Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Chop, chop, chop...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chop, chop, chop...!

Hello, folks! Due to upcoming major story-lines, I've been asked to remind everyone that adding characters you actually play to the @chop list (and thereby consenting to be wrapped up in upcoming stories that could have said characters beat up, abducted, trapped, etc.) is incredibly helpful in pushing story arcs and gives us more options and freedom to advance said story-lines.

As always, this is not just about the possibility of death, but increased risk, and therefore not a 'guaranteed way to get a fast VC'. You're simply opting into more dangerous and involved story-lines that require more risk than normal everyday play, and that can include the potential loss of the character via murderfication in some instances. Being on @chop can lead to rewarding RP experiences that would otherwise not be possible, due to the standard game-play 'limits' that staff use when dealing with characters. And, of course, Role-Point and Bonus-Point rewards for actually role-playing and participating in such story-lines (as opposed to 'chasing the chop' and just laying down in front of the first monster you see).

But, as I said if no one has characters they actually PLAY on @chop, we can't push the boundries of 'standard' game-play, so we ask that those willing please consider the @chop option. And...consider soonish?

Thanks!
    Game Master Tale
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Sounds exciting!

I always thought @chop was a good way to indicate you were willing to have your character killed off, but that risks to your characters through events otherwise were still there (abductions, scars, beat downs, etc.) even if you weren't on @chop. Surely there are still ways to push boundaries for characters not on @chop? I know during Japes' old story arcs, your attendance alone meant your character may end up with a horrifying scar, etc. There are still characters walking around with those.

Either way, it sounds like fun things are happening in the background!!!
    Newpatriot frowns to you, "I don't have any open slots. "
    You ooc to Newpatriot, "Ummmm..."
    You ooc to Newpatriot, "Are they all full?"
    Newpatriot asks you, "I've got a man in all 5. Why do you ask?"

<01:28:30> "That Gay Dude": Dude, I'm not even gay.

Originally posted by Bactrian
    Your signature has been edited to remove a quote from another player. Let's not use signatures to make other players look silly, please (even if you are just quoting their own words).

Comment

Can I still have my character involved in dangerous storylines without being on chop?

Comment

A major story line can you give us a random hint to see if it would fit a toon that we may chop, (war , religion, attack of the giant fire breathing aralex)
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by Syden View Post
          Can I still have my character involved in dangerous storylines without being on chop?
          Yes - you just won't be tapped to play the more dangerous (and therefore more unique in terms of role-play) roles that carry more than average risk in said storylines.
          Game Master Tale
          Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Would any staff be available to talk a bit further about this in a more private setting? My DM's or IG would be fine!

Comment

Tale Lol there is a char I’ve been trying to get chopped for a bit now! There’s been no easy way to get her killed! Do monsters have the ability to kill a char you have on chop of not being controlled by a gm? I would love her to take a role in the storyline that gives her a chop... if you need volunteers to die. Simply message me?

Comment

My toon has been on chop and I know I only am around periodically here and there. A lot of his storyline is tied to the steps and It seems I missed the last big story line there. I cant see myself running outside of the city to a fight that he has no dog in
                "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I will kill you all."

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Tale responds from afar, "You have, right now, more unspent sp than I've ever accumilated with characters I've actually played with total, in almost 14 years."

Comment

I stopped chopping all my characters and the list dried out.

Comment

The last time a staff member posted a request like this I put my character on @chop for their upcoming "storyline" and got a vision from Ereal then the storyline died and the staff member left. I still have that @chop even though circumstances changed and can't get rid of it, so be very careful at the promises of any activity before commiting your chars.
                    The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
                    Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

Again, @chop is for those willing to suffer more than standard consequences for the role-play. It is not a path for people who are 'trying to get killed'. People who just throw their alts into a dangerous situation and try to get eaten are pretty much ignored in this regard, because that is not what @chop is for. That is what @retire is for. Simply being on @chop does not guarantee you'll die. It just means that we have prior permission to apply more permanent consequences (which can include but is not limited to loss of the character in question) if/when it is ever seen as beneficial for role-play, to further a story-line, to add 'impact', etc, etc.

No, we will not be discussing the 'details' of the upcoming story-line(s) in the forums or 'in private'. You can make the broad choice to be a participant for an undisclosed enhanced (and/or sacrificial) role in a story-line or event...or not. However, doing so holds no guarantees of anything other than if you happen to lose your character, you would be compensated with an appropriate VC.
                      Game Master Tale

Comment

Just disclaimer the events, Tale. Then you don't need to worry about who is on chop or not!

"Did you not read the fine print?!"
                        Newpatriot frowns to you, "I don't have any open slots. "
                        You ooc to Newpatriot, "Ummmm..."
                        You ooc to Newpatriot, "Are they all full?"
                        Newpatriot asks you, "I've got a man in all 5. Why do you ask?"

<01:28:30> "That Gay Dude": Dude, I'm not even gay.

Originally posted by Bactrian
                        Your signature has been edited to remove a quote from another player. Let's not use signatures to make other players look silly, please (even if you are just quoting their own words).

Comment

I think the tough choice comes from those having chars they're fine with dying during such storylines, and hoping to have a chance to participate in that kind of rp, but then get chopped in the grasslands by an alligator (Not that I'm complaining, I was def just trying to chop it up!). Just saying others may be looking for that kind of rp opportuntiy only to be dissapointed by a random death not to their "preference". But Sadly, we cannot choose how we're chopped but, what we can decide is how we meet that chop, in order that we are remembered.

Comment

Tale I don’t want to chop a whole bunch of chars just one I messed up on! So I’m not really looking to keep recycling through chop just choose a better path next time. She already retired so I don’t have that option .

Comment

ooh, danger! I'm added.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information