Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

You are in a large cave. Ahead of you is a genie lamp. What are your wishes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this will help your wagon troubles, but there are a ton of semi-custom wagons floating around the game. Being able to 'pull towering' cuts down on the likelihood of grabbing the wrong wagon.

You might also try guarding the wagon you're pulling. It'd be a quick indicator of a mistake and would probably keep someone from mistakenly pulling yours away unless the 'pull wagon to destination' code overrides guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantraste View Post
      Not sure if this will help your wagon troubles, but there are a ton of semi-custom wagons floating around the game. Being able to 'pull towering' cuts down on the likelihood of grabbing the wrong wagon.

You might also try guarding the wagon you're pulling. It'd be a quick indicator of a mistake and would probably keep someone from mistakenly pulling yours away unless the 'pull wagon to destination' code overrides guards.
      Yeah, but this is while pulling stuff building the road, there are SO many wagons being pulled too and fro and most are just the generic weathered variety.

The guarding idea is a good one though I'll have to give it a try, even though I don't know how to, I think I can still do it, would at least give warning if someone tries to take it. Hahaha! Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• Another Pankration school and Brawling trainer that offers ranks on par with other skillsets when you travel to trainers outside of the city. Perhaps a suggestion would be another school opening? Up the costs for admission to reflect the ranks available to learn. I'd suggest Monlon as an option. It might be a chance for a little story RP, too? A student from Stel's school who exceeded the master. Something like that, anyway. On that same line of thought, add a Brawling trainer to a grittier part of the gameworld to stay in the same "feel" as when you visit Pug in the Steps. A suggestion here would be Franlius or perhaps Rock Valley. I could easily see the "barbarians" of the Valley using unarmed (and they do when you disarm them, just sayin').

Give some love to "gladiator" weaponry as well. Whips, cestii, tridents. Let them have other training options, too. Perhaps a whip trainer in Franlius with a story about being a former slave master? Or an old pirate in Blackvine who knows a bit more about tridents if you learn how to talk to him. (Kind of like a mix between Dreggo and the Steps Lingo trainer?) For Cestii...I admit to being a tad stumped on a suggestion for that one, but I'm sure someone could think of *something* as a reason for a trainer to appear.

I get that all of the above are kind of...niche? combat choices and I'm sure some of the folks that know mechanics would advise staying away from them, but there are those of us still out here that choose weapons/combat styles not for mechanical reasons alone. A few more options about training would, I feel, allow some diversity in characters, especially in a gameworld that has evolved into characters with thousands, rather than hundreds, of TCR. It handicaps a combat style to have one trainer to only X amount of ranks when another one has a good chunk above that available.

This isn't a bakery. We aren't gonna sugar coat sh*t for you.

Tell a lie often enough and with enough conviction, it will become truth to all who hear, and say, it.

Comment

• Locksmithing jobs in vet, spear trainer in vet to teach acms as well.
          "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

• Couple of really neat ideas from the discord. Don't know who said them originally otherwise I'd give credit to them.

1. When you learn a new skill it would prompt you where in the order you would like it. Currently, if you know 5 skills and you learn another one you spend the 25 gsp and your new skill is the last skill in order. Then you would need to spend the 250 RPs per slot to move it into 1st place. If this is how you are to breathe life into a new character it is kind of an expensive way to do it as you would need to buy the skill slot and then spend (250rpx4)=1000 rps to move it to the top. So the suggestion would be you spend the 25 gsp as before but you are able to chose 1 time to either it be the top of the order or the bottom. This could represent a character picking up a new vocation after their combat days are winding down for instance.

2. Allow for the ability for knives to get back to MOS. As their damage is not in line with other weapons and it should be the fastest weapon in the game but it is only as fast as other weapons. Additionally, for you to get the most benefit for knife speed you need to max you speed at 191 but staves can hit their last speed drop using stat skills. This of course isn't balanced and puts knives in an inferior position. So a suggestion would be one last speed drop above 200 which can be done via traits.

3. There should be a trait that brings each stat above 200 and a corresponding benefit for that. This would go a long way to shaking up the meta build as it would give us players something that we need, options.

Comment

• Bringing the cost of the aralax egg trainer down by an order of ten would make him worthwhile and knock out a good chunk of Kalandra's post. 10 eggs per lesson and 1540 eggs to 'max out' is absurdly high. It takes months and months for a highly skilled character (one beyond the level the guy teaches to most likely) to gather enough eggs to have any use, and even then it's maybe 100 lessons tops. If you guys really wanted to open up the egg trainer to newer characters find a way to work them into rat kills in the pits.

Comment

• "Sizeup <person/creature/object>" that gives you a better sense of what size (how many can fit in a standard large sack) and how much weight it is.
                A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                X