I hope all those months of training are worth it.
                          TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
                          Fatality.
                          Keep up the good work."

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloboy View Post

I used to have a problem with this sort of thing until I realized that TEC is a living world. It is highly possible that one person died off and there just so happens to be another one of them running around. Do I think it is pretty lame? Oh yeah.

People are going to do whatever they want to do. If they are heavy into PvP and feel like holding a grudge - well I hope all those months of training are worth it.
                            I have zero problems with friendship groups wanting to play together and even play across different characters. We are all here to enjoy our time and be entertained, it just goes without saying.. don't use that to negatively impact someone else experience.
                            Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

Originally posted by Felisin View Post

... don't use that to negatively impact someone else experience.

Could not agree more man!

I know I've been enjoying my time back.
                              TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
                              Fatality.
                              Keep up the good work."

Comment

Working...