Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

You are in a large cave. Ahead of you is a genie lamp. What are your wishes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be nice to see spears Hoplite stance be do-able with a wall shield in addition to oval shield. As it stands it isn't a great set up for the average spear user and is an incredibly nice set that is vastly under utilized because it's lack of utility. Making it wall shield friendly would open up a ton of opportunities and make the stance actually get utilized.

Comment

• Increase hoplite stance bonus and have shield types affect hoplite stance bonus. Oval :100% wall: 75% long: 50% buckler 33%

Comment

• Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post
        Increase hoplite stance bonus and have shield types affect hoplite stance bonus. Oval :100% wall: 75% long: 50% buckler 33%
        I can dig that. as it stands the stance offers very little other than the layer of defense at the cost of most of the "good" moves. If it could be altered slightly to have better bonuses with variations on shield, that would be a pretty cool mechanic of the game. Great edit.

Comment

• I would like to see tiers of reforging. A ticket for bronze, a ticket for iron, a ticket for...'softer' metals.
          Originally posted by Arconn9
          First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilippeCP View Post

That's a bit much.

The ability to have players own covers enables a sense of danger and consequences to the game. That feeling we might sense walking to Blackvine by ourselves or walking into the Steps at night contributes to an intangible quality of the game. That quality should be something we preserve and highlight; however flawed the system that brings it on may be.
            ​​​​
            While i do agree that certain sense of danger is fine, the sense of danger isn't there thanks to facecovers.
            People who want to do PVP should be willing to face the consequences of their actions.
            I don't agree that a flawed system should be further fed and nurtured.

Comment

• (1) I want to see more furniture offered in stores. Actual bookshelves, for example. (Can you tell I really really want one?).

(2) Add other container options that may offer more holding ability for all of those sacks we stuff into our storage rooms without having to use a wagon just to hold them all. Maybe the option to get a larger sack than normal.

(3) Give the tailors the ability to make a normal-sized sack and an extra large one. Most sacks people have tailors make are used to sort the massive amounts of stuff in their rooms anyway.

(4) Add a blacksmith where you can have special, custom or semi-customized items made, such as special wall sconces, special metal plates shaped in an initial for your domus front door, etc.

Comment

• The problem with the idea that if people want to PVP they should accept the consequences only makes sense if there is a way to prevent from getting caught. Right now you cannot evade the constables when they are on your trail. If you want t talk about a flawed system let's talk about that. Get rid of heat seeking constables, and pare down the number of NPC lawkeepers in the city and then I'd agree with you. As it stands now the only way to make PVP or thieving more viable is making hoods work better by hiding builds and concealing during thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ariden View Post
                  The problem with the idea that if people want to PVP they should accept the consequences only makes sense if there is a way to prevent from getting caught. Right now you cannot evade the constables when they are on your trail. If you want t talk about a flawed system let's talk about that. Get rid of heat seeking constables, and pare down the number of NPC lawkeepers in the city and then I'd agree with you. As it stands now the only way to make PVP or thieving more viable is making hoods work better by hiding builds and concealing during thoughts.
                  Thieving is still viable for those clever enough to figure out how to use the skills. There is seldom much worth stealing on PCs that have half a brain, but it is still very much possible to pull off theft undetected. The biggest problem is wonky stuff like sword lift showing the whole room you did it when you roll 90 over success (the auto retreat level) even when you're hidden. To my knowledge the only skill that might not have been leaked has absolutely nothing to do with theft. Maybe if nobody has a problem with more information being shared with the community one of us will post a list of what the guild trainer is currently teaching. I'll certainly ask.

I absolutely agree about the NPC law enforcement. While I sympathize with law characters in some situations, the pendulum is currently pushed toward law as far as I can remember seeing it. Some people tend to get angry when their precious items are robbed and there have been numerous rage quits after a mugging or theft which is sad. It seems like the current arrangement is set up to appease these type players. Both sides of the equation have some level of guilt here. For example, when enough noncoms get mugged just going about their lives it reflects poorly on the criminal(s). When law zeros in on a person for having a "tall muscular" build and using the same weapon as a mugger in a hood it reflects poorly on law enforcement.

Comment

• While we're at it:

Let newbies see their character's stats and not have to use Newbie. It was a poor mechanic back then and it's an even worst one now.

Add a @stat command that allows you to see your characters' stats while in the Welcome Area. We already know the wording equivalents and we can already figure out how to check our stats, so why not make it easier for everyone to do so?

Comment

• Originally posted by TEC_Ghuan View Post
                      While we're at it:

Let newbies see their character's stats and not have to use Newbie. It was a poor mechanic back then and it's an even worst one now.

Add a @stat command that allows you to see your characters' stats while in the Welcome Area. We already know the wording equivalents and we can already figure out how to check our stats, so why not make it easier for everyone to do so?
                      Not just everyone - ESPECIALLY newbies. Being cut off from information is a rough, confusing introduction to TEC.

Comment

• Help locksmiths by letting them melt down things larger than hair pins, like rings that might produce two ingots instead of one. Or necklaces, anklets, and bracelets from bandits. Things like that. It helps blacksmiths cut down on costs by being able to melt down things for their own ingot inventory.

Comment

• Better yet. Let people pick what their character looks like and then use a point but system for stats. Arenít you all tired of the same descriptions for everyone?

Comment

• Regular passage to Cullaiden for those wishing to kill off characters or play TEC on hard mode. Either monthly/quarterly event or one-way ferry that's automated.

Comment

• I like that idea Lantraste.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEC_Ghuan View Post
                                While we're at it:

QFT - numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X