Unused buildings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused buildings

Random question former used buildings unused for years is it possible to buy
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

No 3456789

Comment

I wish they would. I mean, if you already did that work to code it, and the characters left the gameworld or their bank accounts ran out and they can't pay upkeep, surely it's better to have the stuff being used by current players, right?
      Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

There is an inn in vet that was used in an event nothing in it but underground tunnel

Comment

100% absolutely no, as told over and over again to multiple players over the years.
          The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
          Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

For what reason, though?

Comment

Originally posted by Catuluscaesar View Post
              For what reason, though?
              Probably because it's a slippery slope that would turn into nothing but a huge pain in the ass in the long run.

Comment

So logically only a new building?

Comment

You can purchase a domus for Story Points or from another player.

Comment

We as an org wanted to make an investment into vetullan as itís a in between area, hence the unused building question. Iíll shoot in an @ request after I do a real write up

Comment

Originally posted by Lantraste View Post

Probably because it's a slippery slope that would turn into nothing but a huge pain in the ass in the long run.
                      How? I'm not sure how this would be a problem. After all:

a) It would bleed money out of the gameworld in terms of purchase cost and continuing property fees
                      b) It would use pre-programmed extant assets
                      c) It would engage existing and living players, rather than players from two decades ago.

Mind you, I'm talking about Domii and buildings that were owned by players who were deleted, don't have the money for the upkeep, etc. Not GM-used assets.

Comment

Mind you, I'm talking about Domii and buildings that were owned by players who were deleted, don't have the money for the upkeep, etc. Not GM-used assets.
                        How do you delete a player? I've been trying to find a way for years! League of Legends is such a toxic community...

On an actual note, I can 100% echo that new properties and holdings are not available at this time, unless purchased from another player or by purchasing a Sandbar domus with Storypoints. It has made starting up a business in Blackvine near impossible, but not so impossible that it's actually impossible.

I never had much OOC contact with too many people when I played TEC in my heyday (2000-2012) so here's what I think: if you still keep in touch with your buddy who used to play, reach out to them. Tell them it's a great time to jump back in, make a newbie, observe, whatever. If they did not delete their character from long ago, try to convince them to log in for long enough to sell you a building, then log off forever? Then at least the buildings get back into circulation instead of being dead forever.

There are several patricians I would love to catch up with, or at least find out if I will ever catch up with them or not. If they're deleted, okay. If they're not, consider returning for a moment?
                        Melina sweetly quips to you, "Death is just way too much sleep."

Comment

How? I'm not sure how this would be a problem. After all:

a) It would bleed money out of the gameworld in terms of purchase cost and continuing property fees
                          b) It would use pre-programmed extant assets
                          c) It would engage existing and living players, rather than players from two decades ago.

a) Adding/changing ____ to bleed money has yet to work and ended up just giving perks to older characters that newer characters will never hope to get. If there's a variable for the sum of all accounts in all banks I'd love to see how it trends. Frankly, as long as patricians exist and have the income levels they and their friends enjoy then using bleeding money as an excuse for action is almost laughable.

b) Most "property" in TEC was never meant to be bought and sold. For example, my character ran into a problem with changing locks inside the Legio fort a few years ago. The fort was never meant to be sold (although Kered would love to buy it) so it wasn't coded in a way where I could grant permission to work on doors. It took a GM close to an hour of switching and checking to iron out all of the issues. Imagine this on a large scale. I'm one of a small few players who have bought and sold property not associated with the Sandbar. It's always been buggy. Either the doors don't work, the titles don't change hands, or it's just flat broke. Even the Sandbar properties required some work to allow the owner to pick the doors.

c)The bigger issue is the clamor for "well you sold him this so why can't I buy that" which I'm sure would arise the moment this started. This is how a slippery slope works. A good 10-15 people would go into meltdown over this.

The topic of this thread was about a building that I too have inquired about in the past and was given a firm no with IC explanations that made good sense. It would not fall into whatever point you're trying to make.

Comment

Thanks for the response, Lan. Good info there.

Comment

What about selling domus or other property that players have been evicted from (and therefore no longer own), or domus that were up for auction that didn't get sold, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure some of the domus in Blackvine never got bought. Those could be put back up for sale.
                              Don't tread on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X