Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

auto-warranting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto-warranting

My complaint is with auto warranting by pc characters with no rp to it.....

Its b/s in my opinion like banditing without rp

Any thoughts?
    Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
    Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Originally posted by celticdark View Post
    My complaint is with auto warranting by pc characters with no rp to it.....

Its b/s in my opinion like banditing without rp

Any thoughts?
    You mean from a distance?

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
    HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

No like walk up apply warrant and walk away
      Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

Originally posted by celticdark View Post
        No like walk up apply warrant and walk away
        Besides the fact this seems like the abuse of a mechanical privilege, these constables should also be fired for not doing their job.

Comment

Ha ha. Yeah, that is exactly what happened.

Comment

if i had a screenshot basically yeah it was

you warranted, said yeah stand passive theyll start swinging and then walked away, i followed you so i could speak with you since thats what you said you wanted to do and when you realised that you walked back to the toga disbanded and let the npc do the arrest, least you couldve done was rped for a couple of minutes, i would've been more then happy to explain my side of things and answer questions and if needed at that point submitted for arrest

Comment

My favorite is when pc constables guard doors while they think out asking if they should warrant you.

Comment

Originally posted by Khit View Post
                My favorite is when pc constables guard doors while they think out asking if they should warrant you.
                Why not? If you're a known criminal or are constantly causing trouble it makes sense. In Iridine you're guilty until proven innocent.
                Spectatum veniunt, veniunt spectentur ut ipsae.

-- Ovid

<Iason thinks aloud: HELP!>

Comment

Originally posted by Khit View Post
                  Yeah, that's kind of unavoidable. There isn't an instantaneous way to convey knowledge to other PC constables. Sometimes you're honestly not sure if someone is supposed to be warranted, especially if someone else has been handling the investigation.
                  "I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world," Robert Frost

Comment

I miss the old days where they would just beat you, possibly killing you then tossing you in jail or hiding the body afterwards. As of now, constables serve no purpose other than chasing pickpockets, policing thoughts and telling you that you have to talk to the captain or legate.

I feel bad for the Legio, they're left playing hide and seek with PC bandits and trying to find ways to be useful.

Comment

Yeah, it's safer to just knock them down and then ask. I'm starting to understand it.

Comment

I honestly don't see the complaint if he walked into the room with you and did it.

I mean, it isn't as if he couldn't have utterly destroyed you by attacking you himself if he wanted to? And you had every opportunity to submit for arrest, or to run away from the npcs, duck out of their view, and go to the toga to ask him why it was happening?

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Working...
                        X