Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock the Vote

Or something to that effect.

We'll be answering one of the following four questions this week so go ahead and vote now (Just to note, a few of the questions have been reworded slightly to make them less broad)

Q: What caused the Altenes to be exiled from their homeland?
    Q: Could you outline more of Windwardian history?
    Q: What major cities exist within Windward?
    Q: What are the major gods and goddesses of Tuchea?

Please try to keep the question thread constructive. I realize that some people think it's funny to try and point out things they believe to be inaccuracies, but try to keep it on track. Remember this is Iridine not Rome, tomatoes grow in Iridine, so does tobacco, even if the Romans didn't have them. Lorica Segmenta's haven't been invented, and scale mail isn't popular enough to warrant production by anyone within easy access to Iridine (just to put a few of the supposed inaccuracies to rest).
    What caused the Altenes to be exiled from their homeland?
    63.92%
    Could you outline more of Windwardian history?
    25.77%
    What major cities exist within Windward?
    1.03%
    What are the major gods and goddesses of Tuchea?
    9.28%
    The GM turtle.

- 'Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!' - NNY

"Religion holds the solution to all problems of human relationship, whether they are between parents and children or nation and nation. Sooner or later, man has always had to decide whether he worships his own power or the power of God."
    - Arnold Toynbee

I think Altene should be completely finished before you guys start on something new. There's a lot of indepth altene characters ou there [points to himself[] who want to get as much as possible down about their race.
    Corvous Blair, Constable of Unit I; Prosecutor for the Constablary; The Hand of Erai'Theran

Why do we kill, people who kill, to show killing is wrong?

Kill one man and your an assassin
    Kill many men and your a conquerer
    Kill all men and your a god!

Comment

Originally posted by Corvous Blair
      I think Altene should be completely finished before you guys start on something new. There's a lot of indepth altene characters ou there [points to himself[] who want to get as much as possible down about their race.
      Yeah... there's an abundance of Altene PC's IG, giving them some more background would be great.
      Go here. Y'know you want to.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
      Originally posted by Japes
      To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."

Comment

Come on folks from Windward, cast your vote.
        The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
        Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

*chants* Altene....Altene...Altene, Altene Altene!!!
          Spectatum veniunt, veniunt spectentur ut ipsae.

-- Ovid

<Iason thinks aloud: HELP!>

Comment

There's also in depth Windwardian characters, as well.

*Looks around, curious as to who that could be*
            Brutolius Brutolius, formerly of Windward, Citizen of the Republic, loser of the 'nicest' poll, and girl.

"Celtor snicker-snacks to you, 'Et tu, Bru?'"

"My patrician's jurisdiction does not cover lag." -- Garlick

"France could slide into the ocean and I wouldn't even notice." -- Jsafrase

"I learned to drive a stick shift in San Francisco. On LSD. After a Grateful Dead show. I lived to tell the tale. And so did everyone else." -- Kelles

Roses are #FF0000,
            violets are #0000FF.
            All my base
            Are belong to you.

Comment

I really would have liked to have known something about Tuchean culture when I was playing one. The only thing anyone commonly knows are stereotypes about pirates and being pussies in battle. That, and I have an soft spot for religion in game.

As for an unbiased opinion.... there are alot of Altenes... so more information for them to work from would be appreciated, I'm sure. But on the other hand, they are already quite fleshed out as a culture (as far as can be given the circumstances). There is far more about Altene than most of the other foreign lands. I also don't see a little more information about Altenes greatly effecting the rp of the ones already existing.

More info on lands not already highly touched upon would be best.

So... um... go Windward.
              "And now", cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

Comment

Vote Windward history or suffer the consequences *nod me*
                Top Mud Sites - http://bit.ly/VoteTEC
                Mud Connector - http://bit.ly/TECMudCon
                Vote daily!

Comment

Remember, there are still three more questions for this month, and possibly more if this system works right, so we will have opportunities to flesh out other cultures and aspects of Midlight.
                  Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

Windward...Windward...Windward...

A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

Comment

Well, I'm torn. Having two Altene characters, and a Windwardian character, I'm interested in both.

If the Windwardian history option should win, I suppose you could mention a couple of the cities therein, and that would sort of give us a hint to the answers of the third question, regarding major cities of Windward.

Anyhoo.
                      I went to a 7-11 and asked the clerk for five dollars worth of gas. She farted and handed me a receipt.

Originally posted by kamikazehiker
                      Or. . .
                      We can all acknowledge that Jolee is right, get over it, and shut up.

A thief burst into a Florida bank one day wearing a ski mask and carrying a gun. Aiming his gun at the guard, the thief yelled, "FREEZE, MOTHER-STICKERS, THIS IS A ****-UP!"

Unwary: "Jolee rocks!"

"Of course she does, she's related to me. "

-Firetear

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfinger
                        And post the altene words submitted! You know how hard it is to write a bastardized prayer in altene with the ones we're given?
                        *nudges Jenn*

Comment

Some she didn't authorise, and I don't know which ones. But I'm sure if you bombard her with requests, and any other Altene players for that matter, she'd find it more of a prospect worth looking in to. I know it isn't even partially a priority for her, but it has been a year...

Comment

Windward pride!

Cloudy needs at least a little history of something I can relate too. I agree Altene needs to be fixed if it's near complete, but if not, work on Windward history.

Comment

Windward Pride. Pfft. Gonna have a Windward Pride parade?

Comment

Working...
                              X