Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

New Billing Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Billing Option

Don't have a credit card and can't afford to pay for a year at a time? Skotos now has a new billing option to accomodate you.

At many 7-11 stores you can purchase "7-11 Internet Shopping Cards". These are American Express branded cards that you can put money onto at many local 7-11s. There's more info at http://www.seven-eleven.com/internetcard/. As long as you have $10 on your Internet Shopping Card every month, you can use that to pay for your Skotos account ...

... because, as of today, we now accept American Express.

(And just in time too)

Shannon

Unfortunately, they don't have that in Canada, do they?

Bleh.

Comment

Other payment options..question

I understand that you can pay with a money order as well..I also noticed the thing that allows you to change your billing to quarterly..I have selected that type,but I do not have a credit card (refuse to get one,hate the things),so I am sending in a money order for the 25$..will that still be sufficent for the quarterly payment plan..or will I have to send another money order for 75$ along with my 25$ one? What Im askin is this,is the quarterly payment option only open to credit card holders?

Thanks in advance..
      Tyranthan

PS: Ty wont be around for awhile after monday since the free trial thing ends on the 2nd for me...so it will take some time for my account to be credited after they recieve my money order..I hope what I hear isnt true,that it took one guy 15 days to have his account credited an he payed with a money order..well,we'll see.*Waves to Midlight and sleeps for awhile*
      The person who strays from common sense will soon end up in the company of the dead.
      Proverbs 21:16

Comment

Credit card payments give you 2 options... $10/month, or $25/quarter (that means you pay $25 every few months which equals $100/year).

With anything else, like a check or money order, you must pay for $100 up front, that's a year of service. Checks and money orders are too difficult to keep track of each month or quarter for every account, so Skotos has to ask for a year up front. $25 won't work, it has to be $100.
        Lovecraft Country: Albert Zero
        Castle Marrach: Cody the Blade

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

25/3 months

Where is it that I can change between the two types of payments?
          This space intentionally left blank.

Comment

If you're using a credit card, you can change your billing options in the screen that pops up right after you enter your username and password. Look for the link on that page.

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

My credit card hasn't arrived on time to pay for TEC, so I stopped by the 7-11 and bought a card with 50 bucks on it

I like it, and my mom almost approves!
              Originally posted by Japes
              And no, those are not Ravanite rabbits.

Comment

Hmm...

Shannon, you mean 12 dollars a month on the card, right?

Can you have $100 on the card, and pay for a year with the shopping card?

Later,
                Livy

Comment

I'm slightly disturbed... I'm going to have to order another credit card since it seems that skotos won't accept discover. Is there any way that we could use discover instead of visa or mastercard?

Shadowfyre
                  Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows! Bwa ha ha ha ha

Comment

No, Livy, $10/month. If you are paying monthly, it is $10/month with a credit card. If you pay quarterly, it's $25 every 3 months, or only $8.33/month.

And unfortunately, no you can't pay the whole year up front with a credit card. I would have done so if I could. They offered it originally but found out that their credit card vendor (or whoever handles the transactions) won't let them do it. So the only way to get the year over with at once is with a check or money order.

Of course, you can put $100 on the card and pay quarterly, and let the card handle it every few months...

Comment

Payment

A question along the same lines. I am presently stationed over-seas(Kosovo) and have opted for the full-year, check payment. What will be the status of my account till the payment is recieved?
                      After all, if the Army could find a way to make mail slower they could and did, so it may be weeks before my payment is reached by Skotos.
                      -Patience isn't a virtue, it's everything.
                      Iain's First Law.

Comment

*forehead smack*

Yeah, I'm an idiot...disregard my earlier message as I have my answer...thanx all
                        -Patience isn't a virtue, it's everything.
                        Iain's First Law.

Comment

7-11 has discontinued the card for various reasons that they're not willing to share with me.

I had some payment problems when logging in this morning because of the Internet Card, but Skotos Tech Support was wonderful and they fixed it for me within two hours of when I e-mailed them with my problem

Kudos to the Skotos staff.
                          Originally posted by Japes
                          And no, those are not Ravanite rabbits.

Comment

Question for the people...

Ok, if you buy a 7-11 card; then can you pay for a full year, or does it count as a credit card? And how long does it take after you fill in the information for your account to be credited?
                            -You're just jealous because the voices are talking to ME
                            -Death is easier than pain in the heart, for it lingers and cannot fully be healed.
                            -I always thought R.I.P. meant "Ripped one In Public"

Comment

Re: Question for the people...

Originally posted by Milord

Ok, if you buy a 7-11 card; then can you pay for a full year, or does it count as a credit card? And how long does it take after you fill in the information for your account to be credited?
                              It counts as a credit card and access, as far as I know, should be fairly instantaneous.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information