Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launrentinus
    replied
    O ya and leave the traits as they are. The frustration lessened by creating a fix is out weighed by the frustration of nothing new because coding time was used elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Launrentinus
    replied
    Fish dont need an attack bonus. They already do unreasonable damage. Everyone will be master baiters if that trait becomes availanle.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    Fishers grace : Bonus to hit people with flying fish, 20 percent chance to miss frogs

Leave a comment:

• Ellingson
    replied
    Yeah I like this direction and could get behind this

Leave a comment:

• Ilkilyn
    replied
    While I think the best option is to a) ensure all players are effected equally by all traits for their maxes and b) allow all players a one time chance to ADD traits only (no removing), I wouldn't be opposed to the above. Some examples:

Nimble Feet - PVP Chance to rise increased from 25% to 35%
    Steady Hands - Chance to Fumble reduce by 50% Chance to be disarmed reduced by 50%. 25% Rank bonus to all healing rolls.
    Ox's Grace - Calculation for Encumbrance limits increased by 20%. Chance to Disarm when attacks are blocked doubled. PVP chance to rise decreased from 25% to 15%
    Iron Will - Chance to be stunned reduced by 25%. Stun time reduced by 25%

Leave a comment:

• Ellingson
    replied
    I am with an all out cap on stats to 200 regardless of traits. I would prefer the traits to act more like a utility option, things like night vision, scanning range and so forth.

Leave a comment:

• Hordini
    replied
    The way I'm looking at it right now, it seems that the most straightforward fixes would be the following (not necessarily in this order):

1. Rollback the maximum stats to 200. Change stat-affecting traits to either only effect your initial roll and not your max, or roll them back so that negative and positive traits both have an effect (so you may have a stat capped at 185 but have another stat that can go to 210).

2. Keep maximum stats at 240 (or wherever it is now). Every character can reach the max using RPs or SPs, regardless of traits. Positive and negative traits both have an effect (so negative trait stats will be capped below the max, and positively traited stats can go slightly above. Say 10 points above for positive traits to keep the bonus significant but not crazy. 10 or 15 points below the max for negative traits.

3. Let all characters re-select their stats based on the new system.

Leave a comment:

• Tweninger
    replied
    Originally posted by Ariden View Post
    If the option ends up being stats canít go over 200 with the fix you are looking to do with traits, you must allow traits reroll. I donít necessarily have s problem with this concept as Ghuan pointed out that the system wasnít designed for 200+ stats.

the problem ends up being anyone serious about combat has picked certain traits like nimble feet and steady hands. This gets them over 200 and if you nerf that then these characters have the negative traits without the positive.

If this change is forced on all characters then do is the favor of calling it a pwipe, because thatís what it is.
    QFT - Pretty much nails it.

Leave a comment:

• Ariden
    replied
    If the option ends up being stats canít go over 200 with the fix you are looking to do with traits, you must allow traits reroll. I donít necessarily have s problem with this concept as Ghuan pointed out that the system wasnít designed for 200+ stats.

the problem ends up being anyone serious about combat has picked certain traits like nimble feet and steady hands. This gets them over 200 and if you nerf that then these characters have the negative traits without the positive.

If this change is forced on all characters then do is the favor of calling it a pwipe, because thatís what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Ilkilyn
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
    what I mean is, all those characters who had their combat stats (at least) at 200 points before any of the changes to stats and traits, got to keep those stats at 200 points, after the traits and stats changes... but also got to put more rolepoints into their stats to get higher than 200 points if they had a trait that increased said stat. While losing nothing if they had a trait that lowered a different stat.
    Does that make it make sense for you? Nobody LOST anything when the traits were changed, meaning anyone with a negative trait to a stat didn't suffer for it, if it was already capped at the old max of 200. It was stated so by a member of staff, so is not my opinion, but a statement by the gms, that that is the case. When I learned that, I stopped caring about what those people thought of the change, and so should you.

*edit: you are free to keep caring about the other reasons for the change that bother you though. This only applies to those characters that want to "cheat more"*
    Yes I see what you're saying now, I didn't realize this was the case (hence my obvious confusion) and redact my criticism if true. Was this stated by staff in the forums or via bug report reply? I agree entirely this shouldn't be the case and that the new stat maxes should be everyone's maxes regardless of where you were. So if you had 200 dex and chose ox's grace your max should be 185, just like Gydon's was. Without this, people are getting positives from traits but not the negatives, and that is HUGE.

