Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

You are in a large cave. Ahead of you is a genie lamp. What are your wishes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you can still climb, just not as well as someone who knows how. You can't make a torch... thus, it is a general skill, you just suck at it. Some people have a 95 to mining, some people have a 33 to mining. Why? Who knows. Seriously, no idea.

Comment

• My opinion is that having the climbing skill something that can be generally learned without having to learn a skill set would benefit the gameworld.

If it is a general skill then let's learn it with general skill points.

I've heard someone say that it takes one rank in outdoor climbing to be able to climb anything. That one SP investment in a lore or non-skill-set area could do the same.
      Or, if we prefer, we can have this skill general skill investment not lower the success of the climb but limit the damage taken from failing at a climb.

[Success: 78, Roll: 50] You suck and you fall. You manage to scramble to your feet and keep your balance before falling too badly. You suffer a bruise to your right foot.

Comment

• Or have rolling rise (either) factor into the damage equation to where a "perfect" rise is minimal/no damage

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilippeCP View Post
          My opinion is that having the climbing skill something that can be generally learned without having to learn a skill set would benefit the gameworld.

If it is a general skill then let's learn it with general skill points.

I've heard someone say that it takes one rank in outdoor climbing to be able to climb anything. That one SP investment in a lore or non-skill-set area could do the same.
          Or, if we prefer, we can have this skill general skill investment not lower the success of the climb but limit the damage taken from failing at a climb.

[Success: 78, Roll: 50] You suck and you fall. You manage to scramble to your feet and keep your balance before falling too badly. You suffer a bruise to your right foot.
          'General Skill' means it is a skill within a skillset that is so common that people can use the skill without proper training (usually poorly). This includes things like climbing, finding firewood, building a fire, cooking, bandaging, mining, skinning, fishing, etc. If we turned all the 'general skills' into lores, we'd lose most of the viable skills for all the noncom skillsets. Therefore, we won't be doing that. If you want to be an explorer that climbs hills and various landmarks, etc....become an outdoorsman and train in said skill.
          Game Master Tale
          Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• General skill trout face throwing....
            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

• I would like archer parting shot to be useful. Currently it gets you out of melee range but if you are fighting something with a polearm, I.e staves (which happens to be nearly everyone), you are still within striking range. Even in outdoor rooms where the square is 80X80, stavers can still hit you.

Oz has a good sugggestion where you have close range (melee), far (polearm range), long range (outside of polearm reach).

Comment

• Healing:

Instead of having to write or macro: stitch chest with suture thread

Can we instead get right of the 'with suture thread' since there's nothing else you can stitch with in the gameworld? The same goes for cleaning and antiseptic.

I've recently had incorporated a new piece of gear that messed up all of my macros and it renewed my frustration.

Comment

• well, two things, you can just type with sut...
                  second... tailoring embroidery uses the command stitch... stitch <item>
                  so... if healing is also just stitch <part> might cause issues with two kinds of stitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                    well, two things, you can just type with sut...
                    second... tailoring embroidery uses the command stitch... stitch <item>
                    so... if healing is also just stitch <part> might cause issues with two kinds of stitching.
                    ArchMagi. Honestly.

This is a cave of dreams with a genie. Not a cave of have someone else poop on you. I'm sure you have something better to do with your day.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilippeCP View Post
                      Healing:

Instead of having to write or macro: stitch chest with suture thread

Can we instead get right of the 'with suture thread' since there's nothing else you can stitch with in the gameworld? The same goes for cleaning and antiseptic.

I've recently had incorporated a new piece of gear that messed up all of my macros and it renewed my frustration.
                      Instead we should get outdoors folks to make animal-gut sutures (stitch right hand with gut). Tailors should make those scraps left over into bandages, with embellishments (bandage left foot with fluorescent yellow extravagant silk bandage embroidered with the royal symbol of Felchros)! When we're caught in the field, gored by a particularly vicious boar, we should run to the stream and clean waist with water.

Since you made me post here:
                      All I want is for a GM to find out what their fellow GM called those writing utensils Uzak (?) posted about so long ago and post it on the wall somewhere. I know I'm not the only one who wants to write secret messages.

Comment

• Was overworked in March. Had not seen this post. Have read no other wishes either. Sorry if this is a duplicate 'I highly doubt'

My wish is for an axe charge move.
                        I realized that I do not require an axe charge attack. Assuming an axe charge was left out for balance reasons. Just breaking a guard with a charge would be wonderful. I don't even need to do damage.
                        For the purposes of what I am using it for. Could also be in CMs. Just a fancy approach for breaking a guard.
                        If it is in axes, another method to balance (Assuming it was a concern) would be to make it a 'stepping' move. You could even require 40 ranks in stepping leg strike, 50 ranks.

Course this would affect all of two people who regularly play axers. I fully understand if this requires time that is better used elsewhere.
                        Thanks for reading!

Comment

• Originally posted by Launrentinus View Post
                          Course this would affect all of two people who regularly play axers.
                          You and I?
                          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                          A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonus View Post

You and I?
                            Three, Warmack too.

Comment

• Practice sparring, or turn off crits somehow for sparring with those practice weapons outside of practice mode.

Comment

• Ok here's two things that given the current occupation of half the characters ingame, would be really really useful and greatly appreciated!

#1 A way to hook a lantern onto a wagon, sit it on the wagon and have it stay. So we can pull a wagon in the dark without having to have someone walk with us holding a torch or lighting torches along the road. (Please. No more burnt torches lining the road that no one picks up)

#2 A way to mark wagons so that they're different. Whether by way of taking a jar of paint and slapping some paint on it so they're not all just small weathered wagons. Or a naming ability (though I doubt you'd allow this, considering the names people would choose) like a boat, ya know. A weathered wagon named daisy sits here. Just an idea. Reason for this being of course, when you're pulling a wagon and come across someone else pulling a wagon the other direction it is hard to become untangled.

#3 The ability to pull 2 wagon.

Wagons!
                                Last edited by Knowless; 06-10-2019, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X