No announcement yet.

Patrician Class!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patricians are a waste of hard drive space, always have been, and always will be. I've said this since day 1 of them being introduced into the gameworld.
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
    Steven Hawkings

Comment

I rather enjoyed playing one. I always felt patrician were good patrons of characters with non-com skil ls (tailoring was successfully launched because of patrician patronage) and a way to disseminate money to younger characters, back when that was a problem.
      Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

Originally posted by isgrimnur View Post
        Patricians are a waste of hard drive space, always have been, and always will be. I've said this since day 1 of them being introduced into the gameworld.
        Since I've been back I've seen one patrician throw a party that resulted in some decent RP and story telling. Not sure how anyone could consider this a waste. I understand that any character can throw this type of an event, but having a patrician budget sure makes it a hell of a lot easier.

If a Patrician gives even ONE character a job or RP opportunity, then it's worth it.
        Last edited by Sirrius; 09-13-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by isgrimnur View Post
          "Only a Sith deals in absolutes." - Kenobi
          14 years after creation, my patrician has a rich backstory, has 10 people on his payroll, regularly does business in both Iridine and Blackvine, has multiple RP plots running, is planning several events with prizes, and always gives generously. By Sirrius's standards, I would consider this a smashing example of the patriciate.

Also, does anyone still use hard drives? Isn't everything on the cloud now?
          Melina sweetly quips to you, "Death is just way too much sleep."

Comment

Originally posted by Dark997895 View Post

Also, does anyone still use hard drives? Isn't everything on the cloud now?

A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
            A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Dark does well, missing the steward who was running games for a while
              "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

This is a Slave Island advertising:

You want to leave the mainland and never come back?
                You want to meet the wild? Explore?
                You want to explore where all began?
                Outstanding opportunities!

COME! WE NEED YOU!

Sponsored by the Governor Tyanensis

Vinian whispers to you, "[ brb just had a naked guy fall into my backyard....WTF!! ]"

Je suis Charlie

Comment

Not all patties were bad, but it would be cool to see them introduced again in some capacity. There were quite a few who actually interacted with the game world in a fashion outside of funneling money to their friends.

Comment

Working...
                  X