Updates about Migration from Skotos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates about Migration from Skotos

Do you have any updates on any anticipated changes resulting from the migration from Skotos?
    Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

perhaps put a question mark in your subject.

Comment

In fact, we do! Shannon just shared this information:

"There's no need to worry. My work preparing to move house has been compounded by an extremely serious health situation in my household, so my ability to get things done has been dramatically impacted.

And, I've been focused on other things ...

Basically, the prime impetus for these Skotos changes is that I'm moving, and dropping out of my full time role at Skotos, so that's created the need to do a big cleanup on both RPGnet and Skotos before I leave. Much of my focus has been on RPGnet thus far, because that's the site that creates more ongoing work for me (meaning that I'll have more time afterward), and also the one where I more clearly can see how to do everything that needs to be done. I hope to be done with that by the end of the year, and then I'll have what time I need through the end of March to do the cleanup on this site necessary to split Skotos up out as I detailed back in July.

It's certainly dragging more than I'd like, but we're pretty committed to doing this work, so that the games can continue. And, as I originally wrote, March 31st was our far-end deadline (as that's when I decided to end my full-time commitment to Skotos). - Shannon"

Comment

so.... end of march.

Comment

Supposedly, in 20 days everything will work itself out?

Can we please have an update from Siddhe or ShannonA ?
          1. What is the proposed pricing structure after split?
            1. Will there be changes to existing free, basic, premium perks?
            2. What payment options will be available? Paypal? Visa? Mastercard? Amex? Venmo? Bitcoin?
            3. Where will our money be going? Is it still going to Skotos or will the money be going to some new company Siddhe has planned?
          2. Is there going to be any changes to current Terms of Service?
          3. Will the GMs be paid? If so, does this mean we'll see more GM interaction?
          4. Is there going to be new forums?
          5. Is there going to be a new website?
          6. Is there going to be a new $$$ replacement for storypoints? If so, see 1.
          7. How will the server be managed? By Skotos? By TEC?
          8. Will TEC GMs actually own TEC or will it be under some "Skotos Theatre".
          9. Will we need to update our accounts in any way after split?
          10. Will our characters be effected in any way?
          11. Will the other games have access to our personal information from previous Skotos database?

Comment

well, yeah, you won't get all the skotos games for the price of one subscription...
            money will be going to Siddhe (or a company Siddhe makes)
            of course there will be a new forum and website..
            the server will be managed by TEC
            the TEC GMs will own TEC
            characters won't be (shouldn't be)
            no. (you'll probably still have the same account for Skotos, so might want to change your password after the split?)

It's a split FROM skotos, nothing of TEC will remain with Skotos.

Comment

As far as I am aware, TEC will still be hosted on Skotos servers, they are just splitting up the Skotos service so that one account doesnt work for all games anymore.

Comment

Sounds like new management only same company. Is this true smoke and mirrors?
                "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

How about Archmagi stops answering questions for the GMs? Until I hear you are officially a GM I could give a hoot what you're answer is. I post questions here because the GMs distance themselves from discord. Not to have you give speculative answers. I asked Siddhe/ShannonA. k thx.

Comment

Originally posted by herdias View Post
                    How about Archmagi stops answering questions for the GMs? Until I hear you are officially a GM I could give a hoot what you're answer is. I post questions here because the GMs distance themselves from discord. Not to have you give speculative answers. I asked Siddhe/ShannonA. k thx.
                    Yes plz 1234

Comment

What I know:

TEC's license will be transferred to me.
                      We will have access to the servers.

What I don't know:
                      Pretty much all the other things you asked, as I haven't been provided with additional information to know when/how/etc. the transfer will occur.

I purchased a new site in the event we need it. Everything else, we'll just roll with as it comes.

re: "just splitting up the services so one account doesn't work for all games any more" - My understanding is that Skotos will no longer exist after this, and at least a couple of the "Skotos Seven" have already gone through sunset. So it's not just keeping people from accessing multiple games, they are basically dissolving.

Also, I don't know what "smoke and mirrors" means, but I'm amused by it nonetheless.

You may not like hearing from ArchMagi, but his responses look pretty accurate from what I would assume. The biggest "iffy" one there is that I am not sure how account access will look quite yet.

Comment

http://forum.skotos.net/forum/genera...ting-up-skotos

Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
                        Folks,

Since almost all of our players focus on a single game, we don't expect many of you to see much change within the games. The games will still be run by the people who have run them in recent months and years, the only difference is that there won't be the additional level of Skotos infrastructure.

Outside of the game there will be some changes. Notably, we will not be able to provide the individual games with credit card processing capability. However, Paypal will still be supported, and with it regular and premium accounts. Individual games will also have to spin up their own forums (or discourse or whatever) if they want to continue offering out-of-game communications

We'll also leave it to the individual games to determine their pricing structure.

When the day for the changeover comes, we'll move current subscription data from Skotos to the individual games, so that you'll continue playing for whatever time you'd already paid for on any or all of the games. Any yearly subscriptions that were paid for before today will have the option to instead seek a refund for remaining time (if any), as they wouldn't have known about these upcoming changes when they paid for their subscription.

If you prefer not to transfer to the new single game services, please delete your Skotos account within the next three months, by the end of September, as we'll be testing out our new thin-auth server after that.

However, I hope you'll instead continue to enjoy the communities that we've nurtured for the next twenty years, even as they move beyond the umbrella of our single-service model.

Shannon
                        Perhaps if you'd rather not have other people involved in your questions, you should pm them to the person you want to answer them.
                        You post on a public forum, you invite the public to answer.
                        Last edited by ArchMagi; 03-13-2020, 05:24 AM. Reason: bolded a few things

Comment

Siddhe This expression alludes to the performances of stage conjurers who use actual smoke and mirrors to deceive the audience. The figurative use that is now more common refers to the obscuring or embellishing of the truth that is employed by spin doctors and the like in order to deceive the general public.

Your from new england, i know you watched channel 38 creature double feature, it was one of the best comments they used all the time
                          My heart broke
                          "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
                            Siddhe This expression alludes to the performances of stage conjurers who use actual smoke and mirrors to deceive the audience. The figurative use that is now more common refers to the obscuring or embellishing of the truth that is employed by spin doctors and the like in order to deceive the general public.

Your from new england, i know you watched channel 38 creature double feature, it was one of the best comments they used all the time
                            My heart broke
                            I know it's early, and before coffee, but that was my attempt at humor. :P I know what smoke & mirrors is, just not why you would think it was taking place in regards to TEC.

(Also never watched channel 38 )

Comment

Thanks for the response Siddhe!

Comment

Working...
                              X