So I was going to pay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was going to pay...

But I thought what's the point. Even 12.95 is steep for the little benefit you get, last time I think I got 125ish rolepoints, and played a 2nd character a bit.

Who decides the benefits and extras you get for basic and premium, GMs or skotos staff?
    Argued with GM Tale on forums.
    Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
    Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
    It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
    Originally posted by Tale
    My apologies to Glenh.

Originally posted by glenh View Post
    But I thought what's the point. Even 12.95 is steep for the little benefit you get, last time I think I got 125ish rolepoints, and played a 2nd character a bit.

Who decides the benefits and extras you get for basic and premium, GMs or skotos staff?
    I'd like to see a reason to jump up to the premium package. The benefits of premium don't seem important enough for me to justify the increased costs. I'd like to see:

Decreased costs of items on which I can use RPS,
    A monthly uncommon item (perhaps all accounts could be granted the same item that isn't rare, but would be a common item with a bit of a more interesting description),
    Opportunities to earn BPs,
    Monthly opportunity to talk with GMs about ongoing projects.

I'm not asking for anything too extraordinary here. I'm not even sure what current perks exist for Premium accounts. I've played pretty constantly for the last 4 months and it is taking forever to earn anything with RPS. I was sad that the premium package had such little to offer me (Granted, my knowledge about what benefits came from the original emails announcing the program).
    Originally posted by Ilaxandus
    Differential equations AGAIN???? FML

Comment

With the amount I play it would take me two months to earn 1000 RPs with a premmie account. If I played all the time I could half that time but it's still not worth it to me. Months of playing just for an attribute increase or a custom description? Yeah, right.

Comment

Meh. 30 bucks of my 1700 dollar monthly budget is chump change. A few less trips to the bars, a few less trips to micky d's.. I make sacrifices to pay a premium price for a game that I invest all my spare time in to (which is like 10 hours a week at most)

I dunno, that's just me. I like this game, so I spend less money here and there to afford the 30 bucks a month that is costs to get the premium package. The way I figure it, if you're going to spend 12 bucks on a text based RPG, you might as well double it and get 234235346 times more for your money. Premium perks yield a lot more for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by sammus12 View Post
          With the amount I play it would take me two months to earn 1000 RPs with a premmie account. If I played all the time I could half that time but it's still not worth it to me. Months of playing just for an attribute increase or a custom description? Yeah, right.
          Just read this. Again, this is just me, but it now takes me about 4 months to register 1k RP's.

Comment

I would pay if the prices weren't so high for a text game.. Sure you get skotos account you get to play the other games. I would rather they release deals for one game only. Five dollar basic or 15 premium TEC account anyone? Of course either giving out more rps or changing the costs would be nice.
            Originally posted by Sceadu
            It WILL be monitored.

Comment

I think a RP adjustment couldn't hurt. I feel TEC's RP system is suffering from a "not getting with the times", not everyone can spend 10+ hours a day on TEC anymore with a plethora of other games out there to play as well.

But hey, I just kinda wanna get some scars and stuff, but 200 RPs a piece is painful...

Comment

Originally posted by krisslanza View Post
                I think a RP adjustment couldn't hurt. I feel TEC's RP system is suffering from a "not getting with the times", not everyone can spend 10+ hours a day on TEC anymore with a plethora of other games out there to play as well.
                My issue with it has nothing to do with a plethora of other games, so much as having fulltime work/school/parenting/priorities. I think most of the playerbase at this point can agree with that.

It is indeed an issue of getting with the times, but the times IMO are more to do with the fact taht we aren't aged 15-30 anymore. We are now aged 25-40.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
                  My issue with it has nothing to do with a plethora of other games, so much as having fulltime work/school/parenting/priorities. I think most of the playerbase at this point can agree with that.

It is indeed an issue of getting with the times, but the times IMO are more to do with the fact taht we aren't aged 15-30 anymore. We are now aged 25-40.
                  I can say I'm aged 23 now, instead of like... 13 and stuff. But yeah, there's that too. A lot of started playing in our teens, or maybe early adult life. Now... well, yeah.

Comment

I refuse to admit how much time I've put into this game.
                    Spectatum veniunt, veniunt spectentur ut ipsae.

-- Ovid

<Iason thinks aloud: HELP!>

Comment

Agree with a lot of things said here. The costs are too high, this isn't going to change because it is Skotos, not TEC, responsible for that. But my point is, who makes the rules on basic/premium. Can we not say basic accounts get more perks, and premium even more?

Like stated, we have all matured a bit and alot of us are spending less and less time on TEC. There has been talk of more character turn arounds and catching up etc. But at 1000RP a stat increase, 1000RP to move a skillslot etc, there are fewer people to afford such things.

Get with the times, lower cost's on all things that cost RP. Like most people, i'm sure as hell not going to part with 30 bucks a month and then HAVE to be logged into TEC typing something every 10 minutes just to get a big benefit of being premium...

Isn't there something our GM's can do in regards to rolepoint costs?
                      Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                      Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                      Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                      It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                      Originally posted by Tale
                      My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

I've wondered how many more premium accounts would be purchased per month if the cost was lower. I bet you Skotos would profit more if they did lower the price. Or offer "TEC-ONLY" packages, or something. Like, why the fuck are you going to send me a book light, an oven mitt, a spatula-knife, and 20 freezer bags when all I want is the blender? I don't want your crappy giveaways, I want what I came for.

For serious, though, really truly, companies make more money when they offer things at reasonable market prices, because it doesn't make people cringe away in horror when they look at the price tag. Not everyone is going to get their money's worth, because most people are like me.. I refuse to make TEC a full-time job, plus pay $30/month, just to get an attribute increase or a fancy textual artifact I'll shove in the bank. The game is what you put into it, and not everyone can put in time and money, so they usually end up going with neither.

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
                          Isn't there something our GM's can do in regards to rolepoint costs?
                          I can answer this partially, because this has been discussed in the recent past:

There are too many banked RPs. There are people who have thousands (sometimes tens-of-thousands) of role points just chillin on their accounts. Therefore, it is assumed that they are easy to obtain if you want to obtain them, nevermind the fact that most people won't play this for ten hours a day.

Now, the real issue... If you lower the costs, there would be more GOD CHARACTERS and ZMG THEY PAID FOR THEM IT WAS SO UNFAIR.

-____-

Really, it makes no sense. I don't give a shit how long someone sat around hidden at the Toga to gain RPs, they did it, and they paid for those RPs with real monies. They can have some fancy cloth, Herculean calves, or a damn villa with a view of Ereal's nutsack, for all I care. They get the nuts and beef, and players who play less can still have what they want. Downside? None that I can see, except someone would have to code ^^^ all that.

Comment

They should let people give away RPs then. Those hoarders! *shakes fist*
                            Not everyone has a job that lets them put TEC on a tablet, or something portable, and just put in a command every few minutes to gain RPs.

Or a script doing the same thing.

Comment

On that note I think it'll be better if they just gave everyone a set amount of rp a day instead of it being based on time spent online like 50 for basic and 100 for premium?.. A bonus rp when participating in events, but giving out rp based on time spent idling is dumb.

Sure they'll be a lot of requests for custom this or that, but this is when you tact on high IG prices. Want a diamond in your retalq gladius? 100 talents. Want a gold colored sagum? 100 talents.. There economy fixed, happy players able to spend rp.

Add in other ways of spending rp that doesn't involve GMs to make it easier.?
                              Originally posted by Sceadu
                              It WILL be monitored.

Comment

Working...
                              X