X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEC_Ghuan
    started a topic Character Generator Update

Character Generator Update

Here is the link to the original post: http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...02#post1771202

First of all, major kudos on updating the character generator. Some aspects of it definitely needed to be tweaked. I have a few questions however regarding these changes:

1) Will the list of nationality stats boosts be posted somewhere as the old list was made public?
    2) Will the list of adjectives and their actual effects be posted somewhere?
    3) Will the character generator and the veteran character generator now use the same system?
    4) There is (was?) a stat cap limit of 145 implemented in the regular character generator (not the veteran character generator) before this recent batch of changes. Has this cap been removed or tweaked? Several of us have tested thoroughly and it is simply impossible to get past 145 in the regular chargen without taking the traits into account. Said cap does not exist in the vet chargen.
    5) Are there any plans to add any new traits in the future?

I am only asking because I always thought that the character generator should be more open and allow us more freedom in choosing the stats we want so we have less worry about re-rolling when attempting to create a certain type of character.

Thanks again for the update. Especially the Automatic National Traits. They annoyed the hell out of me.

• ArchMagi
    replied
    not everyone stopped playing just because of those reasons, some people stopped playing just due to being bored.

Leave a comment:

• Ariden
    replied
    Not to be snarky but even if people aren't announcing they are pulling their cards to is evident that a lot of people are no longer playing. Currently there are 22 people online and primetime it has been 40-60 tops. This has been a nosedive in player activity and it currently looks like it is the new normal. It's not just this change that has driven people off but the fact that we as a player-base aren't being listened to. It is very frustrating when this is such a niche game that the GM's aren't taking into consideration player concerns. I am in no way advocating to build the game exactly the way I want, but giving us the opportunity to weigh-in on these big topics isn't that hard to do. Some of the people that do play this game spend a significant amount of time trying to figure things out player-side and would LOVE the opportunity to share their thoughts with the GM's to make this game even better.

Leave a comment:

• Ilkilyn
    replied
    I've also pulled my card as I've completely lost motivation to log in due to this.

Leave a comment:

• TsunamiJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Kered View Post
    I also removed my card and my play time will be reduced to just musters for the Tm , mine isnít because of this trait change per say but how the player base is basically told this is it to bad for any change or issue. I also donít think this is an us vs them. I think conversations should be two sided
    The only voice we have is with our hard earned monies. I'd hope that if enough people pulled their card things might change. I asked Shannon if he had any interest in hearing about the GM interactions that caused me to stop paying and he said they were satisfied with the GMs responses. That sealed it for me.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    I also removed my card and my play time will be reduced to just musters for the Tm , mine isnít because of this trait change per say but how the player base is basically told this is it to bad for any change or issue. I also donít think this is an us vs them. I think conversations should be two sided

Leave a comment:

• Ariden
    replied
    I think a lot of people are L33tSauce as there was quite a big conversation in the discord about people doing just that. You can tell there is something wrong if type "who" it looks like there has been a pretty significant drop-off in numbers online. I don't think it's a coincidence but rather people voting with their feet.

Leave a comment:

• L33tSauce
    replied
    I'm cancelling the paid part of my account. I just think it's crazy the way the player base is addressed, particularly calling several veteran players a vocal minority. I've played this game on and off for +/-20yrs and have just seen so many gm/player interactions that could have been solved in any way more positively than the way they were addressed.

Leave a comment:

• TEC_Ghuan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post

Gotcha, thanks for correcting, could have sworn the wiki said Disciplined mind was a National Bonus too
    Yeah, the Wiki was wrong. The Google Sheets should now have all of the proper information. We updated it just earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Ilkilyn
    replied
    Originally posted by TEC_Ghuan View Post

They only have one (Anonymity). The other is a Free Trait.
    Gotcha, thanks for correcting, could have sworn the wiki said Disciplined mind was a National Bonus too

Leave a comment:

• TEC_Ghuan
    replied
    Quick comment here:

When choosing Safelands, the Aversion to Violence trait may not be working as intended. It takes up a slot and you can only pick up two traits because of it.

Leave a comment:

• Vorico
    replied
    Well, I just learned of this change. I would like to throw my voice into the conversation and agree that this should be fixable my current characters, even if they're forced to pay a RP sum for the opportunity to eat GM time.

I do not think I'm ever going to make another main. I'm not going to @chop ever. Even though I don't care much for PvP, this is still mildly annoying.

I would suggest that we be able to purchase the ability to come up to par in whatever way meats the least consistency breakage.

1. If you can add the positive and a negative to balance to 0, you have to do that.
    2. If you can't add the positive and balance to 0, either allow a 4th negative or allow them to upgrade to higher negatives.

Leave a comment:

• ArchMagi
    replied
    Elowynn please consider giving up, everyone was already told no, end of story.
    The fact that you existed in a time when you could inhuman everything, and probably have outstandings you don't qualify for anymore, gives you an edge new characters don't have.
    How about this whole topic just... dies.

Leave a comment:

• Elowynn
    replied
    Bump.

Tale, please consider making trait re-rolls something purchasable.Also, please consider the input regarding trait balancing, including boosting other nationalities' traits.

Leave a comment:

• VBaehr
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellingson View Post
    Okie few things.
    yes Kaylarie more than qualified for a VC10.
    and yes it is different but I was now playing catch up with characters that was only a day newer than mine, then the stats, yeah I could eventually make that difference up but it would take me far longer to do due to not wanting to drop real cash or spending thousands of hours of logging on to earn the RPs.
    Lastly Jack makes a great point without coming off as a jerk. My other post was pretty jerky and for that part of it I apologize. But I am thinking a wipe, some other temp boost just for older characters, or a whole separate server set up for the players to opt into would be a fair compromise for our players and our GMs
    1) You lost out on a something that would have annoyed me, yes as a player, but still temporary. 2000 gsp compared to 4000 gsp. literal 2 months of training time at bare minimum 250 sp gain a week. 100 credits [so a few less shiny toys]. 40 stats vs 80 stats [expensive but barely game breaking]. You are playing catch up just like everyone else in this game if you want to be top end BEST but barely noticable if you are trying to just be a normal character in this game. 154/154 makes it so you can hunt everything ig with a group. Period. End of story. If you want top end PVP, this new retro trait system makes it unobtainable for retro characters, with players that have spent years and thousands of hours in this game to obtain suddenly go bye bye.

Read Elowynn's summary because it defines how this makes such an impact.

"jerk sounding or not" I don't give a damn if your new character has to spend an extra 2 months being behind the curve, when I've spent literal years of progress that has just been wiped in a single day.

your last point is far too... insane for me to even specify why.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X