@vote Popup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @vote Popup

In looking at the Top Mud Sites page I was wondering why CM seems to jump ahead of us even though they have way less players than we do. That fact gave me an idea but I want to run it by you guys since I know how we all hate popups. I can easily make it where when you log into one of the clients that support it, it will throw a popup to the TMS vote page to remind us (yes us, I forget to vote too) to vote. I could also easily make it where it wouldn't pop up unless it was time for you to vote again which would mean it wouldn't pop up EVERY time you log in (if you log in frequently per day). Would you be in favor of this idea?

I will also be polling on our FB page since not everyone reads these forums. I will add up the results and go with the majority.
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    25.00%
    I don't vote
    0%
    Game Master Sceadu

If you folks made double role points permanent, I'm fine with pop-ups.
    Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

I'd be okay with this if it is a configurable option that is off by default. (You could also add reminder emotes to the WA suggesting that people turn it on if they don't have it on.)

I worry about adding forced pop-ups, particularly for new players, who may find them distasteful.
      [Success: 95, Roll: 5] Pharse swings a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at you with the blades of his weapon, but misses. You use the broad head of your short whip to knock aside the attack with a brute-force swat.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisa View Post
        I'd be okay with this if it is a configurable option that is off by default. (You could also add reminder emotes to the WA suggesting that people turn it on if they don't have it on.)

I worry about adding forced pop-ups, particularly for new players, who may find them distasteful.
        I agree with this entire statement. For those of us who would like to have this reminder it is a boon. Allow the community to opt into this feature as they see fit.
        Originally posted by Dyro
        Good RP is consistency.
        Originally posted by Cloudy
        Shiloboy wins.
        Fatality.
        Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Catuluscaesar View Post
          If you folks made double role points permanent, I'm fine with pop-ups.
          Maybe not to say it in that way, but the double role point thing was a major boon.

It seems on the topic of voting/getting new players (and retaining those new players). I've introduced some pretty hardcore MUD buddies to this game that I've known for 20+ years, and they are instantly turned off by the fact that I pay $30 a month to 'keep up with the joneses'. The basic payment is a lot more in line with a MMO sub, and perfect for those of us who do not partake in the other Skotos game services. I dare say marginally less P2W as well?

If the RP gain rate was permanently increased, I can see the subscriber and player count gradually going up. Much like we had the TEC renaissance when F2P was introduced.

I don't mind a pop-up to vote, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryzen View Post

..... I pay $30 a month to 'keep up with the joneses'. The basic payment is a lot more in line with a MMO sub, and perfect for those of us who do not partake in the other Skotos game services. I dare say marginally less P2W as well?

If the RP gain rate was permanently increased, I can see the subscriber and player count gradually going up....
            That is an interesting perspective.

Everyone is different. I pay $30 because I find value in the fun I have had playing the game. Being able to @request and have the response in a timely fashion is worth it to me. Now do I wish the value was a bit better? Sure. I would love to see a cumulative GSP reward for consecutive months with a premium account along with that base number going up. Start that base at 5 GSP a month and bump it every consecutive month by 5 GSP up to a max of 25 GSPs? I would love to see the same sort of cumulative Story Point increase for consecutive months as a premium member. First month is 50. Second month is 60, 3rd, 70, 4th, 80, 5th 90, Max out 6 months in a row at 100 Story Points. Want to encourage more Premium accounts? Increase the perceived and actual value. Right now I perceive the value as worth it, so I do not mind the $30. But comparatively in the market out there, our TEC Premium rewards are not on par with other products. I have suggested a few items to help with that!

If I did not have the disposable income you can always rock the F2P first slot option as well

Lastly, who are these Joneses and what are we trying to keep up with?

Good RP is consistency.
            Shiloboy wins.
            Fatality.
            Keep up the good work.

Comment

Comparative value wise, the premium package for playing only TEC, which I do, is awful. I pay because I when I'm around I like the product and want to support people who've been part of this community for two decades. No chance I'd be paying for it if I was a new player. 30USD for a text game is bonkers.

Comment

Disposable income or not, you don't maintain disposable income by blindly throwing your money at something that doesn't hold value to you beyond the basic account level because you're not utilizing the other services... I'm speaking from my experience on new player retention.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryzen View Post
                  Disposable income or not, you don't maintain disposable income by blindly throwing your money at something that doesn't hold value to you beyond the basic account level because you're not utilizing the other services... I'm speaking from my experience on new player retention.
                  Originally posted by Anatalya View Post
                  Comparative value wise, the premium package for playing only TEC, which I do, is awful. I pay because I when I'm around I like the product and want to support people who've been part of this community for two decades. No chance I'd be paying for it if I was a new player. 30USD for a text game is bonkers.
                  Well we have two different subjects here. I will assert that most trial accounts turn into free to play to start. It takes time to learn the game, let RP grow, make friends, and engagement to increase. Hopefully over time a new player continues to play either casually or on a more daily log in because they find it fun when they do (for a multitude of reasons). What we can do to help retain more players is to show them how to RP (by example and how to use the emote system), encourage them to do so, and explain the game world as often as possible.

On the topic of account levels I wish the Premium system had a fresh update because there are ways to make the TEC value worth it. $30USD is what some people pay just in coffee a week or a nice lunch. For someone else that is meal planning for an entire week. Money is always subjective. I took some time to compare Skotos premium versus some of the other market brands and our premium in undervalued, outdated, and needs some love. A cursory search of other text based games show our premium is in line cost wise, but no where near the same value that you get from other subscriptions models.

That being said I just grabbed another 3 months of premium. The level of staff activity on projects, events, and world storyarcs happening were a big part of that decision. Along with these monthly promotions.

(Sorry for the tangent on your post Sceadu)
                  Good RP is consistency.
                  Shiloboy wins.
                  Fatality.
                  Keep up the good work.

Comment

I realize we've gone a bit off the rails here, but since it's being discussed...

One thing I think could be improved is to put a more predominant focus on the website that FREE accounts are available. We do say this now, but there is some mixed messaging going on to new players who aren't already familiar with how this works. Its confusing.

For example, the language surrounding a one-month "free trial" makes it sound like you are going to be forced to pay after that. Also, once that trial month does expire and you're on a free account, particularly with the account sign-in pages, it makes it appear to the user that they must pay to continue playing. It redirects free accounts to a page that asks for payment details, and that page has no back buttons or play links - only an option to enter payment details. You are taken to this "enter your payment details" page every time you log in... We should redirect them to a PLAY page and be more user friendly to folks with free accounts. Trying to force that stuff on them with payment pages is just going to make a bad impression on new players who do not yet see that this game has $30 / month value. They'll pay it when they're ready.
                    [Success: 95, Roll: 5] Pharse swings a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at you with the blades of his weapon, but misses. You use the broad head of your short whip to knock aside the attack with a brute-force swat.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisa View Post
                      ... We should redirect them to a PLAY page and be more user friendly to folks with free accounts. Trying to force that stuff on them with payment pages is just going to make a bad impression on new players who do not yet see that this game has $30 / month value. They'll pay it when they're ready.
                      Highly agree! I had one new player leave over this exact issue. They thought they had to pay to continue playing.

Good RP is consistency.
                      Shiloboy wins.
                      Fatality.
                      Keep up the good work.

Comment

Although the majority is for this, there are some that just don't want it. Taking that into mind I've come to a compromise.

You can now type @TOGGLE-VOTE from the Welcome Area to toggle on/off automatic voting reminders when you log in.
                        Game Master Sceadu

Comment

Can you set a reminder for me to vote on this poll? Kidding, love the idea, @toggle-vote is the perfect solution

Comment

Working...
                          X