Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

What is a Parchment Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Parchment Event?

What is a Parchment Event?
    [color=dark yellow]Verbal Crushings[/color]
           &nbsp ;[color=dark yellow]Now Serving #[/color][color=royal blue]7[/color]

While you are logged in and actively playing the game, you have a chance at a parchment just landing into your hands randomly. You can also find these parchments in sacks found on humanoid NPCs. These parchments require you to "slap" them to claim the reward attached to it. The rewards can go anywhere from 5RPs, to a Veteran Character Level 10, a domus, a luck! point, a character makeover, etc. All sorts of RP expenditure options that are given away for free. These events can last for several hours, so long as there are parchments in the parchment queue. As it is completely random, one player could get 5 while another player on gets 2 in that same time frame.

It is similar in nature to the bandit treasure events that Jenn used to run where the bandits had all sorts of items/parchments that would be found in their sacks, but over time the GMs changed it so that the parchments have been made available even for those who cannot fight these NPCs. The last one I participated in was a very long time ago, so it's possible I'm forgetting some things and someone else could clarify.

Comment

You have to slap the parchments? I thought you just 'light' them on fire

Comment

You do "light" the parchments, vs. slap them. In addition to parchments, a few fun surprises are included in the mix, such as trinkets, armor, custom clothing, etc. So keep your eyes peeled and listen for the ding! Good luck, and hope you enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Siddhe View Post
          You do "light" the parchments, vs. slap them. In addition to parchments, a few fun surprises are included in the mix, such as trinkets, armor, custom clothing, etc. So keep your eyes peeled and listen for the ding! Good luck, and hope you enjoy.
          I'm just old, I guess! Don't mind me! The last one I attended made use of the slap command. Would've been hilarious to be IG and slap some parchments only to have people raise their eyebrows toward my characters! Ha. Thanks for the clarification and thanks in advance for the event!

Comment

typically... you READ the parchment, and it tells you what it is for, and how to claim it.

Comment

Siddhe Couple of questions for those who haven't been at a parchment event and just general refresher:
              1. Do you need to be a fighter to participate?
              2. Do critters have parchments or is it only human NPC's?
              3. If you acquire a VC from a parchment and then get another does it overwrite the existing VC?
              4. Does the parchment show you what it is before lighting it? I.e. I get a VC and want to give it to someone else. Does that show on the parchment?
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by herdias View Post
                Siddhe Couple of questions for those who haven't been at a parchment event and just general refresher:
                1. Do you need to be a fighter to participate?
                2. Do critters have parchments or is it only human NPC's?
                3. If you acquire a VC from a parchment and then get another does it overwrite the existing VC?
                4. Does the parchment show you what it is before lighting it? I.e. I get a VC and want to give it to someone else. Does that show on the parchment?
                Thanks!
                1. Nope.
                2. Critters are excluded from parchments.
                3. Yes. But the parchments have been updated to a) show you the value of the VC package and b) tell you if you have a VC package on your account, with a prompt to ask if you want to wait or use it now. So you won't accidentally overwrite your existing one.
                4. See above answer.

Comment

Thanks for the parchment event!

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information