Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are in a large cave. Ahead of you is a genie lamp. What are your wishes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he means a toggle to make death possible outside of staff decision.

Comment

• Yes, because sometimes if you’re on @chop you’ll choke and die on a nut. This was discussed in discord about how there is literally nothing to fear IG. You can’t fall off a mountain and die, drown, etc. So the suggestion is to make the world dangerous again, like it used to.

Comment

• There are plenty of people to fear, and falling off mountains
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorico View Post
          I think he means a toggle to make death possible outside of staff decision.
          You can kill your character at any given time when he is in a coma by using the "end" command, but I don't think that's necessarily what you meant. Using the "end" command doesn't grant you a VC. You just die.

It would be cool if we could let our characters die from a coma and get a VC from it, though. Make it timer based so you can't get one before x amount of time or whatever to prevent abuse, but let us choose how to kill off our characters.

I've spoken with a few people who recently returned and they hate their old characters. They would really love something like the above. @chop is a great mechanism, but there's still a lot of issues with it and it's entirely up to the GMs to decide how and when your characters die. There aren't too many events that could lead to a chop these days and I'm not sure if there's been one since Cyradis has left.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEC_Ghuan View Post
            I've spoken with a few people who recently returned and they hate their old characters. They would really love something like the above. @chop is a great mechanism, but there's still a lot of issues with it and it's entirely up to the GMs to decide how and when your characters die. There aren't too many events that could lead to a chop these days and I'm not sure if there's been one since Cyradis has left.
            Not entirely true. Any event (and even non-events) can lead to a chop death, and we have weekly events. "Doom and gloom" events aren't the only times someone could make poor choices and end up as event fodder. You could be kidnapped and fail a ransom, taste test a bad batch of Pego's posca, or double-cross a thief that decides to end you.

It's not likely we'll have "mass death" events in the near future, as we're spending time and energy elsewhere, but stay tuned for updates around the chop process in the near future...
            Last edited by Siddhe; 06-28-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• don't forget about @retire!

Comment

• I disagree Kered. There are many people that can hurt you, rob you, cut tongue. BUT nobody can kill you, no matter how annoying you are. And let's face it there is no high-end gear that is really irreplaceable. Most peoples high-end is literally the same crap they bought their new character cause we don't have options for armor. As far as falling off a mountain, bid deal. Yeah sure you break your legs and face and whatever, crawl your butt back to a lean-to or town and sleep it off.

Yes you can end at any time but you lose the VC that you would have gotten if you had gotten chopped. I personally feel that you should be able to end a character whenever you want and get a VC equivalent. We as players put in the time and effort to grow them and when their story is done we should be able to choose how to end them. Without just deleting or ending. BTW I think we should take a look at how VC's are calculated I don't have a problem with people killing a character that qualifies for a VC 10, but it would lead to abuse if the person created a throwaway alt 10 years ago and cashed it in. Worse if they cash in 3-4 characters for VC's. Maybe look at possibly only ending a character to get a VC once per year.

If this is coming across as snarky it's not directed at anyone in particular but the situation. I feel that death should be a real deterrent to doing stupid stuff. If you want to charge headlong into a Cineran invasion in your road clothes, it should end badly for you. Death is real, give us some.

Comment

• You can actually die from falling off a mountain, it is a big deal. Same thing with quicksand. As well as choose to be chopped. My high end gear may be not irreplaceable to you, but it is to me, none of it is bought, all of it is from memories of the old days, minus two items. If you want to charge headlong to death go nuts, I am content being for the most part the way I am.

Comment

• 90 percent sure you can't die from quicksand now. It never goes above neck level.
                    Source: I tried to die by quicksand

Comment

• He was suggesting a toggle. You would have to elect to play that way. I’d suggest taking it a step further and make it hardcore TEC. Get double sp gain per action and double the limit before you hit min gains. So if normally you’d hit min gains at 250 it would instead be 500. The trade off is you can die in any number of ways, and without luck it’s permanent.

That would incentive people to try new things, new roles, new storylines. It would also give people a way to end characters that they are done with, without the cost of a lot of GM time.

And for the people that want to build their main to infinity ranks let them, you just don’t flip the toggle.

Comment

• Originally posted by hereagain View Post
                        90 percent sure you can't die from quicksand now. It never goes above neck level.
                        Source: I tried to die by quicksand
                        This has to be a recent change (last two years) source I drowned my thief by mistake

Comment

• I should have died in quicksand awhile back and couldn't. Failed the roll a few times when it was up to my neck.

Comment

• Searching in 80x80 squares needs to be changed back to the old roundtime. The current roundtime for a max-stats character is 30 seconds. That's way too long, given how enormous the gameworld is. The current roundtime makes hiding in ANY spot a guaranteed escape.

Comment

• 100 percent agree to El

Comment

• Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
                                Searching in 80x80 squares needs to be changed back to the old roundtime. The current roundtime for a max-stats character is 30 seconds. That's way too long, given how enormous the gameworld is. The current roundtime makes hiding in ANY spot a guaranteed escape.
                                Agreed.

OR

Make it so someone searching that area makes sneaking away incredibly more difficult (since they're looking for you anyways). The more people searching, the more difficult it is. And if you're spotted, you stumble out with an RT.
                                A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                                A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                                A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                                X