No announcement yet.

Lag part 2/ disconnects/ front page connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe it's that unofficial client use is on the rise, and that new one is a resource hog?
    I'm just saying... unofficial clients have been banned from the beginning of the game, and only recently got allowed... and that new one is recent as well... very recent.
    Maybe there's a reason the ban was in place. I do recall reading that they cause lag.

Comment

The main issue with those clients is security. They all mimic the official clients so it's a crock of shit that they cause lag unless someone provides evidence that they do.

Socket connections are pretty basic read write process.

​​​​​

Comment

From what it sounds , the restart didn't do to much same issues, havent logged on yet but discord is kinda saying it
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Game is down.

Comment

It does appear to be down. Skotos has been notified, however, with the time difference it'll probably be a bit before the folks over there see the message. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Game can't lag if it's not running. Well played Skotos. Well played.

Comment

five hours later, still down... and the front page forum button still doesn't work, have to use the sidebar... etc.

Comment

Game tentatively appears to be up, though I haven't received confirmation yet from Skotos as to the stability or crash cause, so I would proceed with caution for the moment.

Comment

Did you receive confirmation of stability or crash cause?

Comment

Sorry, was working last night when the confirmation from Skotos came, and didn't have a chance to post.

Game should now be stable. Additionally, very little data should have been lost, as the crash took place roughly 30 minutes after the backup. So there's a big positive there.

The crash was due to a lack of disk space after the previous rebuild when the game was down for a short maintenance earlier this week. The disk space has now been increased, so this should not happen again. In addition to that, it's possible that the extra disk space will help even out the lag, though it will take a few days for the game to "adjust" before we'll know for sure.

Comment

The lag is still on-going. There is something that is wrong with the game and from my observations, it has to be related to something that is being called every five minutes. There is a handler of some sort that is not behaving properly and it is hanging up on something. I've had the game freeze on me during these times:

11:57
                        12:02
                        12:07
                        12:12

I've only been tracking when the game freezes this morning, but there's a pattern that emerges really quickly. The game has frozen on those four separate occasions at five minutes interval. The game was frozen for more or less 5-6 seconds, if not a little more. During that time, we cannot send inputs or receive any form of output from the server. Furthermore, the creatures do -not- attack during that time, so it is clearly something that is eating up all of the memory and just denies anything else from running while that process is being ran. So whatever it is, you should definitely try to track down something that is being called by a five minute handler of some sort.

I know in the past we have had issues with some of the graveyards having some items that were just impossible to be destroyed and had to be cleared manually. Until that was done, the game would have hiccups because it kept trying to find some non-existing things to destroy and it caused all sorts of mayhem.

EDIT: Just had the game freeze again right now at 12:27. So it seems that it will freeze at every 02-07-12-17-22-27-32-37-42-47-52-57. (wasn't actively inputting commands before that, so don't know if it happened at 12:17 and 12:22)

Comment

Just happened again at 12:32, 12:37 and 12:47. Others are also experiencing these freezing issues just like I am.

Comment

Happened again at 12:52 and 12:57. Others active in Discord are also experiencing the freezing issues. It happens towards the latter portion of the minute. So at like 12:52 and ~45 seconds. It's always at the same identical time. The freeze lasted about 7 seconds from 12:57:750 to 12:57:860 (in milliseconds, meaning 12:57 and 45 seconds to 12:57 and 52 seconds)

Comment

This is a true thing. TEC_Ghuan is a king among men.

Comment

So far since 6, (5) disconnects lag spikes every 5 mins or so roughly. Also talking to others its orchii who are disconnecting
                                "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Working...
                                X