Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Ludus Valerius Comments and Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ludus Valerius Comments and Feedback

As announced in the game just earlier, Ludus Valerius has just been released. For those who wish to know more about the area, I suggest reading the Ludus Valerius Pre-Release Notes thread. If you don't know already, the area is located just west of the Bronze Lane mark point.

Please use this thread to give comments and feedback related to the Ludus. Remember that further tweaks may be necessary to further balance things out.

First feedback!

Umm..

Nothing negative so far!

Comment

It needs interactive prostititues.

I kid! Slightly. I've played with it a bit, and so far I'm impressed. It's not mind-numbingly hard to get fights (although I can see overcrowding happening, but that's where group play comes into play), and the SP is good.

Overall, I approve.

Comment

So...since a lot of people can't get in be it you're too strong, you're free to play, or whatever reason. Training is half off. They teach every combat skill to 10/10 and I personally am getting about .75-1sp a hit. Which is pretty solid.

Haven't gotten to the 2nd and 3rd tier yet but all in all awesome job GM's.

Comment

I love the new area.

Sorry Uzak for breaking your ludus!
          Originally posted by Ilaxandus
          Differential equations AGAIN???? FML

Comment

Haha...I thought that was me Jocephus.

Few constructive criticism's.

If you're gonna have grapples in the Ludus, add how to free yourself in the tutorial or maybe even in the ludus somehow. Or remove the response from "Free me" because it confuses me everytime I grappled and I've been here 12 years.

I noticed that every skill is taught to 10/10. Is that the cap on getting kicked out? That's pretty solid if you can leave the ludus with 10/10 weapon, shield, CM's. That's how the dummy USED to be and should've stayed. If you can go higher than that even better.

Possibly sell leather shields and some minor armor/weapons there? Nothing super fancy but maybe up to bronze weapons and leather armor. Just so you don't get as beat up and you can put use to the fact that they teach shields there.

If it's not already in place, give a reminder via the trainers that you're gonna be too strong for the place soon. Just so you can prepare to move on with your life.

Other than that, Kudos.

Comment

200 max SP cap should be raised to 300. No higher. I, along with many other people, train alts for just that amount of SP every cycle. I'm weird and only like bothering people for lessons when I absolutely have time to, not when I'm forced to.

Comment

Stopped by with my alt and it's pretty freaking cool.

He's sleeping in the bunks as I write this.

Definitely more fun than fighting sewer rats for hours! And you actually learn about combat while you're doing it.

A+ good sir, A+.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                  200 max SP cap should be raised to 300. No higher. I, along with many other people, train alts for just that amount of SP every cycle. I'm weird and only like bothering people for lessons when I absolutely have time to, not when I'm forced to.
                  You get no sp if you have 200 saved? That's mildly retarded.
                  Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                  Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                  Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                  It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                  Originally posted by Tale
                  My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
                    Actually, I believe it prevents you from farming the newbie-friendly area for absurd amounts of sp, hovering just under the rank cap that would force you to move onto other areas more appropriate for your skill level.

In this way, it also has the side benefit of preventing over-crowding.
                    Game Master Tale
                    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Was pleasantly surprised to find out one of my alts could get in. Doubt he'll be allowed in for much longer though
                      an Iridine officer responds from afar, "Sometimes I feel like Agent Smith when I go from NPC to NPC."

Tale responds from afar, "No problem. Hope you decide to join in. The event group(s) will need the intelligence boost. "

Comment

Great work, awesome place to train. I like how it's easier to fit into your skill level versus fighting gladiators in the colosseum where it just seems to be a random skill level. It's also great to have the trainers right in there teaching low ranks in everything for a decent price. The first 10 ranks seem to be some of the most important in each specific skill when you are starting out.

I can fight thugs/brutes without too much issue, and was pleasantly surprised to land in the mid tier and have hopes to still train there in the higher tier. Seems like it might be a solid way to get from brutes/thugs to bandits/etc in the mid->high sections of the place.

Comment

Was it designed to allow people to bring dogs in there? Do dogs get better at attacking with training?
                          an Iridine officer responds from afar, "Sometimes I feel like Agent Smith when I go from NPC to NPC."

Tale responds from afar, "No problem. Hope you decide to join in. The event group(s) will need the intelligence boost. "

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post
                            Actually, I believe it prevents you from farming the newbie-friendly area for absurd amounts of sp, hovering just under the rank cap that would force you to move onto other areas more appropriate for your skill level.

In this way, it also has the side benefit of preventing over-crowding.
                            Make it skill point wise instead of rank wise then. Noone can get more training than what they're allowed, whether they spend there sp or not, like the dummy?
                            Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                            Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                            Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                            It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                            Originally posted by Tale
                            My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
                              From what I recall in the Notes, after you have over 200 unspent SP, you start to gain less and less SP until you gain none at all practically. Spend that SP!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information