No announcement yet.

Lag part 2/ disconnects/ front page connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This lag is unplayable... constant disconnects, and lag spikes so long that people are already gone before I respond to things.

Comment

We are (still) aware of the lag and are continuing to investigate. When we have updates, we will of course share, though hopefully you will feel the effects prior to us needing to announce them.

Comment

Just a quick update:

The five-minute freezes are still on-going. They last for about 7 seconds still. They are still occurring with the same identical timing at 02-07-12-17-22-27-32-37-42-47-52-57 (minutes in the hour) at the 45th second of that minute.

From around ~4:30 PM EST I started getting random disconnects. From 4:30 PM EST all the way to 8:30 PM EST I got disconnected more or less 8 times. These disconnects all seemed to happen a little bit before the five-minute freeze happened. Other users in Discord mentioned that they had gotten some disconnects prior to the ones I have gotten. Several of us were disconnected at the same time. During some of these lag spikes that caused the disconnects, I was still able to receive information from the server (being attacked by mobs) but I couldn't send any information over to the server. Anything I sent just wasn't getting processed at all.

Comment

I just did some testing and it appears that the Hunger and Thirst systems are both running on a five minute timer and they are being run ~10 seconds before the game freezes every five minutes. I don't know if this is related, but it might be worth looking into. The five minute freezes are still happening.

Comment

Turn hunger and thirst mechanics off forever! That'd be the best lag solution of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantraste View Post
              Turn hunger and thirst mechanics off forever! That'd be the best lag solution of all time.
              and the worst solution for those who provide solutions to those problems.

Comment

Working...
              X