Can't log in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't log in

Same as Magey posted about in another thread, I keep getting this message on trying to log-in:
    Error:
    Authentication Error: Either that user name does not exist or the password is incorrect.

I use Ochill.
    I've tried clearing cache (CCleaner) and resetting the password with new passwords and with my usual password, always with a cleared cache. Tried Firefox and Chrome.
    I still can't log in. What to do?

PASSWORDS

Some users are having problems with passwords for a few different reasons (forgot their password or logging in by unconventional means). Here's how to solve it:

1.) Use the new Login portal: login.eternalcitygame.com

Even if using an unconventional manner to log in you must hit the login portal at least once to get the account properly updated (else, they have to wait until the entire database is converted, which will take some time).

2.) If you forgot your password, use the recovery tool: https://login.eternalcitygame.com/lost-password.php

3.) If they no longer have the same email address, put in a @report with the email address and account name, and we will forward it to Shannon for update.
    If there are any other issues, please @report with the detailed concern.

Comment

I changed my password and was able to log in without any further issues. (My password was not forgotten. I've had the same information for 15 year)
      There is no point in arguing with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Did you vote today?

I can't spell. Don't you RP with me!

Comment

OK all sorted, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Magey View Post
          I changed my password and was able to log in without any further issues. (My password was not forgotten. I've had the same information for 15 year)
          I suspect the issue has to do with account-update that's in process. Accounts are currently being updated in one of two ways: (1) when my update script gets to them; and (2) when you hit the front login page: https://login.eternalcitygame.com/login.php

If you're certain you know your passwd, and it won't work via some other methodology that you use to login, go to the login page proper and try that once. (And as noted, there is a mechanism to reset your password too.)

Comment

As a disclaimer, I know my username and password are correct, but when I try to recover my password, it does not actually send any mail into my email, or when recovering account name. I tried another email in case I had them mixed up, and it will send recovery emails to my older email, which is where all of my notification (events and RP awards) are being sent, and gives me a very old account name, which doesn't even register as existing when trying to recover the password for that account.

My request here is to first get my account to log in proper like many are struggling with, and hopefully find a way to send all future notifications to the proper email address.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_Torch View Post
              As a disclaimer, I know my username and password are correct, but when I try to recover my password, it does not actually send any mail into my email, or when recovering account name. I tried another email in case I had them mixed up, and it will send recovery emails to my older email, which is where all of my notification (events and RP awards) are being sent, and gives me a very old account name, which doesn't even register as existing when trying to recover the password for that account.

My request here is to first get my account to log in proper like many are struggling with, and hopefully find a way to send all future notifications to the proper email address.
              I figured out why your account wasn't updating when you tried to login, and fixed that. If you know your password, it should let you in now.

Comment

Hello all,
                I have the same problem. Can't log in, keeps saying the same error message. Can't reset password. My email is outdated, I have tried for months to get someone at Skotos to update it, but never replied, so now if I try and reset, it sends an email confirmation to an email I no longer use or have access to. My email with TEC is correct, I managed to get that updated from in game with an assist, however my main email with skotos is incorrect. Whenever I have tried to update my email on skotos, the page just goes white, never fully updates the email and again, no reply from any of the many emails I have sent to correct this. Please advise. Feel free to contact me @ my email for further questions. My current email ends in protonmail.com and has the same prefix as the old yahoo account. Thanks.

P.S.--I have setup this disposable email for you to contact me with as well...
                password.TEC.myrddin24@dfgh.net

Also---how on earth do I remove this signature block?

UPDATE--

Thanks for working it for me I got it working.
                Last edited by emyrs; 05-06-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Siddhe ShannonA she's dead again

Comment

Working...
                  X