No announcement yet.

Seld Road Completion Milestones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright. So I had to do some re-balancing and re-coding on the 75% milestone release because not only did I get behind by RL, but I lost a bunch of notes (pc decided it needed to update and restart, and I hadn't saved a bunch of revisions to code I'd had laid out and still open) and had to backtrack in my progress . Also had to farm some work out to GM Senses and SG Analog to do some concurrent work to get everything together. They've been a tremendous help.

That said...we're just about done with final polish and are shooting for a release/event in the next week or so, so stay tuned! We did a Newbie-Friendly release for 50%, but this will be the opposite. This will be for the top-combat peeps (I'm sure who all suspect what it might be). The 100% release milestone reward will meet in the middle, being for everyone (psssst....it's Seld).

Seld itself is also nearly complete. We've got only two or three code-related issues to workout, and a couple quirky things to debug, so it might not be released right at 100% but should be much closer than the 75% milestone turned out to be. Blame all the people pouring sandy blood, gravely sweat, and cobblestone tears into that bad boy. They've really hauled butt!
    Last edited by Tale; 08-15-2019, 09:42 AM.
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Iím looking forward to our fish overlords
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

So...I forgot to add in the cobblestone layer to the Seld math this entire time. I've updated the sign to reflect this. Thankfully, y'all kept up on cobblestones so well, the sign only changed by 9% when I fixed the math. My bad, guys. On the other hand, now I'm on time for the 75% milestone! So....silver lining? *slinks away to a corner in shame*
        Game Master Tale
        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

As some of you know, I'm currently in the mountains on vacation. After a 14 hour drive, I'll be back at home (and have to immediately go to work) come Monday.

I'm told that you guys finished the road! That's awesome, guys! I'm totally proud of you!

When I get back Monday, I plan on posting the actual Seld release event (shooting for this upcoming Thursday, tentatively), so be on the lookout for that.

Also, I've been informed that the game is down at the moment. If a revert happens and any road progress is lost, you don't have to re-do it - when I get back from vacation I can *poof* it back to completion since you guys already busted your hind-ends and finished it once.

I called a red flag on flinging the gates wide as soon as the game is back up because I wanted it to me scheduled so everyone that wants can try to arrange being there for it, and also because some of the shopkeepers are still...um...naked. *eyeshift* and I haven't added some of the new stock I've been making to the new stores quite yet (it's easier to make stock and then build stock lists after the fact) and a few other minor touches I have planned and just have not had a chance because of puppies then because of vacation.

Again, great job, guys! I hope that you're at least half as excited as I am.
          Game Master Tale

Comment

Enjoy the vacation- I will probably miss the grand opening since it will be on a thursday- good luck to all and enjoy
            blank kills you with blank's bare hands.
            You are slain.

Comment

Working...
            X