Bleeding criticals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding criticals

Can someone fix bleeding criticals, If you do a blood flow's, trickle, freely type critical they just turn out to be slowly oozing 100% of the time.

That is the point of bladed weapons vs blunt weapons, how about when blunt weapons get bone breaking criticals they are not really broken and we all can have gimped glory.

I'm not sure...when that treehouse archer hits me, it says 'blood flows' and it ends up being a trickler.

Comment

Bone breaking crits don't always break bones by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVeteran View Post
        Can someone fix bleeding criticals, If you do a blood flow's, trickle, freely type critical they just turn out to be slowly oozing 100% of the time.

That is the point of bladed weapons vs blunt weapons, how about when blunt weapons get bone breaking criticals they are not really broken and we all can have gimped glory.
        Your unhealthy obsession with OMGCRITSCRITSCRITS aside, bleeding crits work fine. I've recently done a crit bleeder that ate 60 HP over the course of about 5 minutes. It isn't meant to be an auto-win, it's meant to dramatically tilt the fight in your favor.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
        HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Unless I'm misreading this, I believe the concern comes from the descriptive words used in the Critical Hit line vs the severity of the bleeder.

The latter is determined by the actual mechanical strength of the hit: The original line in the attack is only loosely based on this (much like how damage levels for normal wounds cover relatively large ranges themselves), and follows the creative writing of whomever came up with a particular crit. It isn't representative of the bleeding wound's specific rate of damage.
          Last edited by Kneller; 05-06-2013, 04:26 PM.
          Active Projects:
          • Priorities
            1. Bug fixes
            2. Fixes for existing hunting grounds/NPCs (ongoing)
            3. Basran Hill story, eventual lead to ToH.
          • Side projects
            1. Malezzerai (dialogue ongoing)
            2. Armour Rebalancing (ongoing)
            3. Assisting org/event GMs with lore consistency and coding support.
            4. Additions to Monlon (TBA), Blackvine (after Monlon), Rock Valley (after BV), Steps (after RV.) Overall goal to add substance to existing regions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kneller View Post
            Unless I'm misreading this, I believe the concern comes from the descriptive words used in the Critical Hit line vs the severity of the bleeder.

The latter is determined by the actual mechanical strength of the hit: The original line in the attack is only loosely based on this (much like how damage levels for normal wounds cover relatively large ranges themselves), and follows the creative writing of whoever came up with a particular crit. It isn't representative of the bleeding wound's specific rate of damage.
            It also seems that some crits have a minimum bleed level and a maximum bleed level.

[Success: 5, Roll: 57] You send a heavy, underhand punch towards a gladiator, stabbing at him with the blades of your studded leather cestus! Critical Hit! The studded leather cestus penetrates a gladiator's shoulder, causing him to lower his guard!

This crit for an example always produces a trickling wound even though stab would have produced only a puncture in these circumstances. The first bleed was a trickler, the second and following bleeds only were oozing wounds.

Same goes for the gaping wound to the thigh crit, it seems to have a cap at a trickling wound regardless of how much actual damage is done. Others seem to operate like you say and seem to have modifiers based on the strength of the character.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information