TEC as a standalone game + updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEC as a standalone game + updates

Posting this here, in case anyone has new questions they've thought of they'd like to ask. You can read the whole forum post HERE.

Thank you For letting us know, if I have some questions which are basic ones should I request.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Q) "What will be the status or Story points? Will they transfer over, or should we spend them?"
      A) "That is a great question that I do not know the answer to. StoryPoints are a Skotos mechanism, so I doubt they will transfer over when TEC is handed over. I am adding that to my clarifying questions list, and when I have an answer, I will post in the forums. If StPs DO go away, as I assume they will, it's likely we'll offer our own equivalent, as people enjoy using them."

Would the new equivalent include a transfer of existing points at a similar value at that time?

Q)
      Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
      Outside of the game there will be some changes. Notably, we will not be able to provide the individual games with credit card processing capability. However, Paypal will still be supported, and with it regular and premium accounts.
      Might that be subject to change? I have rather ehhhm, poor experiences with paypal.

What sort of time can we expect for a heads-up about changes (such as Stp changes, final credit card usage dates)?

Q) When you heard the news, what sort of exciting ideas for the future went through your head? Things you'd like to change, things you'd like to do?

Comment

Will TEC still be able to use orchil? If yes will code for it become open source?

Comment

Originally posted by Launrentinus View Post
          Will TEC still be able to use orchil? If yes will code for it become open source?
          Bro... the orchil code is javascript it runs client side so basically it's already open source lol.. you can get all the code yourself

Comment

Not all of it. I can't find the code for the mapping system. It calls a function I do not see in the open code.

Comment

Not all of it. I can't find the code for the mapping system. It calls a function I do not see in the open code.
              Lines 115-285 on tec.js deal with the map. I haven't poked around with it much, but maybe that will point you in the right direction.
              Got Questions? We've got answers!
              Join us at http://eternal-city.wikidot.com
              Top Mud Sites - http://bit.ly/VoteTEC
              Mud Connector - http://bit.ly/TECMudCon

Comment

Originally posted by Baleron View Post

Lines 115-285 on tec.js deal with the map. I haven't poked around with it much, but maybe that will point you in the right direction.
                There are mix of files that handle it.

The main file is skoot.js

Bruh, just message me on discord if you want some help.

Comment

Originally posted by Druceo View Post
                  Q) "What will be the status or Story points? Will they transfer over, or should we spend them?"
                  A) "That is a great question that I do not know the answer to. StoryPoints are a Skotos mechanism, so I doubt they will transfer over when TEC is handed over. I am adding that to my clarifying questions list, and when I have an answer, I will post in the forums. If StPs DO go away, as I assume they will, it's likely we'll offer our own equivalent, as people enjoy using them."

Would the new equivalent include a transfer of existing points at a similar value at that time?
                  Per Shannon's announcement, it looks like StoryPoints will transfer. As it will then be "up to the individual games", yes, we do plan to continue to allow for the expenditure of those StPs at the same rate. We will also likely offer something similar of our own.

Originally posted by Druceo View Post
                  [B]Q) [/B

Q)

Might that be subject to change? I have rather ehhhm, poor experiences with paypal.
                  It's possible, but at least initially, we will likely use PayPal. I've used PayPal for over a decade, both personal and business accounts, and have had zero problems. Sorry to hear if that hasn't been your experience!

Comment

Siddhe is it possible for the community to know if Orchil will be usable in the future? I understand it may not even be known yet or you may not be able to let the community know. I ask because it seems there are a few people interested in client development right now.
                    Thanks for your time.
                    I know I've been mentioning this a lot lately. Great job with all the new changes.

Comment

Siddhe is it possible for the community to know if Orchil will be usable in the future? I understand it may not even be known yet or you may not be able to let the community know. I ask because it seems there are a few people interested in client development right now.
                      Thanks for your time.
                      I know I've been mentioning this a lot lately. Great job with all the new changes.
                      As far as I know, all current clients should continue to be available after the transfer. If that changes, I will let you know as soon as I do.

Comment

Working...
                      X