Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Links for Eternal City Login/Forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Links for Eternal City Login/Forums?

When this whole shift from Skotos happens, do the GMs anticipate any changes to the links we use for the wiki, login, or the skotos forums? I'm assuming yes, but will there be auto-directs? How will we know what those new links are?
    Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

the wiki won't change, since it's not official, and thus, not run by skotos. The rest I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Catuluscaesar View Post
      When this whole shift from Skotos happens, do the GMs anticipate any changes to the links we use for the wiki, login, or the skotos forums? I'm assuming yes, but will there be auto-directs? How will we know what those new links are?
      The wiki is being hosted by Wikidot which is a free wiki service hosting site. It will not be affected in any capacity whatsoever. On the other hand, if you played other Skotos games which make use of Twiki (such as Castle Marrach) then I have no idea if that will change.

As far as everything else goes, no official meetings were held to discuss what would happen. One thing that we do know is that Siddhe has purchased a new website address, but we don't even know if that will be used in any capacity as of her last town hall meeting (back in March). It's possible that some players were lucky enough to stumble upon her in the WA for a discussion, but I haven't heard anything.

Comment

Appreciate the response. It sounds like this is all going down soon; I hope there's a redirect for anyone using the old links.
        Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

New game link: http://game.eternalcitygame.com

Comment

If you are having trouble getting into the game, make sure that you clear out your browser cache so that it is not looking at old data.

New link again: http://game.eternalcitygame.com

Comment

The links on the Play Now page at http://www.skotos.net/games/eternal-city/ still redirect to the old links which allow you to login and try to connect, but will not work. You have to use the link provided by Pranzor and log in through there otherwise it will not work.

If you were using Orchil, all of your preferences will be gone. Don't forget to use the 'clientpref' command to change your settings back to what they were and then use 'clientpref save' to save your settings.

Comment

hope that website gets updated quick.

Comment

One thing that's been brought up that should be mentioned:

If you are using a browser that has auto-blocking features, you will want to ALLOW the new page and put it in your whitelist otherwise you will be unable to log in and connect to the game.

For people using unofficial clients:

None of them seem to be working right now from what I've been told, so for now you will have to use Orchil or you will be unable to log into the game.

Comment

That the best news I could have read about this issue. No cheaters for a bit.

Comment

Is there still intention to have the other clients (Alice, Flash, Zealotry, Java) supported or are we now forced to use Orchil solely? Also, if we're slaves to Orchil is there plans to improve features on it? We have several disabled players who have relied on other avenues because the official clients are not robust enough to accommodate their needs.

Comment

Question

Are payments still being handled through Skotos? I noticed that you can now pay via Paypal it is directed to Skotos Tech. Are they not going to be going to the new owners of the game?

Comment

I keep getting told my information is not correct when trying to log in. I've been using the same information for 15 years. Any ideas on why I keep getting this error?
                          Error:
                          Authentication Error: Either that user name does not exist or the password is incorrect.
                          There is no point in arguing with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Did you vote today?

I can't spell. Don't you RP with me!

Comment

I was able to log in after I changed my password to the same password.
                            There is no point in arguing with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Did you vote today?

I can't spell. Don't you RP with me!

Comment

PASSWORDS

Some users are having problems with passwords for a few different reasons (forgot their password or logging in by unconventional means). Here's how to solve it:

1.) Use the new Login portal: login.eternalcitygame.com

Even if using an unconventional manner to log in you must hit the login portal at least once to get the account properly updated (else, they have to wait until the entire database is converted, which will take some time).

2.) If you forgot your password, use the recovery tool: https://login.eternalcitygame.com/lost-password.php

3.) If they no longer have the same email address, put in a @report with the email address and account name, and we will forward it to Shannon for update.
                              If there are any other issues, please @report with the detailed concern.

Note: There are still some things that will need converted on the back end with payments and such. Announcements will be made once those changes are in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X