Any fellow Mac users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fellow Mac users?

For the life of me I can't understand why my Java applet loads only the top half of all the words unless I scroll up and back down. Any fellow Mac users have a solution other than using a different client? I've been using the large java client for like 10+ years and I'm kind of used to it.

My Mac is brand new, with OSX Lion, and the software is up to date, and I'm using Chrome.

I'd like an answer to this as well. I simply use an alternate client.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chris View Post
      For the life of me I can't understand why my Java applet loads only the top half of all the words unless I scroll up and back down. Any fellow Mac users have a solution other than using a different client? I've been using the large java client for like 10+ years and I'm kind of used to it.

My Mac is brand new, with OSX Lion, and the software is up to date, and I'm using Chrome.
      It's been like this for at least a decade. I started playing in 2000 and I remember people complaining about it nearly as far back as that. There's never been a cure.

Comment

The answer:

Use Zealotry with Firefox. It's currently the fastest and prettiest client out there for Mac, and the most reliable.

Alternatively, if you're really super into Java, you can try to download the stuff from here.

I personally despise Java, and have been a Mac user for 4+ years now. And I get my Mac Mini on Tuesday. Hurrah! Then I can play MUDs in stunning 1080p HD on my TV!

Comment

Also, try: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-...ies/Java.shtml

I used to use Sun Java but things have changed. I think that was bought out by Adobe and none of Adobe's software is really supported ever since Apple turned their backs on them in the Dev Wars of '11.

Comment

Yea. I'm beginning to like the other client with the little mini map and what not. I only hate that it scrolls like crazy.

I'll just adapt I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chris View Post
              Yea. I'm beginning to like the other client with the little mini map and what not. I only hate that it scrolls like crazy.

I'll just adapt I guess.
              How do you mean 'scrolls'?
              the echo can be shut off if you prefer it gone. Font size can be changed too.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
              HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                How do you mean 'scrolls'?
                the echo can be shut off if you prefer it gone. Font size can be changed too.
                Flash Client has that scroll bar outside of the text box for the game, I sometimes have that scroll issue too, but only when I'm trying to scroll up or down to look for something and i do it too fast.

Comment

Yeah. It scrolls the whole client if you scroll up through your game, and then back down.

Comment

Firefox + Zealotry.

Use it, learn it, appreciate it.

It's prettier than Java and Flash. It doesn't scroll back down. It's ultra fast on a Mac. Plus you can autolog everything, which in itself is a massive boon.

Comment

Mac Firefox / Java

I normally use the Zealotry Firefox client while I play. I can copy scrolling text into an open office doc and edit later for my use IG. The issue I have with Zealotry is the word wrap and spacing of IG parchments and codex.

In the past I would prepare a 2 - 3 page MS word doc. I would be able to cut and paste it IG using the Firefox client fine. But in order to check if the spacing and appearance of the IG parchment / codex was perfect, I'd have to log out of Firefox and go into one of the JAVA clients.

Today, I tried to prepare an IG parchment for IG characters. Sadly, when I opened the JAVA client, both small and large, I found the input cursor line not responding to text.

I can type on the input line but the line does not respond the the <enter> key on my keyboard. Nothing happens when I press the return button. So I am stuck in the Welcome area unable to form any commands.

Any suggestions?
                      A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

Comment

Working...
                      X