Kudos for RPotM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos for RPotM

Sceadu. There's major abuse written all over this.

Originally posted by Tweninger
    Me and two others who never play are gonna log in to kudos my friend! My friend will win every month!
    The scripter has a point. When I think Tweninger, I do think abuse.
    No time for this - there are artifacts to find!

Comment

Originally posted by Iosaerius View Post
      The scripter has a point. When I think Tweninger, I do think abuse.
      I always have a point.

Oh, and that post that I deleted and you pasted, was more sarcastic then anything else. I'm not logging in, and I'm definitely not logging in to access an @kudos perk to benefit an account that'll never win RPoTM anyways.. (He doesn't go to GM events.)

When I think of Tweninger, I think of a gigantic waste of time and money... and really bad grammar.

Comment

There will be people who can work this system. I can't work the other system and won't work well with this one(i dont communicate via messenger with enough 'jackwagons')...but maybe the next system!

Also, this could be open to abuse by revealing who plays who. I hope no one figures out I play Mausx.

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
          There will be people who can work this system. I can't work the other system and won't work well with this one...but maybe the next one!
          There will always be those who will work a system over. It all comes down to how hard it is to work over. This seems pretty easy. A win for all those who do nothing but try to beat TEC.

Comment

And they'll lose the privilege. Any form of abuse seems like it would be terribly obvious if they were looking for it, so... congratulations, one month you might be able to snag enough points to beat someone with two bonus points, but then you never get to try again.

Comment

I think it's a good change.

Sure, you could always vote for your friend but so will everyone. In order to get first you'll also need to have some OTHER people vote for you, too.

Only paying accounts can do it, which means much less people will be out doing it and it'll be easier to track.

If one character is getting @kudos from hundreds of random players it'll be clear what's going on I think.

Comment

Yes, yes.. the GM's will be on top of it to make sure there is no abuse...At least for a few months. I'm fine with that part..I'm more concerned with if they plan to make the rpotm anonymous since this could obviously reveal who plays who.

Comment

I'm more concerned with if they plan to make the rpotm anonymous since this could obviously reveal who plays who.
                  Think of RPotM like the lottery. In every state lottery that I'm aware of, it states your name must be allowed to be made public to accept your winnings. It's a promotional issue. I do not want to make the RPotM list turn out to be a joke like our who list has unfortunately degraded to. However, if enough players feel they do not wish to reveal their name in a RPotM list, we could look into making it possible to opt out of the system all-together. What this would mean though is that by opting out, you would not be eligible to win RPotM.
                  Game Master Sceadu

Comment

I also want to throw out there that we are also looking into possibly awarding a Role-Player of the Year in tandem with RPotM. The points you receive each month will also be saved so at the end of the year they can be tallied up to determine who wins RPotY. A possible reward for this that we are considering is a customized character for your account (one we would work with you on) that would be placed in some type of "official" position in the game. This is not written in stone, but it is something we are discussing.
                    Game Master Sceadu

Comment

Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
                      However, if enough players feel they do not wish to reveal their name in a RPotM list, we could look into making it possible to opt out of the system all-together. What this would mean though is that by opting out, you would not be eligible to win RPotM.
                      Another option would be making it a toggle like the org forums are, display your account or character name. If account names are mandatory then that's unfortunate because my anonymity is more important to me than a bonus I've never received before and wouldn't notice missing out on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sceadu View Post
                        I do not want to make the RPotM list turn out to be a joke like our who list has unfortunately degraded to. However, if enough players feel they do not wish to reveal their name in a RPotM list, we could look into making it possible to opt out of the system all-together. What this would mean though is that by opting out, you would not be eligible to win RPotM.
                        This is good to hear. I like Rythgen's suggestion too...or the character of the account that receives the most kudos (if multiple chars on an account are receiving kudos) is displayed instead of account name.

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
                          This is good to hear. I like Rythgen's suggestion too...or the character of the account that receives the most kudos (if multiple chars on an account are receiving kudos) is displayed instead of account name.
                          That could reveal characters, too. If I receive the most kudos for Character A, but someone gives kudos to Character B, the people who know Character B received kudos/RPs/BPs would see that Character B was not on the list, which means someone on the list has to be Characters A and B. Using the process of elimination isn't too difficult in this game.

Sure, that wouldn't necessarily be telling if no one knew either/any of your characters, but it would at least allow people to figure out a character's alt(s).

Comment

I like the character being displayed anyway, all the time.

Comment

I do not want to make the RPotM list turn out to be a joke like our who list has unfortunately degraded to.
                              So make toggle-who simultaneously toggle-think. That way people who aren't on the who list can't think aloud. And make it only possible to toggle on or off once every 24 hours. You could even go so far as to make it only so people with premium can appear off the who list.

It's sort of a fix. Not a brilliant fix, but one nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                              X