Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ariden View Post
    Is oha throw any good?
    It has good damage and speed, but requires very specific conditions in terms of area size and even where you're standing in a particular square to be able to use it regularly.
    A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
    A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
    A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Tender View Post

When you throw something you have the chance of damaging it to the point of destruction. Although, now that you mention it, I'm unsure if weapons are damaged if you know the throw skill associated with them. Again, I challenge you to learn OHA throw and report your findings!
      Bone axes ftw.
      A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
      A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Thanks for the response. I think when the next half off skill slot promotion happens Iíll try it out. I think it could be fun.

Comment

I don't know any OHA that knows it. Not even my OHA knows Axe throw. So, I challenge you to learn Axe throw and report your findings and how much money it costs to repair/replace all of your axes.
          I second this. Lauren hasn't bothered at all. It isn't often that you would go 'O ya, instead of attacking with the weapon over and over, I want to throw it one time.' I am sure he'll learn throw in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Vakrend View Post
            I definitely agree with the axe charge. Right now brawling has one of the only approaching moves that I like, body slam, out of nearly every weapon. Spear charge looks pretty good too though admittedly, but I think there needs to be more easy, lunging attacks that can do something like knock an opponent down or knock a weapon/shield aside in the process. This would make a bit more balance between all of the parting moves ranged weapons get, and make it have an element of danger behind doing it.

Other than that, I'd really like gleaning to work off of non-combat skills because it would do more to encourage players to hang out together. I've seen it proc off of combat, but never non-com skills and I think that should change.

Finally, I want to see more illegal items in the game that have a benefit like tears do, but not necessarily an exact one. Some sort of benefit that would be desirable by the player base, but also dangerous in some capacity to obtain/distribute. I'd really like to see a reason for an illegal economy to thrive.
            I am a fan of both the non combat gleaning, and the illegal items market. Lauren found a book in the library about rock valley, and it was making him think about selling those tears for coin. There is just no architecture there. Though that said, to a certain degree our characters can do pretty much what they want. Could find illegal things and start selling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariden View Post
              You have to repair axes? If itís legit I want to learn it. Iím thinking of a secondary weapon. I like OHA for shield breaking and if throw is good a nice ranged attack.
              Lauren loves his axes. Myself, I think the skill is a tad under powered compared to others. Though it is balanced by not needing to learn a high axe skill like swords nelsor...

In short, it is a GREAT second weapon. Especially for a brawler. Shield break is a wonderful move (because its damage scales), but truly shield is just a hook machine. When Lauren hooks an opponent with a knife, they rarely get another attack.

Comment

I approve of hooks. Been trying for years to get someone in the tm good with it. Lucky now
                "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

I don't know any OHA that knows it. Not even my OHA knows Axe throw. So, I challenge you to learn Axe throw and report your findings and how much money it costs to repair/replace all of your axes.
                  You guys are funny btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonus View Post

You guys are funny btw.
                    Does that mean throw is good? Lauren hasn't learned it yet. He likes being right there too much. It hasn't even crossed his mind.

I am not worried about costs though. Tin axes are cheap and light.

Comment

Originally posted by Launrentinus View Post

Does that mean throw is good? Lauren hasn't learned it yet. He likes being right there too much. It hasn't even crossed his mind.

I am not worried about costs though. Tin axes are cheap and light.
                      I wouldn't say it's "good". It's fun to do occasionally, but is very particular. As mentioned earlier, it can't really be used reliably at close range because it requires very specific conditions to be able to throw. Long range is not bad, but then you're nowhere near your axe. In terms of cheap + damage, bone is best (last I checked). Get them for free in the Steps Gardens.

The chuckle was more from...

I don't know any OHA that knows it. Not even my OHA knows Axe throw.
                      You may be shocked to learn there are some pretty skilled One-Handed Axers out there.

Comment

It does okay damage, more of a novelty than anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X