Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Re: Change of leadership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Change of leadership

For those who haven't seen the announcement, the role of administrator has been transferred over to Siddhe.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate Siddhe on her new position and I hope that things will continue to look as promising as they have in the recent weeks.

Secondly, I'd like to give a big thank you to Sceadu. He has gone through some tough years here as admin and he has shown dedication time and time again to keep the game afloat. While I have disagreed with some of the choices he has made as administrator, I am thankful that he has realized that it was time that someone else stepped in and pushed the game forward with a new vision. Thank you for all of your time and dedication spread out across all of these years here, Sceadu.

I am excited to hear Siddhe is taking over, and look forward for good and encouraging role-playing for all the different styles of play.

Thank you Sceadu for your time, while we didn't agree on just about anything, I do appericate you keeping the game going during some ugly times, good luck in your future endeavors
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Congratulations to Siddhe and I wish you the best of luck for the future and moving the game forward! And thank you very much to Sceadu for keeping the game alive for so many years.
      Don't tread on me.

Comment

Wow.. Congrats. I'm in shock and happy at the same time.

I'm actually excited to see what will happen!

Comment

Enjoy your retirement, Sceadu!

Comment

I didn't always agree with Sceadu. But the fact remains without him this game would have likely died. Thanks for your hard work keeping the game going man. Enjoy whatever role you take from here.
            Originally posted by Arconn9
            First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

Comment

Siddhe, that you?

Comment

I actually haven't had any interaction with Sceadeu. But I do know what you put into this game and just want to say thank you. Anyone that is willing to put that kind of effort for that many years for to provide entertainment for other people is aces in my book. Whatever you do next I wish you well.

Comment

Absolutely want to echo the sentiments for Sceadu; he fought hard to keep the game true to its original design and intrigue, and also fought a practically unwinnable battle of balancing banning cheaters vs keeping players. As one of those who was given a second third n-th chance over the past 20 years (including rage deleting my account), just want to seriously thank you for filling such unenviable shoes. As for Siddhe; I can tell the playerbase has full belief in you to succeed. You may not always make the right choices, but that's ok, because we know you'll do your best to fix anything that may go awry

Comment

Working...
                  X