Leave a comment:

• Ariden
    replied
    If that is what you are the most concerned about , older player 'cheating harder', fine there is an easy fix. Force every player into the new traits system. Let everyone re-pick their traits, because too much has changed over the years and traits that were good before have gotten way worse, and be done with it. Oh, and if are thinking that because I've been so outspoken about how horrible this system is that I'm one of those 'cheat harder' types. My character is just over one year old and 3400 TCR. I'm too far along with him to start over. I can however see how this change could drive older players out of the game and that is one of the reasons why our players online have been reduced massively.

Leave a comment:

• ArchMagi
    replied
    what I mean is, all those characters who had their combat stats (at least) at 200 points before any of the changes to stats and traits, got to keep those stats at 200 points, after the traits and stats changes... but also got to put more rolepoints into their stats to get higher than 200 points if they had a trait that increased said stat. While losing nothing if they had a trait that lowered a different stat.
    Does that make it make sense for you? Nobody LOST anything when the traits were changed, meaning anyone with a negative trait to a stat didn't suffer for it, if it was already capped at the old max of 200. It was stated so by a member of staff, so is not my opinion, but a statement by the gms, that that is the case. When I learned that, I stopped caring about what those people thought of the change, and so should you.

*edit: you are free to keep caring about the other reasons for the change that bother you though. This only applies to those characters that want to "cheat more"*

Leave a comment:

• Ilkilyn
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
    everyone with those traits CAN reach those new maximums... and keep the 200 stats they had that they don't qualify for. Those people are complaining that they can't now get another stat up higher than 200 due to free automatic traits giving an extra trait for certain nations, and also keep the 200 stats that they don't qualify for. Basically, they're whining about not being able to cheat harder.
    I'm confident you don't understand the issue. Actually reading this a few times, I'm pretty sure you're drunk or on drugs as I can't tell what you're saying at all ("and keep the 200 stats they had that they don't qualify for" - what does this even mean?).

To Hordini's question, this is how it used to be before the trait change a couple years ago, and I think everyone was fine with this as you could spend the money to eventually get to the exact maxes everyone else was at, but I believe GM's were trying to push the meta forward so people would need to roll new chars to still be competitive. My character for instance had his strength go up by about 35 points, which was cool. But his dex was capped around 15 or so points lower. This combined with other characters getting +35 or so to dex, meant he was at about a +25 to-hit defecit, which his 50 point strength difference just didn't make up for, even with extra armor. To keep up with the meta, I deleted the character as he was easily defeated by new characters with a fraction of his ranks.

This latest change I don't believe had that goal, but in effect did push the meta again, as most nationalities I believe are affected and now get one extra trait that characters with the exact same choices didn't before which effects -max- stats, not just at-roll stats.
    Here's a breakdown of a character rolled before and rolled after with the -same- choices.

Before -
    Pos Trait 1 - Unpredictability (Forced, Gadaene)
    Pos Trait 2 - Steady Hands
    Pos Trait 3 - Self-Taught
    Neg Trait 1 - Provencal Attitude
    Neg Trait 2 - Illiterate

After -
    National Bonus - Unpredictability (Forced, Gadaene)
    Pos Trait 1 - Nimble feet
    Pos Trait 2 - Steady Hands
    Pos Trait 3 - Self-Taught
    Neg Trait 1 - Provencal Attitude
    Neg Trait 2 - Illiterate
    Neg Trait 3 - Superstitious fears

The new meta means that new characters get an extra positive trait, which in the above case means a +10 or so to dodge always compared to the before character, with the cost of now having superstitious fears (or whatever negative you choose).

What we're complaining about is that we just spent everything to achieve the new meta, just to have that new meta moved on us. So now I have to wait till my new character is 10 years old and I have another 10k rps (for stat increases) to purchase a new char to hit that meta again. Likely meta will move right after I do at this rate...

Leave a comment:

• ArchMagi
    replied
    everyone with those traits CAN reach those new maximums... and keep the 200 stats they had that they don't qualify for. Those people are complaining that they can't now get another stat up higher than 200 due to free automatic traits giving an extra trait for certain nations, and also keep the 200 stats that they don't qualify for. Basically, they're whining about not being able to cheat harder.

Leave a comment:

• Hordini
    replied
    I'm wondering if it would be worth it to change the stat improving traits so that they don't affect the max cap for stats. Either roll back the max cap for stats to 200 or keep it where it is, but make it so everyone has access to the same max cap regardless of traits. Stat traits would basically just be a bonus to your stats when you rolled your character. That would prevent the current issue of characters who were rolled before the changes never having the ability to equal newer characters in terms of stats. It might also be worth it to tone down stats a bit and make ranks a bigger part of the equation. Any thoughts or issues with that approach?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X