Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incentive To Play

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Incentive To Play

    There are a whole ton of games out there. Granted, few of them are as much of a time sink as The Eternal City is, but they're still out there. The numbers in the playerbase have been dwindling significantly over the last decade and the end result is what we have today.

    Few players that are committed, and fewer organisations actually function in today's day and age. Those players that are committed are very untrusting of new blood, and very cliquey, which makes free-to-play pretty much a pointless factor.

    Incentives. What are -you- getting out of this game, and what do you -want- to get out of this game? It's a pretty important question that nobody really asks, and all games that are thriving in 2012 have incentives, pulls, ploys or tactics for not only gaining new players but keeping them too.

    So what are ours? And what should ours be? Free to play was a step in the right direction, but it was handled piss poorly due to crappy PR. Everybody seems to be waiting for The Eternal City to die, yet few people seem interested in making it thrive.

    So, for a curious mind, what should our incentives be? What should we be doing to interest old players into returning? To interest new players in staying? To keep -you- playing? Please take a minute to answer, 'cos I'm kinda interested.

  • #2
    Pretty sure TEC isn't F2P. A friend of mine was on trial, but now he can't log in because it says he has to pay first.

    Anyway... I dunno. That's tough to say - everyone has their reasons for staying. Personally, I can't enjoy any other MUD because they always seem to lack something. Probably the really sweet combat system TEC has. Also, I only did kind of play Iron Realms and they were pretty Pay-to-Win...

    I guess I also dislike MUDs being too 'freeform'. Give me a charagen dammit /rant, rant, rant

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by krisslanza View Post
      Pretty sure TEC isn't F2P. A friend of mine was on trial, but now he can't log in because it says he has to pay first.

      Anyway... I dunno. That's tough to say - everyone has their reasons for staying. Personally, I can't enjoy any other MUD because they always seem to lack something. Probably the really sweet combat system TEC has. Also, I only did kind of play Iron Realms and they were pretty Pay-to-Win...

      I guess I also dislike MUDs being too 'freeform'. Give me a charagen dammit /rant, rant, rant
      It's free to play TEC. It isn't free to play any of the other skotos games.

      So you log in, it tells you that you have to pay, then you go back o the play now screen and launch the tec window and it will log in.

      Originally posted by VinianQuartz
      HAIL CULEXUS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Armataan View Post
        It's free to play TEC. It isn't free to play any of the other skotos games.

        So you log in, it tells you that you have to pay, then you go back o the play now screen and launch the tec window and it will log in.
        Hmmm I will try to tell my friend that and see what happens.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Armataan View Post
          It's free to play TEC. It isn't free to play any of the other skotos games.

          So you log in, it tells you that you have to pay, then you go back o the play now screen and launch the tec window and it will log in.
          It's exactly as he says. I was confused at first, and would have left like your friend if I didn't know better.
          Originally posted by Sceadu
          It WILL be monitored.

          Comment


          • #6
            Incentives

            There are a lot more GM run events these days.

            Events that are not necessarily dominated by certain spam bots or IG characters like the past. I don't see IG characters being OOC in order to rub shoulders or dominate a GM event these days.

            I find the present GM events rather refreshing and friendly. I believe newer players would find them enjoyable.
            A man in a bright orange mask in the shape of a sunburst gently strikes a small brass gong with a leather-wrapped rod.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tjames View Post
              There are a lot more GM run events these days.

              Events that are not necessarily dominated by certain spam bots or IG characters like the past. I don't see IG characters being OOC in order to rub shoulders or dominate a GM event these days.

              I find the present GM events rather refreshing and friendly. I believe newer players would find them enjoyable.
              I've noticed this. Been quite enjoying the few I've been able to get to lately
              "Live to fight another day." -- Laverous Solaris

              Comment

              Working...
              X