Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

Accounts and Multi-Logging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accounts and Multi-Logging

http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...90#post1400090

Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
    You may have as many paid accounts as you'd like, however, only one account at a time should ever be logged into the game at once. We do understand that we do have multiple players in some households and try to make concessions to handle this. If there are multiple players in one household an email to tec-support@skotos.net explaining the situation should be sent so we may look into it to make sure things are legit. We're not so stupid as to think some people don't lie to us, and may get away with it for a while, but if those people are ever caught, ALL accounts from that household will be closed.

As for freebie accounts, only one per household is allowed. There are very few exceptions to this rule, and if you feel you may meet an exception, it needs to be pre-approved by myself through an email to tec-support@skotos.net. Before you ask though, one player wanting to play multiple accounts isn't an exception.
    It is my understanding that there are several players currently playing on several accounts at the same time and while it was being discussed on the discord channel, some people claimed that this rule was no longer in effect. Could a GM please elaborate as to whether we can now play on multiple characters at the same time or not?

Please let us know if it is acceptable behavior or not. Thank you.

GM sentiment has been rather conflictive in nature on this issue as seen below different responses to the same issue.

My own inquiries resulted in this response from Pranzor.
    Comments regarding resolution: Players are allowed to login with two accounts at once but must have those accounts not interact with each other. Also, Sceadu has said that he's never had a rule that a person cannot have a character in both a criminal and lawkeeping organization. We do monitor this closely to ensure that lines are not crossed and have issued warnings of such in the past. ---

Then when asked directly:

When: 10:07 pm, Tuesday, January 15, 2019
    Subject: Resolution for Discipline Bug # 1817,
    filed on 3:52 pm Wednesday, December 19, 2018 ---
    > Greetings and salutations!
    > > I am interested in finding out if the below rules have changed,
    > and if so, what is the new version of them?
    > > Only one free account is allowed per household. You may own as
    > many paid accounts as you wish, but only one account at a time
    > (per person) may be logged in at any time. We understand that some
    > households have multiple family members who play, but ONE player
    > should never have more than one account logged in at once. In the
    > case of multiple family members playing from the same household,
    > any information passed between characters on the other accounts
    > MUST be passed via IG means. The sharing of items between
    > characters on accounts held by people in the same household should
    > be kept to a minimum. If any abuses of these rules are found, the
    > household itself may be limited to one account, period.
    > > Thank you for your time.
    > > P.S. This is filed under player abuse because if these rules
    > stand, I will follow up with an actual player abuse report
    > regarding these rules.
    > > Thank you again.
    > > Location: The Welcome Room ($welcome_room)
    This bug report has been resolved.

Comments regarding resolution: These are the current guidelines, yes.

---------------------------------------------------

So someone has their wires crossed, and I think I would rather listen to the Big boss in this case.
    However it is not being enforced, and should be looked into if this is the case.
    This was brought forth due to several people abusing what has been known to be a big no no.
    Amatoria crams a fist full of biscuits in her mouth.
    You pick out a biscuit from some biscuits.
    You consume the last of a biscuit.
    Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
    Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Comment

my opinion... Pranzor doesn't overrule Sceadu, who is the head of the game. So... Sceadu said no, no is the rule.

Comment

This was inquired due to several such instances being made aware. But those are still found ingame, at the same time, even after having been warned. Apparently they are being told a different story as well.

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Comment

Are you two just out attack the current staff with all their failings? Because that's what it feels like.

Comment

No, I think the question came up in discord and he thought to put a question to it and I answered with the information I had on the matter. How is that an attack?

Comment

Well, first the chopping block post and now this. It seems to me you two are butthurt because you are not GMs anymore.

Comment

^

Comment

Both of my forum threads have been the direct results of conversations held with other players out in public channels and none of which HML even participated in. If you feel like there's some kind of conspiracy here, look elsewhere. I've been spending a lot of time working on the wiki and hanging out with other players and some of our discussions left me wanting to know more. In this particular instance there were several players claiming that it was now alright to play on multiple accounts at once and I checked through the forums if there had been a rule change to which I had found none. That's why the forum thread has been created.

I didn't attack any members of the staff and am only looking for clarification. If you feel there's something else going on here, then that's on you. I have no ill feelings towards any members of the staff, so please don't start spouting nonsensical conspiracies.

Comment

Confirming that what he says is accurate. This question came up in Discord, and I hadn't seen anything about it officially.
                    Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

Since this came up in Discord I wanted to share my perspective on this topic.

In the year I have returned it seems a few rules have been adjusted, relaxed, updated, and gone through stages of evolution from when I left a few years back.

On this topic I have watched as staff members have shown to be in the WA by speaking or emoting on different occasions where people are obviously multi boxed or logged into two different accounts at the same time. When I asked around in the community I was told that this was an acceptable practice for people as long as they did not have the characters interact AT ALL.

I didn't even think to ask at the time because I don't have the desire or time to setup another client with more characters. I barely manage balancing the 5 I have right now.

Personally if people want to play several accounts I don't mind but I am overly cautious of TEC turning into some of these other MUD's where the WHO/Population numbers are inflated due to multi-logged folks doing mundane/boring tasks.
                      TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
                      "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
                      "Shiloboy wins.
                      Fatality.
                      Keep up the good work."

Comment

How would one person even play two characters simultaneously?

Comment

the same person playing multiple accounts at a time was never the intention of letting multiple accounts at the same ip play at the same time, that was for families to play together, not for you to have multiple personality disorder.

And I thought someone was banned, why are they even still posting here, trying to stir things up.

Comment

It's called Dissociative Identity Disorder these days.

Comment

sure, whatever the new term is. I'm old and not a psychologist so don't keep up on the latest in mental health.

Comment

Working...
                              X