No announcement yet.

Sony bought Worlds-apart.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there were as many players as you seem to think there could be Attica, I doubt we would have many GM run events. The screen scrolls so fast, the GMs don't' have the time to see if anyone is RPing to award BPs as it is unless they make a log and spend a few hours reading it later, which I highly doubt.

BPs are pretty much already a thing of the past, along with RPer of The Month.

So events, if any would probably be making certain NPCs spawn everywhere in the city as a 'raid', auctions, and the "You need to go out and bring me the head of <Name NPC>" type events.

But, as long as they keep doing the pie making events, I'll be happy.
    Originally posted by Blackening
    As strange as it feels to say this, Nookie wins this thread.
    Originally posted by Max Powers
    The mighty Nookie reveals the secrets of TEC greatness!

Comment

Originally posted by Nookie420 View Post
      BPs are pretty much already a thing of the past, along with RPer of The Month.
      I got a BP 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Attica View Post
        It's a good game, with a lot of potential that just hasn't been tapped yet.
        I used to believe that. Looking around, I see players around for three years or longer who say the same thing.

I don't see many new players who believe in it's potential.

Andrew.

Comment

Didn't Dalis die last time you got drunk?

Comment

Dalis died because of OOCness. You can try to justify it any way you want ICly, but the reasons and method was OOC.

I was to stoned at the time to really care. I still don't really care.

And to get back on topic, I'm kinda sure Sony won't throw away TEC. They kept infantry. No one plays Infantry anymore. Except me. I guess I have a thing with old, outdated games no one plays anymore. I'm not sure how much damage Sony will do. but if they do scrap it, I'm sure someone could try and buy the codebase off them. I know I would if I could somehow afford it.

Comment

Awesome

Congrats to the whole team.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may
              have to back up his acts with his life."

Robert A. Heinlein

"I would spread the cloths under your feet:
              But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
              I have spread my dreams under your feet;
              Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

Yeats

Comment

I emailed a high up person from Sony yesterday. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon to quelch any rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                  Dalis died because of OOCness. You can try to justify it any way you want ICly, but the reasons and method was OOC.

I was to stoned at the time to really care. I still don't really care.

And to get back on topic, I'm kinda sure Sony won't throw away TEC. They kept infantry. No one plays Infantry anymore. Except me. I guess I have a thing with old, outdated games no one plays anymore. I'm not sure how much damage Sony will do. but if they do scrap it, I'm sure someone could try and buy the codebase off them. I know I would if I could somehow afford it.

Dude, play on Aaerox's server with me. IM me for the URL for the mini server.

Comment

Tec/gr

There's nothing to worry about for TEC or GR. They are still going to be Skotos games for a good long while. We'll be working together with Skotos to make sure that the games are still supported, possibly by a combination of Worlds Apart and Skotos folks at some point here in the near future.

On another note, I just wanted to give a big thanks to all of you guys for your support of TEC and Worlds Apart over the years. We certainly wouldn't have had the opportunities that have come our way without TEC, and its passionate players, as a successful foundation to build on.

Comment

Oh dear god, don't let those weird Skotos people manage our game. Dathan is a fascist.

Comment

lmfao

agrees with eddy ... first sight of snow and i,m running
                        Ich gehore nicht zur
                        Baader-Meinhof Gruppe.

Comment

Yes, we can definately do without Dathan. The guy can pull weird accusations of cheating out of thin air.

Comment

So like... we're not going anywhere. And not feeling any thing from this... make sense.
                            Blame Skotos.

Signatures should not exceed the length of this.

Comment

Since they don't want the skotos people, can we have them over in GR?

Comment

Originally posted by Vorico View Post
                                Since they don't want the skotos people, can we have them over in GR?
                                I don't think the 7 people who play GR need an additional staff member.

Comment

Working...
                                X