Staff Communication Options Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff Communication Options Feedback

In reference to today's post by Sceadu, I have a few suggestions that -may- address what seems at face value to be a don't talk to us unless you're dying stance on GM communication going forward.

1. First and foremost, the last few months you guys have been on point! New content, quick response times, the culling, etc. etc. You're great. This isn't a rant.

2. I (we) as a player-base, for the most part, understand the staff is volunteer and can't expect you to jump at our every beg and call. However, I think the best way to increase player loyalty/trust is as much transparency as possible. What are you guys working on? We're aware of X and are looking into it. What can we expect in the next few months? What's gonna be delayed? Simple transparencies like that make me (us) feel like yes your time is being used in a way that us ringing the bell is impeding you so badly that it needs to be mentioned. Even if it's as simple as we're gonna try to get X, Y, Z done by June. We scrapped Q to work on B cause the players didn't want Q as much. Don't ask us about herbalism.

3. Again, you're a volunteer staff, but we like talking to you. We can't force you but maybe have impromptu desk hours more often where "GM so and so is on duty" on the who list. Even if it's just for 15, 30, 60 minutes to answer some general questions someone might have. People can pop into the WA and chit-chat. I for one would rather snag you for five minutes to ask if I can have a retalq hooded magical lightsaber as a custom item than waiting 2-3 weeks for you to respond to an @request with a simple no. Or I can think of several specific times where Tale's popped into the WA to ask for ideas for outdoorsy stuff cause he's running on fumes. Again, makes us feel like we're including in this world of yours.

4. This would probably open the flood gates...but maybe open up the @msg system to pm individual GM's IF you're working on something with them temporarily. I.e. If you're an org lead and need a direct dialog with that @org's GM rep. You're part of a storyarc and want to sync up directly with that GM/SG for time conflicts. This could be at the discretion of the GM as a toggle.

5. Something along the lines of a BRP again. It kind of crashed and burned at the end last time, but it was nice having a voice for the plebs that could communicate and work things out with the GM's in ways that we can't do normally.

6. Actually reward us somehow for meaningful @reports/@suggests. I'm not saying go Oprah style and gives 5rp's for a report every time but if I write a slew of descriptions that you end up using or point out that you can unjam any door in the game open. circa 2003 reward that person somehow even if it's a minor reward. It's a vested time on our part that could in turn save you valuable time working/creating other things.

I don't want to speak for the rest of the playerbase but this is my thought process when I have a question for a GM.

Quick question that I think you can answer on the spot but isn't important: Ring bell
    Quick question that I think you can answer quickly but IS important: Proclaim Emergency
    Question about if I can request X item/makeover: Ring bell
    Feedback that I think would be cool for the gameworld: @request Suggestion
    Glaringly broken mechanic or bug from new content: @report
    Typo's: @report Typo
    New content: @request Suggestion
    Want to chit-chat with a gm cause I'm bored: Talk to the ceiling in the WA.

4. This would probably open the flood gates...but maybe open up the @msg system to pm individual GM's IF you're working on something with them temporarily. I.e. If you're an org lead and need a direct dialog with that @org's GM rep. You're part of a storyarc and want to sync up directly with that GM/SG for time conflicts. This could be at the discretion of the GM as a toggle.

I don't even have a GM@org anymore, Bact was ours, i think its free for all for gms who answer stuff. We had a SG who was running some good events then disappeared, we sent the @feedback sugguest to the gms but it kinda went away as well. I get there is only x amount of gms going around and only so much time. I just do my own stuff at this point and keep on rocking the free world
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Just a quick question

On who is says:

GameMasters on Duty
      Tale

What does that mean with the clarification from Sceadu we just got? Tale is hanging out and can chit chat? He is around for bug fixes to his new content?

Last time I saw this was years ago...
      Originally posted by Dyro
      Good RP is consistency.
      Originally posted by Cloudy
      Shiloboy wins.
      Fatality.
      Keep up the good work.

Comment

Generally, if a GM is on duty, they'll be at the GM desk or the main room in the Welcome Area for real-time questions, concerns, feedback, etc.

If you can't find them in the WA at all, then it's just an indicator that they are not currently occupied and should be able to answer any forms of accepted communications immediately if it's something in their purview.
        Game Master Tale
        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Working...
        X