Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Trait Revamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
    well... the old phrase... you can't teach an old dog new tricks, would seem to apply.
    Not really. Dragaxus has known locksmithing likely longer than most IG characters have been alive. I would not call that a 'new trick'.
    A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
    A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
    A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

• If you've moved locksmithing down in order... then locksmithing is not your primary focus anymore, and you've said you're happy with your progress, any further ranking up in locksmithing would be... new tricks in locksmithing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkidd View Post
        Blade Mastery
        Character causes a higher rate of critical hits with knives, daggers, dirks, and swords. Value: 2
        Comment: Since this is no longer a Cineran national bonus i think it should be renamed CRIT Mastery and apply to all fighting skillsets. If remains blade mastery, seems odd to not have all bladed weapons included (eg 1ha/2ha).
        It does seem odd to have a trait tailored to just 2 weapons.

Comment

• Hello Tale, Senses, and Siddle ,

During the trait roll out we were kindly helped by Tale in the WA. One of the things Tale mentioned was that if we had questions he couldn't answer we could direct them to Senses via a @request - Question.

I sent some questions I had about Born Leader addressed to Senses as instructed and it seems it's missing. The @request hasn't been resolved and it is no longer pending. It looks like it's been deleted. At this point I'm going to assume that's the case.

My request is to please answer the questions or to reply stating that these answers won't be shared.

I'll post the @request here as it is no longer pending for Senses to answer. The @request was sent on the 11th of July.

You have opened a new request. You may view any responses to this request through the @request menu.

Category: Question Tickets

Senses - Referred to you by Tale, question about Born Leader

Hello Senses!

Excellent work. Truly splendid. Im thrilled and heavily invested in all of these new and fresh mechanics. What a gift youve given me. Please hear that I am very happy.
          Born Leader

Character has a chance to give a combat bonus to allies engaging the same target. Value: 2
          What does a chance and combat bonus mean?

Is the combat bonus a straight +to hit or are there other things available such as openings, damage increase, RT reduction, etc?
          If +to hit is included in the combat bonus does it also translate to a potential crit quality increase?

I ask because: Tale says to you, "Three people with Born Leader all beating on the same target = neatness."
          Yet when I fight with Lapis I'm often seeing 5s on everything I hit. If were talking just a +to hit bonus the benefit here is hard to see.
          We understand crit quality is based on Roll Over Success (ROS). We know the lowest success you can get is a 5 in combat though backend success might be lower than that for determining crit value.
          In an example backend success might be -100, frontend Success shows a 5, roll might be an 80, ROS would therefore be 180. Critical hit quality will be determined from that 180.
          Does the bonus to Born Leader translate to lowering that back-end success, therefore improving potential crit quality?

Would Lapis being approached to a target with two friends who have BL potentially lower that backend success even further, thereby increasing the final ROS when determining a critical hit?
          I'm asking about the potential regardless of whether the above logic is true or not.

Finally, are there any echos such at the one we've already witnessed from Cunning Opportunist that show that Born Leader is active? Or is it a simple calculation that happens in the backend and we can trust it is working? I would prefer the former, and for all parties to see said echo.

Thank you so much for your attention and your reply to this.

All the best,
          Philippe

Submitted by: Philippecp

Comment

• Was a request really deleted without a response?

Comment

• Excerpt:
              538 New request submitted: Senses - Referred to you by a postal e 11-Jul-20
              539 New request submitted: Tale - Questions about mini a postal e 14-Jul-20
              540 Kudos award! Hermes 16-Jul-20
              541 Role Point Award Explosion 16-Jul-20
              542 Kudos award! Hermes 16-Jul-20
              543 Role Point Award Analog 19-Jul-20
              544 Kudos award! Hermes 23-Jul-20
              545 Bug Report Submission: Typo Bug # 2581, filed on 1 Agent Smit 24-Jul-20
              546 Resolution for Typo Bug # 2581, filed on 11:24 am Pranzor 24-Jul-20
              547 Bug Report Submission: Mechanics Bug # 11782, file Agent Smit 27-Jul-20
              548 Resolution for Mechanics Bug # 11782, filed on 9:1 Pranzor 27-Jul-20
              =[Request Menu]================================================== =============

[V] View your open requests
              [S] Submit a new request

================================================== ============================
              Choice>
              v

================================================== ============================
              Originally submitted on: 4:42 pm, Tuesday, July 14, 2020
              Category: Question Request
              Title: Tale - Questions about mining
              Doesn't show up for me.

Comment

• Trait descriptions on this thread (pgs. 4 and 5) were updated with Siddhe's new descriptions.

Comment

• Question: Did you remove nausea immunity from Tuchean resistance? Also poison resistance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorico View Post

It does seem odd to have a trait tailored to just 2 weapons.
                    It made sense when it was a free trait. Now it's another big nerf to knives and gladius, forcing them to lose out on another positive trait, and take another negative trait.

When multiple top tier knifers with 5000 ranks in knives abandon them because it makes no sense to keep them with the major nerfs over the last few years and the fact their existing traits are now more expensive, and Cunning Opportunist doesn't apply to any of their attacks; the new traits are the nail in the coffin, and I think it's a strong argument that this trait should just be inherent in the skillets.
                    "It's still magic even if you know how's it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Comment

• Originally posted by mr_unlucky View Post

It made sense when it was a free trait. Now it's another big nerf to knives and gladius, forcing them to lose out on another positive trait, and take another negative trait.

When multiple top tier knifers with 5000 ranks in knives abandon them because it makes no sense to keep them with the major nerfs over the last few years and the fact their existing traits are now more expensive, and Cunning Opportunist doesn't apply to any of their attacks; the new traits are the nail in the coffin, and I think it's a strong argument that this trait should just be inherent in the skillets.
                      Well, I'd say it'd an unfair advantage that those 2 skillsets are heavily coerced into taking. However, both of them are weaker weapons also, so it's not even an "advantage".

Comment

• I honestly think it would make far more sense for "old dog" to apply to skills below forth slot instead of above it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyril View Post
                          I honestly think it would make far more sense for "old dog" to apply to skills below forth slot instead of above it.
                          uh... that is how it works, isn't it?
                          first, second, and third are normal, fourth and below are reduced?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post

uh... that is how it works, isn't it?
                            first, second, and third are normal, fourth and below are reduced?
                            Yes, the wording is confusing. By "Above" it means more than the number 3. Many people such as Tyril think in terms of order though with 1 being your top, 2 being "Below" that, so I can understand the confusion. But yes, skill slots 1-3 have normal sp gain, 4+ have reduced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post

Yes, the wording is confusing. By "Above" it means more than the number 3. Many people such as Tyril think in terms of order though with 1 being your top, 2 being "Below" that, so I can understand the confusion. But yes, skill slots 1-3 have normal sp gain, 4+ have reduced.
                              Thanks. I was struggling with understanding why that trait would be named that.

Comment

• Well... soab.... Natural , and metal affinity have zero impact on quality, only on success....
                                I wasted my trait picks.... again!
                                All well, at least they don't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information