@chopping-block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstyrZeno View Post
    I'm still failing to see why we can't accept that this is a Role-Playing Game that mimics life - to some degree - and, if you @chop, well, your character could die of something banal for no reason whatsoever; no fanfare, no big send-off. It's real. Wow, is it ever real.

Leave the GMs alone in this regard.
    This isnt a text based SIMS... If i wanted to mimic life I would play the SIMS... No I want to roleplay in Ancient Roman'esque society, and as a customer I dont want my time spent in this game to come to a random and boring end. I mean maybe that's how you might want to play, but I don't and neither should I be forced too.
    Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

What if when you @chopped, it gave you a short menu saying something like:

How is your hero likely to perish?
      [1.] In battle/in defense of the nation/getting in over their head.
      [2.] A symptom of old age.
      [3.] Unexpectedly.
      [4.] In mysterious ways.
      [5.] No preference.

I know this puts more onus on GMs from a coding and implementation standpoint, but it might be something worth looking at. One size rarely fits all.

Comment

Originally posted by Felisin View Post

This isnt a text based SIMS... If i wanted to mimic life I would play the SIMS... No I want to roleplay in Ancient Roman'esque society, and as a customer I dont want my time spent in this game to come to a random and boring end. I mean maybe that's how you might want to play, but I don't and neither should I be forced too.
        If you don't want to be killed, don't @chop.

Easy solution.

Comment

Working...
        X