No announcement yet.

State of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had many frank conversations with longtime players in the last couple of months. I've been part of TEC since late 1998 and often wonder what keeps me and others playing a game sans graphics from my childhood. There are many well-intentioned people like Ghaun who put their heart and soul into keeping this going only to be met by apathy or indifference. I honestly feel for this game to survive, the "us vs. them" mentality between players and GMs, will have to change. That goes back to the need for transparency and open lines of communication. Recent changes were enough to see five of my friends just flat out stop playing (and paying). I myself struggle to sign in once a week. We're hovering near point-of-no-return status if things aren't fixed. People will only take what they perceive as slights, abuse, personal targeting, and flat out ignoring for only so long. I get that GMs aren't paid other than the top guy, and that this playerbase may rival Rust in its politeness, but somethings got to shake us back to normalcy. What the players have asked for aren't over-the-top demands. People want to know what's going on, where things are going, and know they have a voice about changes. Lead us to where we are going, don't shove us there one random day and give us the finger when we don't like it.
    <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
    Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

You don't have a voice, what you want doesn't matter. You are a customer, not a developer. If you dislike the product, don't buy it. Money speaks louder than any complaint card. Also, see my prior post, this thread shouldn't continue, put it in the thread that was made for this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
        Also, see my prior post, this thread shouldn't continue, put it in the thread that was made for this conversation.
        He who thinks he is boss HAS SPOKEN.

As per usual reply into the wind my not friend.

Comment

You don't have a voice, what you want doesn't matter.
          One of OP's major pieces of feedback is that this is a problem, it's not completely unreasonable to say it has to change. The game doesn't have a thousand players or more milling around making demands. It is a community of 100 or so current players, give or take, and several hundred others who have played in the past but aren't currently around. The importance of this communication and transparency, as well as a need for direction going forward is all laid out in the post. Go read it.

You are a customer, not a developer. If you dislike the product, don't buy it. Money speaks louder than any complaint card.
          Many people have voted with their wallets. Numbers are dwindling. It's my assumption that paid accounts are dwindling. This is a community problem on both sides of the aisle, but it doesn't mean that we can't provide feedback on a product, particularly when the community is ASKED TO DO SO by a GM/SG.

Also, see my prior post, this thread shouldn't continue, put it in the thread that was made for this conversation.
          Are you afraid we're going to lose it in the shuffle? Or that Siddhe won't see it as an answer to her other post? Really?

I appreciate the post, Ghuan. You highlight a lot of what makes TEC great, as well as a lot of areas that need improvement. Many of the suggestions are reasonable short- to mid-term goals that could be delegated to community or org. leaders.

Don't be fooled, Miri is a vegan.

Sicaslash: Parsnips are for girls.

Comment

I think it should also be noted, but when you ban someone not for breaking any rules... but for personal reasons; they take their friends and go play in another sandbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryzen View Post
              I think it should also be noted, but when you ban someone not for breaking any rules... but for personal reasons; they take their friends and go play in another sandbox.
              More like the other end of the sandbox.

Comment

I personally don't understand why you would ban anyone unless they were doing something so over the top that it's a no-brainer. Stealing code, hacking cc numbers, simulated rape of a character should all be ban-able or anything in that vein. Banning is a bad practice because you lose out on a customer there are better ways to discipline bad behavior vs. taking away their ability to play.

This I got from the discord if you are caught botting. Put the character in nowhere for the rest of the week and wipe their sp count. That's enough of a timeout that most people will not repeat it and if they do then hit em again. You don't have to boot the player or character totally off the game because the player will correct their behavior or won't progress.

Comment

I love when bipolar trolls that trash staff/players and use slurs suddenly get black listed for over a decade of terrible behavior, want to come back and be like "I fEeL lIkE i WaS UnFaIrLy TrEaTeD. i WiLl Go AnD pOsT sTaFf InFo AnD pErSoNnEl AtTaCkS oN tWiTtEr."

TEC will do well to get these Incels off the platform.

Comment

I agree with that, posting anyones info should warrant a ban.

Comment

Originally posted by VBaehr View Post
                      I love when bipolar trolls that trash staff/players and use slurs suddenly get black listed for over a decade of terrible behavior, want to come back and be like "I fEeL lIkE i WaS UnFaIrLy TrEaTeD. i WiLl Go AnD pOsT sTaFf InFo AnD pErSoNnEl AtTaCkS oN tWiTtEr."

TEC will do well to get these Incels off the platform.
                      You forgot to mention the fact that said trolls know more about the GM's personal lives then is called for. It's stalker-ish behavior, 100%. - It's kinda scary to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                      X