Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are in a large cave. Ahead of you is a genie lamp. What are your wishes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I strongly suggest creating roles/characters IG that are designed by staff but played by players. For example, if there is a plot you want to make then take applications for players for a key character (or a few) that would then be expected to deliver on the plot. By taking applications you screen out potential abusers, cheaters, etc..

For example: Maybe you want to start a small turf war in the steps to kick off something else. As of now your options are 1) do this yourself 2) say it happened 3) wait at minimum a few months, if not years, for a group of players to accumulate the ranks and be willing to risk the consequences of losing that time investment to do it themselves.

Or you could give out a few special denizen roles for a few PC's with good RP track records, have limited conflict of interest, with clear instructions and parameters, and maybe the ability to do one thing like spawn 3 denizens, and now you have a potentially multiple day long event involving all sorts of players. I've played other games where this works extremely well; as long as the leadership is objective on who gets roles and the player base respects the application process/responsibility that comes with this. The most important thing is that some people have multiple characters and they can't use one hand to help the other. I know that it's asking a lot to empirically trust a playerbase, nor am I suggesting it is a good idea, the screening process and accountability system will help mitigate problems.

My other suggestion is to take advantage of the single most powerful way to get a human being to do something for hours on end: a variable-ratio reward schedule. This what gambling is, it works. Randomized loot drops are an unbelievably powerful tool that has been serially successful. I'm not saying let's turn TEC into Diablo, but measure the # of people who visit the old city in 1 RL month now, and then add a randomly spawning golden plated leechsnake 1x a month and then track the #'s. Even a few % increase in the playerbase or utilization of previously dead hunting grounds is a win. Pilot this out in 1-2 hunting grounds that nobody visits and see what happens. This works, it is proven.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
      you can buy a veteran character already for that. You can also put them directly on chop, and limit yourself to how long you play that character. That's pretty much what veteran characters were introduced for doing. Sounds to me like you want more GSP on the VC.
      Asking someone to act out a plot for the benefit of the game, at the potential expense of their character, isn't realistic for VC considering how RP's are accumulated. A few thousand RP's is years to some people, it's asking too much.

There has to be a way to promote people to create or take lead on plotlines, at the likely expense of their character, that doesn't equate to losing a thousand dollars or literally months of their finite real life.

Comment

• every character, no matter how young or old, or skilled, is acting out a plot for the benefit of the game, at the potential expense of their character. The VC program is there to allow people to risk their characters death, in the knowledge that they'll usually get a head start on the next story they want to tell. You do not need to have thousands of ranks to contribute, you just need to be willing to play with others, and not just sit in the woods grinding out whatever you're grinding out, never interacting with other players.

Comment

• I would rather reward good roleplayers with special niche characters; given things like an outfit, accent, possibly some lore to share, some ranks if appropriate, and loose instructions from GM's on what they would like to happen.

Given that this is a text based RPG in 2019, I do not want them to have to spend significant RP's, $, or time to ramp up "a traveler from safelands" or "a blackvine fisherman." I would rather give one of the 1000 accounts that has demonstrated the capacity to play this game without abusing it to play one of these characters out at the most minimal cost to them possible. Why? Because I know I'll benefit as much as they well if not more. So will the other 30 people playing that night.

Comment

• I like your suggestion possibly even better BB. I think there’s room for both in some form.

A VC 10 is a great way to start a story, you’d still need to do a lot of work to make it feasible. And here’s the kicker, good luck ending your characters story via @chop. How many are currently slated for that? And what if your plot shouldn’t end in death? What then? Your stuck with a character that was very expensive to make that you would be foolish to just /end.

What I’m suggesting is s way to ramp up plots without having to rely on GM involvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ariden View Post
              What I’m suggesting is s way to ramp up plots without having to rely on GM involvement.
              Loosening up the PK system or making it free to PK people on the chopping block would get things moving as well. I'm hopeful that the retire function will be worthwhile because that'll almost assuredly make things happen. The wave of veteran characters from the culling was a great shot in the arm for the game.

Comment

• Another great suggestion was allowing people to play the NPCS without having to pay such a high cost, like make it free. This will allow the background people to come alive and make s more 3D world. Obviously if they abuse it you remove the privileges.

oh and another thing. There should be s way to kudos someone that is playing an NPC. Currently you canít and so you pay a high price for the option without even the chance of getting a kudos for a job well done.

Comment

• Oh what I would give for the ability to duplicate a whole codex, I would not care if it took a real life hour to produce.
                  Or at least the ability to remove pages from a codex and replace it with a fresh page.

It is terrible to get nearly done with a 20-40 page codex and find you've made a mistake. On multiple copies. And there is nothing to be done.

Considering the fact that the codex itself costs 500 denars up to a talent, not to mention the ink and simply the time that you burn through. It's really painful.

Please please please? <3 I think we'd see a lot more activity with that sort of thing if it weren't so difficult.

Comment

• Burn the butterflies by the Phaedra and the Campus Martius. They're the most annoying of all.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilippeCP View Post
                      Burn the butterflies by the Phaedra and the Campus Martius. They're the most annoying of all.
                      Very much disagree, some of my best times involved the butterflies.
                      Last edited by ToothlessRebel; 08-09-2019, 06:43 PM. Reason: I skip words when typing sometimes.

Comment

• I second that or at least let me kill them. Emote defense is lame.

Comment

• I love the butterflies and even suggested them as a newbie job opportunity!

Comment

• Wishes: Would be awesome to be able to play a child char of age like 10.. of course with limitations like can't marry till like 16 or some such.
                            I had another but I forgot! And absolutely not for perverted reasons.. I genuinely think the RP could be great!

Comment

• let me preface with saying, I'm not opposed to it.
                              The real problem is, no player character has access to view how old you are. And nobody ages up every year. So, do you plan on deleting said character after playing a certain amount of time, and making an adult? Since you don't want to play an urchin npc. Or, are you wanting to trap people into the pedophile trap, because they think you're a normal character, who isn't ten, and flirt with you, because you're female, only to spout out that your ten, and that they're now a pedophile?

Comment

• That escalated fast... wow. Well instead of saying a skinny woman it could say a skinny girl and possibly be changed when she does reach like 16 kind of like Age changes you once but it doesnít go below 16.. And no I donít wanna attract pedophiles hence the saying Iím not after perverted Rp. All it is, is a descriptor change and allowing Age to go down to 10 or so. I do wish there was more of a family dynamic to this game as I have been saying all along. No I would absolutely rp her to do 10 year old things and get a quarterstave and follow the Connieís around at times as she would dream of being a Connie when she grew up and fighting bad guys. Just more immersive plots. Lol. And of course I donít want to just play an urchin I want a permanent character with a visible name. Not that far fetched

Comment

Working...
                                X