Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is TEC?

What is TEC all about?

And what distinguishes it from ICO and CM?

You were booted from GM'ing in Ironclaw?

Comment

I have already said all I care to on the subject in my resignation thread and I refuse to discuss the matter any further.

Furthermore, my history on ironclaw really has no bearing on the subject at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by shentino View Post
        What is TEC all about?

And what distinguishes it from ICO and CM?
        From CM? A wonderful combat and training system. And free emotes. From ICO? Not sure. Never played it.

As for what it's all about? The introduction page actually describes it pretty well.

"No one remembers who built the Harbor of the Moons, nor its towering counterpart, the spires of unknown stone that rises from the cliffs of Iridine. No one can say when Moonfall first took place, when the first purplish-black storms appeared, roiling through the moonlit countryside in furious silence. No one remembers just how old the inner city really is, nor or to what ends of Midlight its folk were scattered."

Behind the solid mechanics, there is a pretty awesome overarching story. As a long term TEC player I am biased, but it's definitely a better game than CM. Appeals to a wider audience, that's for sure.
        "I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world," Robert Frost

Comment

So what's the genre, setting, and stuff like that?

Comment

So what's the genre, setting, and stuff like that?
            Loosely based on ancient Rome, fairly low fantasy. There is magic, but it's kept mysterious and rare.
            "I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world," Robert Frost

Comment

I did read the player's guide a bit and it did instantly fill my head with images of Athens and old ancient civilizations.

Quite interesting.

If I ever get the gumption to spring for a pay account I'll be happy to take a look at it.

Comment

I did read the player's guide a bit and it did instantly fill my head with images of Athens and old ancient civilizations.

Quite interesting.

If I ever get the gumption to spring for a pay account I'll be happy to take a look at it.
                No need! You can play TEC without a paid Skotos account.

Comment

Originally posted by Livak View Post
                  No need! You can play TEC without a paid Skotos account.
                  Keep in mind you'll only be allowed 1 character slot with no access to the RPs or it's perks. However, this is hardly needed to get immersed in the game.

I would strongly recommend spending a few weeks exploring TEC. You will not regret it.

Comment

Freebie accounts are perfect for those who have never tried the game. Play the character for a few weeks. If you like it, and want to stick around, then by all means, stick around. If you really like it, and want to see some of the cool perks, then throw 13 dollars towards Skotos and upgrade to a basic account.

If you have spare time and enjoy gaming, then TEC is worth a try. At least give it a try. It's free.

Comment

What can you do with just a trial account that's already expired?

I have a staff account but I'm not allowed to use it for actual paid play, so I need to abide by freebie restrictions.

Comment

Expired trial account will turn into free account. It's automatic whenever you don't pay for your account. You will have access to only one character - the top one and won't be able to use or gain roleplaying points.
                        Otherwise you can do everything just like with a paid account.
                        http://forum.skotos.net/showpost.php...74&postcount=2

We would be very happy to have you in game.

Comment

Now I just need to know how to use zealotry to connect.

Comment

Now I just need to know how to use zealotry to connect.
                            Pretty simple. Requires Firefox. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Download the Add-On. http://www.skotos.net/Zealotry/

Play the game. http://tec.skotos.net/Zealotry/launch.php

Done.
                            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                            A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Wow, two threads in a day about people actually joining TEC, nice! Welcome aboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X