Character Generator Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

Its a game changer but I donít think our opinions are going to change anything so Iím just bailing.

Comment

Originally posted by Syden View Post
      Yes.

Its a game changer but I donít think our opinions are going to change anything so Iím just bailing.

Bailing? Are you really?

Comment

Originally posted by Catuluscaesar
        A huge benefit is being able to take one more trait, which you then have to balance out with a negative one? Hyperbole much?
        you get steady hands/nimble feet and blade mastery for free as a cineran. you're only paying for 2/4 traits. cineran is stupid OP.

I just rolled my VC10 a month ago with no warning that the char generator would change soon. I wanted him to be Windward (not a pure combat guy). He got NV and metal affinity for free and paid for steady heads w/ a negative trait. If i had known everything was going to change i could've waited a month and added ad rush/athletic/nimble feet for one more negative trait. I went from loving my new character to having buyers remorse. All because i made him a month too soon. #sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Tale
          Note 1: None of these changes are or will ever be made retroactive in any way. These changes represent the new standard moving forward. These balances have been discussed and reviewed by the staff and we've agreed that this is a very large step in the right direction to correct some imbalances and keep things more fair and balanced for the future.
          How does giving new characters an extra positive trait that older players can't get an imbalance correction?

Comment

I will agree that traits are hugely important compared to really anything else. They're a 1 and done type thing that your character lives with forever. You can not buy them. You can not delete them. Having the ability to have an extra positive trait is huge.

Tale and I spoke in the WA earlier for awhile about this change. He brought up clarification for me and I'm content with the change. While I still do feel slighted though, and he understands it, I'm still confused as to why we can't have some sort of shiny toy to play with. I'm not asking for the the whole cake, I just want a slice of it. Some sort of compensation I still think is deserving for those who play mains as old as some of ours. Drags, Drez, Pasquali, Karagoth - Those characters are ancient, and all of these changes keep effecting them negatively. I was lucky enough to have rolled Koppe 10 years ago and picked the correct traits, otherwise I would have deleted and re-rolled a long time ago. If I didn't have 25k RP's invested in to Koppe, I would re-roll right now, specifically because of this change. I can't justify un-maining Koppe with all the time investment, ranks, skillsets, and RP's I've spent on him for an additional trait. The idea of tossing him on the block now though has crossed my mind, when it never did before. That's saying something, as far as the importance of another trait. I probably won't, because I enjoy playing him to much, but it doesn't mean I, or any of the old time characters aren't deserving of some sort of compensation.

Give us all a nuetral trait or something. Anything to soothe the sting a little.

Comment

200k sp
              55k rps
              20k hours
              22k Ranks
              Story point purchases? I just looked at them and Im ashamed at how much RL money I have wasted on this game.

My character was not rolled in the old chargen when you could get a max stats like others.

I'm sorry if I'm frustrated. I'm sorry for voicing up for the people that won't. I'm sorry for playing the game and being upset when a game breaking change is made.

I'm not upset with the changes to character generated stats, I'm upset over the trait change.

Comment

It's a good change, mostly, going forward, hell, traits are optional, it's a role playing game, not a pvp first person shooter, you don't HAVE to play Kratos (god of war)every single time you roll a character, you can play Recette if you want(recette from recettear a shopkeeper)

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                  It's a good change, mostly, going forward, hell, traits are optional, it's a role playing game, not a pvp first person shooter, you don't HAVE to play Kratos (god of war)every single time you roll a character, you can play Recette if you want(recette from recettear a shopkeeper)

You play how you want to play, I play how I want to play. The point you are trying to make is one that comes up often, but what you are missing is that not everybody shares the same interest in TEC as you. Not to mention you make it sound like having old/high ranked chars doesn't mean we don't engaged in RP... just because we don't interact with you doesn't mean it does not happen. You do you, we will do us.
                  Tale responds from afar, "Decided to give out t-shirts to all the people I murder. Three so far. This way you can all say, "Tale murdered me! .....and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!!""

Comment

1. Problem arises from change 2.People have valid complaints 3. Response is roll a new toon. Every other mmo that does a balance change that I play does it for all toons. We did it when traits first came out. Again personal feeling is elimation of older toons push.
                    Last edited by Kered; 02-08-2019, 03:20 AM. Reason: Before coffee
                    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

my vc10 I rolled a month ago isnt even a combat char. I still want him to have the extra trait and not be dated. hes a flippin month old. I cant even imagine the frustration I would feel with the ranks of syden, ciaran, felisin etc..

