Grrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrr

I'm trying to play TEC and I've never played it before and when I click on the screen resolution thing it starts loading a new window but then stops and never finishes. All I get is the top bar and then the rest of the window stays grey. Any suggestions? Help me please!
    Rythgen says:
    "arg! i would defend myself but my massive schlong prevents me from moving!"
    The current rune bearer is Jinn the Hydra, who is located very far away to the northeast at a hot shaft.

Are you behind a firewall? If you are, the port (I don't know it off hand) needs to be open. Do you have Java? If not go to the Sun website and download it. Are you on a Mac? If you are, it gets a little complicated. You need a Mac-java thing and Netscape (seems to work better than IE). It also might just take a while to download the Java, especially if you are on dial up.

Comment

Cookies enabled?

Java enabled?

Firewalls?

Also, you can scroll down furthur and use the activeX client if none of the resolutions are working.
      Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

Ah the firewall! Both a blessing and a curse. I'll try that and get back.
        Rythgen says:
        The current rune bearer is Jinn the Hydra, who is located very far away to the northeast at a hot shaft.

Comment

What kind of firewall are you using?

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may
          have to back up his acts with his life."

Robert A. Heinlein

"I would spread the cloths under your feet:
          But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
          I have spread my dreams under your feet;
          Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

Yeats

Comment

I think he musta gotten in. The player who I helped last night at 3am was a GR player. Fits the timeline right.
            Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

Yeah I got in alright, decided to use alice since dropping the firewall didn't do squat.
              Rythgen says:

Comment

How do you open up the port when you've got a firewall?
                ----
                CARE BEAR STARE

Comment

You don't.

Die Microsoft!

Comment

Working...
                  X