Ludus Valerius Comments and Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elsana View Post
    How do you say Pankratiasts? I always thought it was Pankrationists. D: D: D:
    Pankers

Argued with GM Tale on forums.
    Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
    Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
    It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
    Originally posted by Tale
    My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I do have one suggestion about the pilum hoplites... why not incorporate more shields such as bash and upbash instead of making them use jab, pjab and thrust over and over? (they also seem to have no repeat move penalty)
      Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

If archery can't be used in the Ludus without a maxed out point blank shot, then archery ranks should not affect your combat ranking.

I have a mediocre archer who just picked up brawling and was using the Ludus as a training area. His brawling ranks are still pretty laughable (10 basics, 5's and 1's in a couple subs), but he's been moved to the mid-tier slaves due to his archery ranks. As it stands now he can't use the Ludus at all, because the mid level slaves tear through him at his current brawling ranks.

By making archery untrainable at the Ludus and removing its impact from combat ranks, people can still train archery the old fashioned way at the target if they want, but can learn a close-range combat skill from the Ludus like everyone else gets to.
        Originally posted by Bactrian
        Every member of the staff prides him or herself on a constructive relationship with the players, and we expect that relationship to remain constructive in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaser View Post
          I wanted to give kudos to the GMs/whoever helped make this, it is really, really awesome. This makes an impactful, positive and fun change to starting a new combat character. Thank you.
          Thank you for the feedback!

Originally posted by masterz View Post
          I do have one suggestion about the pilum hoplites... why not incorporate more shields such as bash and upbash instead of making them use jab, pjab and thrust over and over? (they also seem to have no repeat move penalty)
          The frequency at which they use parting jab and fallback + overhead thrust was lessened about three weeks ago (I forgot to post about it, too!). I am fairly satisfied with the current retreat rate which is about 15% less than it originally was. I might look into adding them new interesting attacks later down the road so they have a more diversified rotation. All NPCs do -not- have repeat move penalties.

Originally posted by Flint5150 View Post
          If archery can't be used in the Ludus without a maxed out point blank shot, then archery ranks should not affect your combat ranking.

I have a mediocre archer who just picked up brawling and was using the Ludus as a training area. His brawling ranks are still pretty laughable (10 basics, 5's and 1's in a couple subs), but he's been moved to the mid-tier slaves due to his archery ranks. As it stands now he can't use the Ludus at all, because the mid level slaves tear through him at his current brawling ranks.

By making archery untrainable at the Ludus and removing its impact from combat ranks, people can still train archery the old fashioned way at the target if they want, but can learn a close-range combat skill from the Ludus like everyone else gets to.
          Thank you for the feedback. I will have to take everything into consideration before making any changes.

As always, feel free to share any and all feedback regarding Ludus Valerius. Minor tweaks are still being made behind the scenes. Your feedback is always read and is very appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsana View Post
            How do you say Pankratiasts? I always thought it was Pankrationists. D: D: D:
            Wikipedia says pankratiast. My spell-check bugs out whenever I type the word, however it's not a common-use word, so it's understandable.

Ah well. I like to say, "Pankrate."
            "I'm not a bad man, I'm just overwhelmed..." She Wants Revenge, These Things

You can't bring sexy back without a receipt.

Originally posted by xiaozh
            I got XCIX problems but a troll ain't one.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint5150 View Post

This is a rough subject, it brings back memories of when the newbie hunting areas all had that code entered onto their spawns where if you are > a certain number of total combat ranks, every hit is a t5 damage and pretty much kills them instantly.

At the time I was learning spears for fun, but had a hell of a time training them because I wasn't good enough for the dumps yet, but killed everything in 1 hit at newbie areas because of my club ranks. So, I feel your pain on this one... it just is probably near impossible to code in because who is to say someone won't cheat one day and train a bunch of archery and point-blank just to hoard sp at the ludus? The game doesn't know just because you have say, 300 combat ranks, you're intentionally not using 290 of them.

All in all, nothing to my knowledge was ever done about the newbie hunting areas... if its a second or third combat skill, I say just deal with it and work it in here and there while you hunt harder areas with your better skills. Hell... when I learned brawling, it didn't even give ANY skills. So I had to spend double the GSP learning kick, and just threw in random kicks on stunned guys for a long time, eventually working up to having a 5 move decent rotation. *shrugs* Sucks but many have had to do things like that.
              Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

If you are training a second skillset, the pits, vale and old city are perfect starting spots. The only one of the 3 that is remotely dangerous is the old city since the fire lizards and leech snakes tend to want to play rough.

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post
                  If you are training a second skillset, the pits, vale and old city are perfect starting spots. The only one of the 3 that is remotely dangerous is the old city since the fire lizards and leech snakes tend to want to play rough.
                  I would even throw the Villa in there. Just dodge the wasps.

Comment

I had an idea and I know there is already a place like this...
                    Wouldn't there be a surplus of injured people here?
                    Why not let the healers meet up with their future clients by aiding Xellator?

Comment

• I'm enjoying it, both from a training point and from the NPC background noise. Nice work! I've also met a few people there and that has helped immensely with my enjoyment of the game.
                      Nothing much to say.

Comment

• Just gotta give Kudos to the GM's on this place. One of the best additions to the game ever.
                        Originally posted by Pkticketsarefun
                        LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU GET PK'd!!!!!
                        Originally posted by Max Powers
                        Once again, as the ole TEC adage goes: When you cannot outsmart a person, complain louder.

Comment

Working...
                        X