Comment

I'm not saying stop playing Kratos, but if you feel the old character can't be Kratos anymore, be Ares instead, the old gold of war before Kratos came along. (or Mars)

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                          I'm not saying stop playing Kratos, but if you feel the old character can't be Kratos anymore, be Ares instead, the old gold of war before Kratos came along. (or Mars)
                          Spend 44000 rps on stats and god only knows how many hours gaining thousands of combat ranks to log in one day and find that your awesome combat character is now at a disadvantage of up to 30 points because staff made a change, then we'll see if you agree that -something- should have been done in the first place. It's a tough pill to swallow.

I understand that this is an RPG and that I'm a piece of garbage for just caring about the combat system, but even what's thought to me a "minor" change at face value could have far-reaching implications. I thought that the least they could do is offer us an opportunity to start over with a nice VC and spare us the mockery that the chopping block sometimes is, especially when level 10's are being handed out at parchment drop events for free. It's looking more and more like staff would rather combat-oriented folks just not play their game though. Currently working on a character that was rolled before trait changes is almost pointless when you realize just how damn impossible it is to overcome even a 15 point stat bonus in the end game.

Comment

Stacking Cineran traits is now so OP that everyone should roll one before theyíre nerfed.

Comment

Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
                              Stacking Cineran traits is now so OP that everyone should roll one before theyíre nerfed.
                              Let's not get too carried away here. I've yet to see anyone provide any concrete evidence of what weapons are affected by Blade Mastery or how big the impact actually is on the weapons that are affected by it. A lengthy search in the forums shows that 15 years ago people thought it was providing a worthwhile bonus, but in the last 8-10 years people have been wondering if it even has a real impact. The same has been said time and time again with Finesse as a trait. Everyone seems to have a differing opinion when it comes to these two traits. I know some people could care less about Blade Mastery and just want another trait instead, too.

I feel like the change made is a good change. Some people aren't happy about it and that's normal. To those who have been vocal about this change and wish to have another trait, which trait would you have chosen? And then which negative would you have chosen to compensate the addition of a positive? Should characters of a single nationality get to re-pick their traits or should every single character get to do it? A single, one-time free re-roll your traits or perhaps a RP expenditure where you get to do it only once per character. That could make sense, but then any given time a single change is made to any traits within the game what happens?

What happens when your favorite skill gets changed? What happens if a stat-skill for endurance and strength are added - do you get back your RPs that you spent in those? What about a change to a weapon item? Where does it make sense to refund and where does it not? It can end up being quite complicated and problematic.

---

The way I see it, I feel like every single Nationality should receive a free Nationality bonus just like Cinerans have with Blade Mastery. That would even the playing field when it comes to nationalities and would further help to redefine them. But then, with such changes, would people wish to change their nationalities too?

Comment

From ArchiMagi “you don't HAVE to play Kratos (god of war)every single time you roll a character, you can play Recette if you want(recette from recettear a shopkeeper)”
                                The reason this doesn’t make sense is I want to play as the hero but this change does prevent that. That is the reason I’ve invested so much time and effort into my character. And what I have done pales in comparison to these older characters. This kind of a world needs hero’s and the combat system is built for it. If you want to play a shopkeeper go ahead but don’t force that decision on others.

Just giving the extra trait doesn’t fix all of the problems. Things have been added to the game that makes benign traits much more negatively impacted, like superstitious fears. When traits came out it didn’t affect cadae and healing magic wasn’t a thing.

I think that we should have the opportunity to opt in to this new system kind of like the command to add in traits after creation. If you like where your character is fine stay with it but if you want to join the new system give players that option. However, you can’t have the best of both worlds if you chose to adjust your traits you are now in the new system and lose the advantages of the old one. This allows the balance that the GM’s were trying for without gimping older characters.
                                Additionally, I think you should be able to overcome your negative traits. You can learn 13 languages but you can’t learn to read? Why not have negative traits, which are obstacles, have a pathway to overcome. Like if you improve your speech to 50 then you stop stuttering, or if you see blood enough and keep passing out at a certain point you get over it. This allows characters to grow and develop overtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X